OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Did she or didnt she? Marion Jones

Jones' Ex-Husband Claims She Used Drugs
    Reports Say Ex-Husband of Marion Jones Tells Officials She Used Steroids During 2000 Olympics

July 23, 2004 — The ex-husband of three-time Olympic champion Marion Jones told federal investigators that she used several banned performance-enhancing drugs during the 2000 Olympics in Sydney, two newspapers reported.
    Jones won an unprecedented five track medals at those games, three of them gold.

Her attorney Joseph Burton accused C.J. Hunter of lying out of bitterness over the breakup of the couple's marriage.

Hunter told Internal Revenue Service investigators that he injected his then-wife with banned substances and saw Jones inject herself with the drugs at their home in Australia, the San Francisco Chronicle said.

The San Jose Mercury News also reported Hunter's comments, citing anonymous sources.

Human growth hormone , the steroid THG, insulin and the endurance-boosting drug EPO were among the substances Hunter alleged Jones used.

Angela DeMent, Hunter's lead attorney, told the Mercury News, "It is totally inappropriate for me or any attorney to publicly comment about the facts of a pending case or pending investigation. That being said, perjury is a serious crime and those who commit that crime should be punished accordingly."

Hunter, the 1999 world shot put champion, tested positive for steroids four times in 2000 when he was married to Jones.

At a packed news conference in Sydney where Hunter broke down in tears and tried to explain away his positive tests, Victor Conte sat by his side and commented as his "nutritionist."

Conte founded the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative and is one of four people charged with distributing steroids through the laboratory. Jones and boyfriend Tim Montgomery world record holder at 100 meters were among those who testified before the grand jury that indicted the four.

Jones has asked that her grand jury testimony be made public, and has provided a lie detector test results as evidence she told the truth when she adamantly denied using banned substances.

Montgomery, however, is among four track athletes accused by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency of drug violations, even though they have not tested positive. The accusations are based on evidence gathered by the USADA as a result of the BALCO probe. USADA is seeking to ban all four from the sport for life.

Last month, the Chronicle published what it said was Montgomery's grand jury testimony in which he admitted using steroids.

Jones remains under investigation by BALCO, although she has not been formally accused of any offense.

Travis Tygart, director of legal affairs for the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, would not comment specifically on Jones' case.

But, he said, "USADA is extremely appreciative of those individuals who come forward with relevant information and USADA is following up on every lead it receives."

Jones has qualified only for the long jump at next month's Athens Olympics.

Citing investigators' memos, the Chronicle reported that Hunter gave a 2 1/2-hour interview to IRS investigators on June 8 in Raleigh, N.C., and had a follow-up call a week later.

During the interview, Hunter alleged that Jones had used banned substances before, during and after the Sydney Olympics.

"Hunter stated that he saw Jones inject herself with EPO," IRS agent Erwin Rogers wrote in one of the memos quoted by the Chronicle. "Jones would inject herself in the front waist line area slightly underneath the skin. ... Initially, Hunter injected Jones because Jones did not want to inject herself in this location."

Hunter said that Jones obtained performance-enhancing drugs from Conte and her then-coach Trevor Graham. Graham has denied every supplying an athlete with banned substances. Three of the sprinters Graham coaches Shawn Crawford, Justin Gatlin and LaTasha Colander qualified for the U.S. team in Athens and are considered medal contenders.

OG

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think he ratted her out, he would have no reason to, i think they made it up, but since she has been off, she failed to qualify in 3 out on 4 events

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    IMO she probably did.......If you think about it, its probably something she had done before, having been an olympic athlete for so long. The THG drug seemed fullproof, who would have known that an anonymous track coach would turn a sample of it in.......I bet she sure didn't. I bet she jumped at the opportunity to have some full proof way of giving her an edge over her competitors. I'm not being judgemental, I have no idea what kind of person she is ect, thats just my opinion. I bet she did it.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO she probably did. Just think about it. Her x husband got busted for steriods . Her x coach got busted for giving steroids and the guy she lives with now got busted for steriods....Hmmmmm....anyone else see a pattern here...?

OG

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    IMO she probably did.......If you think about it, its probably something she had done before, having been an olympic athlete for so long. The THG drug seemed fullproof, who would have known that an anonymous track coach would turn a sample of it in.......I bet she sure didn't. I bet she jumped at the opportunity to have some full proof way of giving her an edge over her competitors. I'm not being judgemental, I have no idea what kind of person she is ect, thats just my opinion. I bet she did it.
    they allegedly went back and resampled her blood and she tested positive for thg ,her and montgomery

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    You bet! SOUR GRAPES! Her ex-husband is giving her payback anyway he can.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    IMO she probably did. Just think about it. Her x husband got busted for steriods . Her x coach got busted for giving steroids and the guy she lives with now got busted for steriods....Hmmmmm....anyone else see a pattern here...?

OG
    LOL, and I believe she is the tooth fairy. She had a almighty will to just say NO!

she's going to be back peddling now.. Just watch as all the crap unravels.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    I think she def was....

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    here is my reasoning for why she didn't take thg. i read on another site that had a profile for thg that it is a undetectable version of fina. we all know that fina is pretty androgenic . women don't take drugs that are very androgenic (correct me if im wrong). she supposedly was taking the thg in 2000 before she got pregnant. if she was on some serious androgenic compounds wouldn't that hinder her from having a kid. Someone correct me if any of the information that stated is incorrect.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    her ex got suspended for steroids her new husband is in the middle of the balco situation maybe she is the one suppling them. anyone else see a pattern. she probabaly did it

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    her ex got suspended for steroids her new husband is in the middle of the balco situation maybe she is the one suppling them. anyone else see a pattern. she probabaly did it
    of course she used aas, now that she has been off, she cant even qualify on her events that she used to dominate

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    of course she used aas, now that she has been off, she cant even qualify on her events that she used to dominate
    That's what I'm saying. Has having a kid distroyed what ever chance she had of ever being competitive again? How much has her bone structure in her hips and thighs changed?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Of course she did along with 90% of all the top Track and Field Athletes...

Did you see Gail Devers at the trials winning last week at 37 in better

shape then just about all the 20 year olds??? They all do it in track IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Of course she did along with 90% of all the top Track and Field Athletes...

Did you see Gail Devers at the trials winning last week at 37 in better

shape then just about all the 20 year olds??? They all do it in track IMO...
    i would say 100% of every olympic track and field athlete is or has used aas,its part of the sport, just like bodybuilding, deny it all you want, i do

my coach just made the olympics in track and field. he is 28 years old and you can look at him and tell he doesn't use aas. he is 6'9 and 250 though and just has trained hard since he was in college. so there, not 100% are juicing in track. a lot are but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova33
    my coach just made the olympics in track and field. he is 28 years old and you can look at him and tell he doesn't use aas. he is 6'9 and 250 though and just has trained hard since he was in college. so there, not 100% are juicing in track. a lot are but not all.
    but if he would have used aas, he would have made the olympics when he was 18 not 28

he missed the olympics 4 years ago. he had a good throw going into the trials but didn't do good at the trials and missed the finals. he won a national title when he was 20. you might be right about that if he used aas when he was younger but he is not like that. he is the nicest guy ive ever known, we can't even get him to cuss or get mad (we've tried).

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    You bet! SOUR GRAPES! Her ex-husband is giving her payback anyway he can.
    Thats what i'm thinkin...

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    If she wasn't, she wasn't trying hard enough. I'd be disappointed to find out she was clean.

Thread Information