thetank is offline Anabolic Member

any of you guys ever been banned from a gym?

Ive had a number of problems at a number of gyms here in town...2 of which, i was actaully banned from.
    i was kicked out of gym one, for disturbing others with "my voilent screams and disrupting behavior."
    basically the same reason for gym 2, only that was just what sparked an argument with its owner. i was ultimately kicked out, for telling the guy and his wife too go **** themselves...why? this idiot, not only would train shirtless in his gym that demands "SHIRT MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES"(in bold letters on the wall), he had like 6 birds, and let the ****ing things fly around in the wieght room! thats right, ide go 2 unrack my wieght on squats, and a ****ing parrot would skim my shnoze..and he complained about the noise i made, and the chalk i left-on the bars-. ****ing bastard.
    anyway, im almost kicked out of the YMCA now, for the same reason
    (noise, chalk) and "profane/disrespectful language towards staff and fellow members." now, the story behind those..
    im doing my rep test with 315...and in the middle of my set, one of the trainers there(who i asked 2 spot me...and never made the mistake of doing again) grabs the bar then racks my wieght for me, and says "training to failure is catabolic." lets go over this, competitive record holding bench presser-skinny matching 2 piece track suit dawning "trainer". should I not have been pissed? ****ing right!
    "strike 2". im sitting on the incline bench, watching in awe as this couple viciously makes out in the middle of the wieght room. im talking viciously. like dry ****ing. i do my set. and get up 2 put my wieghts away, and get a drink, i come back 2 do my third set, and this bitch says "uhmm, you should really whipe down the bench when your done."...and points 2 the sign that lists the rules of "gym ettiquete"...i got in a shouting match with her, and because ive got previous complaints, i get my "final warning"..

is this not ****ed up?? I dont disrespect gym rules that make sense. I always put my wieghts away, I ask before jumping in somewere or taking a cable station to make sure no ones using it ect..I make quite a bit of noise when im squating/benching heavy...not because I want 2, because it happens...and yet, im running out of gyms that will allow me 2 train at.
    any of you guys ever run into problems with gym management over this kind of bull****/or actually been banned from a gym? "share your story.."

scottvette is offline New Member
    Sounds like you've got roid rage !! Just kidding!!! I think there just trying to make an example out of you. Alot people go to the gym so they can say I went and worked out today. 2 years later i seem the same people and they look exactly the same!!! What a joke. You need to find a hardcore gym with people likeyourself or try to get in the Y...thats where i go, maybe early as possible to avoid as many peeps as possible!

sd11 is offline Banned
    That bird **** just made my day LOL....
    Think you just need to calm down a little bro, strap on some headphones and just ignore everyone.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I was good friends with the management in my old gym so i never had a problem. Was a spit and sawdust place anyway, there were messagaes on the wall like in your gym but these said "put your weights away or ill drop them on your head". Then that closed and the new gym i joined was great but the staff were tossers. They wouldnt let you in without a towel. It was a half hour drive to the gym. I had been going there ages and eventually forgot my towel. Rather then just sneak in i walked up to the person at the desk they had near the entrance and told them i had forgotten my towel this once. I said id use my jumper as a substitute. They said that wasnt exceptable because it diddnt follow the rules. Ok i said, i looked behind the person and there was a box full of towels. I asked if i could borrow one of them. They said i couldnt but i could buy one from reception. So i walked off to reception and asked to buy a towel. They told me they diddnt sell towels so i walked back to the gym desk. The person very smugly said oh yeah that was before we renivated. Sorry but you cant come in. I was furious and started arguing with the person behind the desk. Lots of other customes were walking past without towels and not having any greif. Well i left seriously fuming. Drove home and got my towel and drove back. After my workout as i was leaving i saw them doing the exact same thing to a foreign guy who couldnt understand what they were saying. So i walked up to him, handed him my towel said something quite loud like here mate have mine were not all tossers here, so they could overhear and i walked out.

