Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Talking Be happy you are who you are.....

/>
    I benched 10 x 155 today. Mind you, for most on AR that is a warmup set. But for me this is the accomplishement I have been waiting for, for a very long time.

Soon I will be able to get 2 wheels on a 1 rep max. Keep good thoughts for me guys and gals, I'm gonna try for it next Friday !

Just remember kids:

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."
    - Author Unknown

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Personal goals are what we all strive to beat. The real competition is within ourselves. Keep up the hard work man, we'll give you nothing but support.

Originally posted by broncojosh
    Personal goals are what we all strive to beat. The real competition is within ourselves. Keep up the hard work man, we'll give you nothing but support.
    Thanks brother, it means the world to me to have the support of y'all !

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Good job bro! Congratulations. You know you are expected to post the results after you lift it. You have to lift it, you know that right? We are all going to be watching the board waiting for the results. No pressure though, right?

Canes4Ever knows I owed him this after another comment he made just for me.

Originally posted by PTbyJason
    Good job bro! Congratulations. You know you are expected to post the results after you lift it. You have to lift it, you know that right? We are all going to be watching the board waiting for the results. No pressure though, right?

Canes4Ever knows I owed him this after another comment he made just for me.
    Hehehehe ! Yes Jason I owe it to ya ! But if I get it, you know what I expect, and pronto right?

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Canes, good job! We all started at some place and have built ourselves to wheree we are. Keep striving for those things that you want the most. We all know that you should enver care what one thinks, only what you think is what is important.

Good job once again and keep up the good work. Good luck on pressing those wheels!

Originally posted by Butch
    Canes, good job! We all started at some place and have built ourselves to wheree we are. Keep striving for those things that you want the most. We all know that you should enver care what one thinks, only what you think is what is important.

Good job once again and keep up the good work. Good luck on pressing those wheels!
    Thanks Butch, it's really appreciated brother !

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Hehehehe ! Yes Jason I owe it to ya ! But if I get it, you know what I expect, and pronto right?

Well I guess I set myself up for that one, didn't I? Ok, MAYBE if you lift it next Friday, I will try to get the chat up and running that weekend. I am not making any promises, but I will try my best.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    right on, keep it up
    many things in life are one day at a time , one foot in front of the other, in weight lifting its "5lbs at a time" and you will be there in no time at all bro . (we dont have any weight lower than 5lbs in my gym)

TheGame826 is offline Member
    congrats bro, i bet u feel like a million dollars today. heres my advice to you tho, if for some reason you dont get 225, dont get fustrated just stay focused with yourself and tell urself theres always next week.

ehh i remember when i got 225 up for the first time, ehh memories

Thumbs up

Originally posted by PTbyJason

Well I guess I set myself up for that one, didn't I? Ok, MAYBE if you lift it next Friday, I will try to get the chat up and running that weekend. I am not making any promises, but I will try my best.
    Ok Jason, I'll be good now and not bug you anymore. But I'm gettin' it now, I have the motivation !

Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    right on, keep it up
    many things in life are one day at a time , one foot in front of the other, in weight lifting its "5lbs at a time" and you will be there in no time at all bro . (we dont have any weight lower than 5lbs in my gym)
    Thanks DD !

Originally posted by TheGame826
    congrats bro, i bet u feel like a million dollars today. heres my advice to you tho, if for some reason you dont get 225, dont get fustrated just stay focused with yourself and tell urself theres always next week.

ehh i remember when i got 225 up for the first time, ehh memories
    Its appreciated Game ! I'm determined to do this. I can't let myself down this time!

BIGTEX is offline Associate Member
    Nice work Canes!! It always feels good when you reach a goal that you have worked hard for. Hell I have way more respect for you then I do for someone that is strong as hell but doesnt do crap! Im sure youll be passin most of us up in a couple years!! Good Luck with your max!
    Tex

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    - GAL -->

Originally posted by BIGTEX
    Nice work Canes!! It always feels good when you reach a goal that you have worked hard for. Hell I have way more respect for you then I do for someone that is strong as hell but doesnt do crap! Im sure youll be passin most of us up in a couple years!! Good Luck with your max!
    Tex
    Thanks Tex, I appreciate the support. I'm determined if anything.

Originally posted by Billy Boy
    I sure hope so Billy, thanks

I'm looking forward to getting that 215 lbs !

