UnNaturalBuff is offline Member

hurt my shoulder- HELP

I don't know what to do. I was doin my bench on monday, and my partner was gone and like only one guy was there and he was benching 2 ten lb plates on each side, so I was like great, who's gonna spot me. I had 6 45lb plates in all and I asked the kid if he thought he could give me a spot so he said he'd try, wasn't too worried as long as he could give me a little help (I've had to roll sh*t off me before ), but he couldn't help me get it off the rack and I noticed a pain in my shoulder when I tried. Well then the next day I did back but my shoulder was still sore, then I did shoulders, military first it was ok, then lat raises and ouch, burned like hell, so I tried some fronts and burned even worse so I cut the workout short. Well I missed today (arms) because it feels like the pains spreading throught my whole **** arm instead of just my shoulder, and now I'm thinkin maybe I should just do my legs and call it good for the week and see how I feel on monday???

What do you bros think I should do?? I really hate missing anything
    Last edited by NaturalBuff; 08-21-2004 at 12:11 PM.

noone's got any advice? I've gotten pain like this before and pushed myself anyways, but never this bad.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    id wait a couple days to let it rest. you dont want to seriously injure it. missing a couple days is better then missing a couple weeks or maybe months. i get the same pain your describing when i bench heavy without warming up enough first. but it usually goes away in a couple days. hopfully yours is the same way. good luck.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive got the same situation, i dislocated and tore my rotator cuff from baseball, and also tore the ligament between my shoulder and collar bone all in my left shoulder. On a normal day when doing shoulders my left shoulder will feel like there is no blood circulating and end up having to take all the weight off it between sets. I occasinally get what you are getting right now, where the pain shoots down into your elbow then into your wrist. Right now i cant do lats or raise it above my head. Even though you dont notice swelling id say ice it several time after your workouts, only for 20misn though. You can also try putting some heat on it before your workouts, but id be careful, if its too much heat for too long it will damage it. Next thing is just using useng the rubber bands to do rotator cuff work.

It would help me better understand your injury if you could just move your arm around and tell me which positions and movements make the pain trigger.
    Last edited by Psychotron; 08-21-2004 at 12:24 PM.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm just surprised you can't unrack 315...

best of luck with the shoulder.

I can, but when I lifted the third set I noticed a slight pain, so I though some help lifting it would be good, but didn't happen. So then on the 4th and final set when I lifted it the pain got really sharp.

Thread Information