LilVito469 is offline Banned

is anyone here familiar with a cop or a cop themselves?

just curious how the hell do you become a cop? is it true you dont need a college diploma and you just have to take a civil service exam or something like that?

probably not the best post i have in a forum like this...

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    dehydration over at www.worldclassbodybuilding.com is and also there is a guy going thru the process right now to become one over there...check it out..ill get you name of the other guy so you can PM him.

thanks bro i owe you one...im just yound and trying to find out a career without having any college education, and im not into the whole construction getting my hands dirty type of thing.

No problamo man..Good Karma comes around

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have the personality and the desire, sales positions can really rake in some dough. A good number of them don't have any background in higher learning but experience is a must.

PS I thought it was kinda of funny and ironic your contemplating a career in law enforcement and when you have a reputed gangster as your avatar. Classic bro.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    If you have the personality and the desire, sales positions can really rake in some dough. A good number of them don't have any background in higher learning but experience is a must.

PS I thought it was kinda of funny and ironic your contemplating a career in law enforcement and when you have a reputed gangster as your avatar. Classic bro.
    LOL, im hypocritical like that i guess... and i do have alot of experience in sales but i hate the hours, i was doing sales for cologne fragrances making like 16 an hour at malls but its not my thing, i would rather just drive around and bust balls all day...plus the cologne sales i was doing is only temprary unless your really good at it pulling in thousands of dollars in sales a day like my boss was doing...

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by LilVito469
    probably not the best post i have in a forum like this...

its boring fellas...i have been watchin the same episode of sprtscenter for the past like 3 hours it seems...lol

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Cops juice too! I know lots of people that worked corrections and the beat. How you become a cop depends on the state you are in. Some do require a polygraph and ask something like, "have you used or sold illegal drugs within the last 5 years"... so convince yourself that AAS is not illegal... in some countries it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Cops juice too! I know lots of people that worked corrections and the beat. How you become a cop depends on the state you are in. Some do require a polygraph and ask something like, "have you used or sold illegal drugs within the last 5 years"... so convince yourself that AAS is not illegal... in some countries it isn't
    lol....i hope they dont require a polygraph in MA.i'd be guilty for both within the past 5 years, yeah i was a dumbass when i was younger
    Last edited by LilVito469; 05-25-2004 at 12:12 AM.

lol....i hope they dont require a polygraph in MA.i'd be guilty for both selling and using illegal drugs within the past 5 years, yeah i was a dumbass when i was younger
    I had a buddy that wanted to be a cop and said he had to wait "one more year" until he was eligable.... I was like, "why dude?" - he said, "Cause it has been 4 years since I last got stoned!" lol

You can beat a polygraph... kiss the examiners ass (it is all based on his interpretations of the test) and do the anal sphincter squeeze with every question (that way you look nervous for the entire thing)... Look up beating a polygraph on the Net... lots of info...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I had a buddy that wanted to be a cop and said he had to wait "one more year" until he was eligable.... I was like, "why dude?" - he said, "Cause it has been 4 years since I last got stoned!" lol

You can beat a polygraph... kiss the examiners ass (it is all based on his interpretations of the test) and do the anal sphincter squeeze with every question (that way you look nervous for the entire thing)... Look up beating a polygraph on the Net... lots of info...
    well a friend of mine's father is a seargent on the police force in the city i live in, im gonna talk to her tomorrow and have her ask her dad whats up with getting in, maybe since he is a sergeant he can pull a few strings for me...

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    i hear if you take a small amout of of valium you are able to pass them

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    i hear if you take a small amout of of valium you are able to pass them
    really? how so if u dont mind me askin?

well fellas im goin to bed, maybe when i wake up i can get some more answers....

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    really? how so if u dont mind me askin?
    i will look for it ..for you

well a friend of mine's father is a seargent on the police force in the city i live in, im gonna talk to her tomorrow and have her ask her dad whats up with getting in, maybe since he is a sergeant he can pull a few strings for me...
    Deffinitly - you'll probably be surprised at how eager someone on the inside is to help someone persue the same career... ask him what it takes. As far as school, - some do require you get at least an associates within your first few years...

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    http://recruiting.dallaspolice.net/index.cfm?subnav=0

Dallas just got a new chief, he made some noises like he'd like all local cops to have a college degree. Right now it's just 45 hours with a 2.0 average.
    Anyway, their website can tell ya what the big city wants.
    Small towns in Texas aren't quite so stringent . . . I think all you really need is a Texas Peace Officer's certificate (or something like that).

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    I have many friends that are cops. On a city level and a state level. I know that the city level you are more likely to get in without a degree. State police in PA don't require a degree but will take a person with a degree before the person without one. NY Stats Police require a degree. There is some good cash in being a state police officer. You can always try for a local police force then if you like it take night classes at a local school and get your degree then aply for a state job. Best of luck bro. Do it while you are young though. Allot of places have age limits.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea bro, i was for a short time in atlanta, PM me if you wanna know the walk thru from applying to finishing an PA.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Check out www.officer.com. They have a forum you can join (takes a couple days to get approved). There are officers from all over who should be able to answer your questions.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

well i talked to my friends dad and he said i need to be 19 and then i take a written exam or something i lost track after he said i need to be 19 since im only 18 ,and he also said that they take in cops once a year in april...maybe i will just shoot for next year...

he must be talkin about being a PTA or somthing, bc you have to be 21 to be issued and carry a handgun in the US, you can start a training rotation at 20.5, long as your gonna be 21 within a few months of graduation, ive never heard of any place having police officers at 19...

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Sounds like an explorer program. He could always start there and work his way into the department that way.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Sounds like an explorer program. He could always start there and work his way into the department that way.
    jailer, dispatch or PTA, other than that, id get in school and work toward a assoc. degree till your 21, that will help alot, to show your motivated toward that goal...

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    PM me bro...I'm from Mass. too...I might be able to help....

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    just curious how the hell do you become a cop? is it true you dont need a college diploma and you just have to take a civil service exam or something like that?
    It depends on the Department you are applying too. For example the NYPD reqiures 60 credits, whereas Suffolk PD on Long Island doesn't require any. Also I don't know of any Dept that requires college to take the written exam, however like I said above, you may need college to be hired after you pass the test.

Thread Information