GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member

What do you think of the saying "You only live once"...

So I hear this all the time from people because I drink rarely and ofcourse now that i'm on cycle I wont at all. All the boys are out getting loaded right now and try to get me to go with them and no matter how much I try to get them to understand my situation they give me... "But man your young and you only live once" To me it just seems like a justification to go out and drink yourself senceless as often as you want with as less guilt as possible. Something to the extent of "Everyone else is doing it, so it's ok that I do it to" I find the more someone does something that they know is bad for them the more then want to bring people down with them so they feel less guilty about what they are doing. To me that line "You only live once" means absolutely nothing, but it's the holy grail for some people... I'm aware I'm only going to live once and with that I'm living it the way I want to... I don't think drinking and doing drugs all the time constitutes a good life, but for some people that line is the biggest, warmest, security blanket the world has to offer. What do you all think when someone says that line or, If your a person that says that line why do you expect other people to look at it the same way you do?

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i think you are smarter and more mature than your boys.....

i stopped drinking over 3 years ago and now when i have one it makes me sick....i lived in college station for 2 years so i drank much more than my share and i can tell you that life is much better without it....i did have 2 drinks at my bothers wedding and one on new years eve (midnite) so to say i have totally stopped may not be accurate but i am happier....

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Well bro, you are only young for a little bit of time. YOu have to ask yourself are you going to look back on these years and feel like you missed out? Or will you look back and say Those were the years that i got built and put my life into the right direction. Personally i am 20years old and i do not want to look back on my younger days and feel like i missed out.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think those ppl have never realized how close death really is to all of us..

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely not missing out on anything as far as drinking and going to bars is concerned I done that whole scene for 2 years straight. Now I have a girlfriend, am going to university, excelling with my training, and competing this year for the 2nd time... I guess I could always say to them "You only live once so why carry around such a gross out of shape body" but that would just be mean

Thread Information