BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

I have never been sooooo desperate

I posted a thread along these lines several months ago. As the issue is still a royal pain in my azz and has not been resolved, I'm reposting in the hopes that some newer members may have some insight or perhaps some older members have gained some knowledge....i don't know, i'm really reaching here.

More than a year ago, I burned almost 200 CDs onto my computer using the very crappy and inferior (unknown to me at the time) Sony SonicStage music player. This took me a great deal of time and, having moved twice since then, I have lost most of the discs I burned since that time, and reburning is not an option in several instances.

The problem is, after getting some virus some time ago, which may or may not be responsible, sonicstage simply stopped opening each and every track i burned. They still show up on my hard drive as existent and taking up space so they're there, but they REFUSE to open. When I try to open them with another player, it says it can not recognize the file (they are saved as .omg files) and refuses to play it. I can not change the properties to an mp3 in any way that i can tell. I've tried two or three converters with NO luck...as each crashes when trying to convert. I am pissed. Surely i'm not the only one with this problem, as I'm told OMG stands for "Oh My God"...as in, "oh my god, my music is gone".

SOMEONE must know how to remedy this problem......for the love of god.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    did you trying copying the files from the cd unto your hd then trying to conver them..?

try this site..
    http://www.sonydigital-link.com/tuto...i_pae.asp?l=en

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    What about re-installing SonicStage? It worked for me. There must have been a driver conflict causing the error on my PC...I re-installed it...everything worked again.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Try to get ahold of me on AIM, send me a file, and I will see whats up.

ChronicKillers

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I think OMG files can be played in the newest version of winamp, I'm not certain but if they can then you can convert them to wave files and re-encode them to mp3

If that doesn't work then try downloading the newest version of that sony crap software and delete your old version. I've never dealt with that program sorry if that didn't help ya.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    bg if you cant get it to work AIM me and i'll see whats up if psychotron hasnt done it yet.. sn: streeteconomics

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul
    I think OMG files can be played in the newest version of winamp, I'm not certain but if they can then you can convert them to wave files and re-encode them to mp3

If that doesn't work then try downloading the newest version of that sony crap software and delete your old version. I've never dealt with that program sorry if that didn't help ya.
    WMP plays omg files too, but that's his problem; he says that when he tries to play them with players other than Sony, they won't play.

I'd say delete (uninstall) that software and reinstall the new winamp, which should make all media files default-played by winamp.

i have no idea if that'll do anything or not, but then reinstalling the Sony software may correct things.

I don't know anything....my 8 track player never breaks down

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I don't know anything....my 8 track player never breaks down
    Nothing wrong with a little 'Diver Down' on 8 track!!

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    have you tried renaming the file back to the orig extension it was before the virus hit your machine.
    just wondered.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    also try this OpenMG Jukebox file (Sony Corp.'s ATRAC3 codec).
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?ext...&Submit3=Go%21
    you could search online for a convert to mp3 program but that is the info i came across real fast. if you need more help let me know. us new englanders gotta stick together
    hell you are close enough pop over to vermont for the 4th of july fire works and i will recover them for ya
    Last edited by ENraged; 07-02-2004 at 12:43 PM.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    UPDATE:
    I just said 'screw it' and deleted not only sonic stage, but the entire folder containing all the CDs...spent a few hours on P2Ps and just pirated all my old music back save for a few of the 'hard to find' CDs that are pretty cheap on amazon, so I'll repurchase a few.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    There you go, just say 'screw it' although I would have chose the F-bomb. My other comp is a real piece and we had to reinstall windows on it cuz I was tryin to delete some $hit off it and deleted sumthin vital. I reely wanted to give it the ol' "Remington model 1100" virus.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    sweet ASSociate member.

Thread Information