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    its really hard work training in a regular joes gym. you need the concrete undercroft with cobwebs and batterered gear... i have a bit of friction at the moment as i train at a gymthats adjacent to arunning track. the gym was set up for Rugby guys and so has two squat racks, lots of dumbells and three benchs. its wee but perfect. the problem is the local council want to increase the numbers and make it into an aero-puff gym full of lycra and jessies. i get told off routinely for grunting when i lift. but for me its the most natural thing when i lift a dead or dbbp, i always grunt when its heavy. i try to get along with the other folk but they always want to chat during lifts (WHICH I HATEHATEHATE).
    part of the problem is cos i am the local tattooer, people see me out and they want to talk shop. its really annoying and if i am working hard in the gym it puts me right off and i have to leave of my own accord. i am hoping one day to have my own space so i can build my own kit. the alternative is travel to the big toon and use the hardcore gyms up there. but being a muay thai fighter, i am not massive anyways and some of the chaps in the hardcore gyms sneer and scoff at me for not being big enough (until i lift respectably).

gym upsets during a workout cause me to have major spongoes and hairies. i dream of a a giant room filled with plates and bars and not moonfaced arseholes and lycra boys.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Selfcontrol, instead of telling people to "**** off" give them a look that says "**** off or ill brake your neck like a pencil". Then they wont bother you again.

You live in jersey right? Is the Diamond gym still there? I hear its a real hardcore gym. Or atleast find a gym with alot of powerlifters and competative bodybuilders, then atleast you wont hafto deal with the noise factor again.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    This is the exact reason I wear my iPod to the gym with the volume blasting full. When idiots come up to talk to me or ask me something I point to it and say I can't hear anything you're saying, and then ignore them.

I had the manager of a gym come up to me and tell me that some member claims that I yelled at him and kicked him in a fit of rage. I don't know where that came from. He pointed to the guy who said it and it was this 6', 130 pound skinny feminine gay guy. I said to the manager, "if I had kicked him, do you think he would be standing over there chit chatting with his girlfriends? He would be laying on the floor unconscious." The manager laughed, said sorry for interrupting my workout and walked away.

Yeah, I walk around the gym randomly kicking people. Roid rage is a bitch ain't it?

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I wish that my gym had a few more screaming beasts lurking! but as luck would have it there are more of those guys in matching sweat suits

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I'm not realy a noise maker when working out. A couple of my buddies are pretty noisy. I guess it helps them. Sometimes I think they are over doing it for attention but it does not bother me. I'm not saying you do it for attention. I'm saying I can see how people who do not and can not lift much would not understand the grunting. I believe the problem is the people in these gyms are not in your class and will never understand your drive.
    I would realy consider finding a hardcore gym. I believe this will suit you much more. I would think there should be a few in your area. Not many here but larger cities always have a few.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I never got booted out, but Ive gotten bitched at a few times for not reracking weights. I consider it a waste of energy

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Been kicked out of the goodlife. I challenged the management as to why ALL my buddies got away with bringing in guests for free, getting free tanning sessions and never paying movie late charges when i once brought a movie back late and they charged me $5. To me it was the principle.

I was told i had to apologize, nicely and mean it, if i wanted to keep working out there.. i don't workout there anymore.

Gyms cater to the BMW driving yuppies who buy the $8 shakes and pay through the ass for personal training.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    There are a few in mine I would like to get booted. There are four, skinny little, test overloaded, snot nosed, punks that will get in the Smith Machine and a flat bench. They hang out, bs and take forever and then get mad when someone asks to work in or tells them to shut up and finish so someone else can work in. One of them likes to do the "I can bench 335" routine and when the guys put money on it....oh I've already exhausted my chest so I can't do it now routine.

Blah Blah Blah.

Oh and the one that sits and grunts and growns with 35 lb dumbells on an incline chest and then drops them on the ground from about 2 feet. DUMBF*&k.

