Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    x_muscle is offline Junior Member
    if u can afford livin in cali then here are my options:

san diego state unversity ranked #1 by play boy as wildest college

UC Santa Barbra the campus is beatiful directly on the beach, so u can finish your class and go surfin

UCLA what can i say..............its LA

UC Davis this college has its own small town in southern cali so every where in the town there is a party.............drink till you drop
    Last edited by wildbill5252; 05-11-2004 at 10:14 AM.

dnale48 is offline Junior Member
    i wish i could afford cali or i would definently go there

does anyone now of any small colleges right of the beach that are fun. Besides the ones in Cali

alevok Guest
    well I went to Eckerd College down in St Pete Fl, located on a peninsula, excellent climate for learning. I used to go waterskiing, fishing or swimming between classes. It was like a permenant vacation to me, my best days of my life ever, althought there was too much fun I completed my studies in 3 years, ( I wish I did not, I needed hang out there longer, stupid me, what was the rush anyway. And fun at Ybor city (tampa) is unique, girls are hot. If I go to college again it is Eckerd College for sure, small, private, liberal art college

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    Tell you what go to San Diego State....that place is off the hook.....
    UCSD, SDSU, USD, and CSU San Marcos... you really can't go wrong down here in Paradise.... but you will have to work 2 jobs just to have a place to live.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    As far as the other Cali schools -

Chico state - up north in the central valley... not much else to do but Party. Good engineering program too.

UC Davis - Near Sacramento in Northern Cal... kinda like Chico, but a bigger city nearby. If you want ag or vet type stuff, go here.

Humboldt State - Right smack dab in Humboldt County in very northern Cali, which is famous for their fertile herb gardens. Kind of a requirement to be very left leaning politically to survive. But they have a bunch of microbreweries that are really good... so if you want college to be one big high with bouts of drunken blurriness this might be the place.

LA - Ick. Enough said. I never liked LA much. Too much smog, too much traffic, etc.

The OC - Chapman college is there, UC Irvine, etc. Not too bad, but Orange County doesnt have much of a night life, so you will need to go up into LA or down here to San Diego.

UC Santa Barbara / UC Santa Cruz - Central Coast... not much for beaches, it's all cliffs and rocks... but both have great party towns.

To be honest, San Diego is the best place in my opinion....

San Diego is too **** expensive

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Depends on what you call fun.
    I'd vote for Sul Ross University
    http://www.sulross.edu/pages/1.asp
    It's kinda out in the middle of nowhere, somewhere between El Paso and San Antonio, but if you like camping under spectacular night skies (close to Big Bend National Park) and real cowboys and horses, and trips to a nearby (80 miles) Mexican border town with 3 farmacias (1 of which will sell anything to gringos) and lots of inexpensive night life, this is the place.
    It's located in Alpine, approximate population 5,000. And it's located out West, which is the dying part of the state with the exception of El Paso. It's a nice campus and I'm sure they party, but it might be a little TOO small for Dnale48. No disrespect intended. Try Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas. 100,000-person city and 90 minutes from the MetroPlex. :spudniklu
    Last edited by Slick Arrado; 12-30-2004 at 11:08 PM.

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by x_muscle
    UC Davis this college has its own small town in southern cali so every where in the town there is a party.............drink till you drop
    I thought Davis was in NoCal. No? :spudniklu
    Last edited by Slick Arrado; 12-30-2004 at 11:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information