OH I feel better
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Well there was this one gym where they kicked me out for pulling down my shorts and taking a long and soft sh!t on the decline bench (no wait, that was just a leg day induced hallucination!)

Naaah never been banned... but since I do train in a "family" gym, I've been asked to "keep it down" a few times... I"m a bit of a grunter, seems it scares the little old ladies.

Red

LM1332 Guest
    four words World Gym Gold Gym

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    my buddy nearly got kicked out because he was told by the gym owner 'his headphones are too loud' and got into an arguement. give me a break. maybe you shouldnt play music that puts everyone to sleep then.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i kick out a couple people each year, its such a pain in the ass

worldknown is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    my buddy nearly got kicked out because he was told by the gym owner 'his headphones are too loud' and got into an arguement. give me a break. maybe you shouldnt play music that puts everyone to sleep then.
    no **** i work out at pure fitness and they ****ing polay enya - only one time, how the **** are you supposed to get enough energy from this song to lift some weights? Im gonna admit im not a heavy lifter at all, but i trya nd it sucks when they play pussy music. god and we have thea bsolute worst personal trainers, and the wrost part of all is the hot bitches walking around, that ruins my workouts becuase ic ant concentrate and only stare, especially when they are on that bend over ab machine jeezus the tyte asses i have seen on there have me stoked as to why i go to this gym.

betatest is offline Associate Member
    Never banned from a gym, but got a noise complaint notice from the downstairs neighbor, if that's worth anything.

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    Red mekin me laff

radar1234 is offline Member
    i lve in a small town. i moved from the city to work here for a year.the gym here is small but decent, and is mostly full of teenagers and old people.there are a couple guys who train but not that seriously.i lift pretty heavy and get alot of stares(benching 315 up here is quite a feat).one day the owner pulled me aside and told me that people are intimidated by me and suspect i am using steroids .i guess if you can lift more than 100 pounds you must be on roids!!! what a ******* joke!!he told me that if he finds out i use roids he would boot me out.what an iodiot.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I've never been banned, but I've gotten harassed a number of times. When I used to work out at the Y, there were some annoying teenage punks that eventually got to me, so I would call them names. Then the management put up a sign that you shouldn't use profanity to other members.

At my current gym I would get routinely told I couldn't use chalk, that it was against the rules, that I would have to clean the chalk up after I was done .... so eventually when they would tell me this, I said to the gym attendent, get your manager and have him tell me and then maybe I won't use chalk. The manager told me they don't allow chalk after I had been using chalk there for 6 years, so I told him he could come and tell me to not use chalk every time and that I would forget what he said right after. They haven't bothered me about that again.

They also told me that I was using too much weight and that I would have to work out at another gym because they were afraid I would hurt someone, the thing is I'm not THAT strong that anyone should be worrying about me. I had to go talk to the manager again, and explain how stupid the gym attendents were.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I got kicked out of this new place for grunting. It was my 1st time there. I was doing one arm db rows . Well I got up to the 80lbs so I made a little noise. No warning ,I thought they were joking. I said no problem I will respect your "no grunting policy" but they still booted me. Yea I was built but I am not huge, they wanted me not to intimidate the masses!! Heck I was only 170lbs...

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Bird story was ****ing hilarious. Just ignore em bro.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    I worked out at a small gym that was owned by a powerlifter so you it was like a dungen type of place. I loved that place!!! Could do whatever you wanted and he would just turn up the hardcore metal even louder in the speakers!! Now that was a place where champions are made. Not these health clubs for yuppies.

AnabolicAlien Guest

umm...

yeah...

True Story - i was banned for banging two of the female lifeguards. they hated me after that and fought with each other and me. i was asked to leave and was fine with it. this was after one of them got on a treadmill next to me and started calling me a "fcuking as shole".

i told those biatches i didn't want a relationship but they always seem to think they can pull it off.

A.A.

decadbal is offline Banned
    never been kicked out, been warned for being loud...

Thread Information