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    if there is one thing that really REALLY winds me up its when people make rude and nasty comments about the weights that someone pushes.

we are not in a race with each other

we are not in competition with each other unless we are on a stage in posing trunks

we dont have to compare our lifts with other peoples.

i think you are doing really well bro, and i know from your attitude you WILL make the next lift, and the one after that, and the one after that.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Be happy you are who you are.....

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Congratulations, Canes!

But just because you benched 155 ten times, it doesn't give you the right to push any Puerto Rican dude across the gym. Even if you do live in Miami.

Originally posted by Kaz
    if there is one thing that really REALLY winds me up its when people make rude and nasty comments about the weights that someone pushes.

we are not in a race with each other

we are not in competition with each other unless we are on a stage in posing trunks

we dont have to compare our lifts with other peoples.

i think you are doing really well bro, and i know from your attitude you WILL make the next lift, and the one after that, and the one after that.

Thanks Kaz, your a true brother !

Re: Re: Be happy you are who you are.....

Originally posted by TNT
    Congratulations, Canes!

But just because you benched 155 ten times, it doesn't give you the right to push any Puerto Rican dude across the gym. Even if you do live in Miami.

Thanks by the way TNT !

Re: YAHOOO!!!!

Originally posted by Diesel
    Way to go Canes. I want to hear about when those two wheels get cranked up.

You are making tremendous progress. Keep it going and down the road we will be talking about three wheels.
    Thanks Diesel ! Three ? Wow, I'm gonna try sometime....but brothers you'll have to clue me in on the secret elixers (i.e. AS) by that time to get to 3 wheels !

Can you imagine ME? Lifting 3 wheels? WOW !

canes just wondering, whats ur weight and how old are you

canes just wondering, whats ur weight and how old are you
    Game I am an old fart LOL (41 I'll be 42 in June) and only started lifting at 38 years old. Before that I had lifted only sparingly for like 4 months here (and quit) 6 months there (and quit again) a few times. Not enough to make a real difference in my body !

I am 6ft 2, and today weighed in at 224 lbs. I have about 20-25% bodyfat, maybe a little less as I haven't had any suger and have been following a heavy cardio program for the last 2 weeks. Maybe it's down a little. (at least I hope so !!)

I may have missed my genetic potential and have started the iron game late, but I am determined to do it this time, because I need to for myself (my health and my relationship).

There are a couple of pix of me in the members section if ya want to see what I look like. But a friendly warning.....make sure all women & children are out of the room before bringing those pix up ! They are not for the faint of heart ! LOL

just was wondering bro...

do us all a favor, and uself, and dont quit this time around, you said u may have missed ur genetic potential, well just remember better late then never.

just was wondering bro...

do us all a favor, and uself, and dont quit this time around, you said u may have missed ur genetic potential, well just remember better late then never.
    I plan to never quit brother, I love it now. I have reasons to stay in the gym and this time I am not overtraining which was a big problem with me berfore. I would do these marathon 3 hour workouts with like 20 sets per exerzise and then wonder why I felt worse than when I wasn't lifting!!!

I met some great people about 2½ years ago on the UseNet forum of misc.fitness.weights, and they got me to stop overtraining and lift soundly and get a firm base in lifting...(i.e. lots of compound movements) and I became addicted when I started to see some changes in the body.

Hey I may never look like you guys do here on the board but I'm trying and that is the main thing !

Apoc is offline New Member
    Cane, getting 225 was huge for me too i just ressently got to it about 2 weeks ago it felt great

Originally posted by Apoc
    Cane, getting 225 was huge for me too i just ressently got to it about 2 weeks ago it felt great
    Hehehe ! Apoc thanks and welcome to the board by the way.....but my 224 was a DOWN not UP weight LOL ! I was 230 and fat and am 224 and STILL fat !

I probably need to go down to 210 to start looking decent. Thanks for the feedback though and again welcome to AR community brother ! Lift heavy and hard !

hey canes, have bodys obviously done growing and everything, have you ever considered some fat burners, and after a couple more years of experience some a.s.

hey canes, have bodys obviously done growing and everything, have you ever considered some fat burners, and after a couple more years of experience some a.s.
    Thanks The Game, but unfortunately I am an anxiety & panic attack sufferer. I cannot have any stimulants at all.

No Caffiene. No mua haung. No Tribulus. No xenadrine....etc.

I have to do it on my own. Yes it's going to be tougher but I am not capable of taking anything that stimulates my nerves.

That's why giving up suger is not as difficult as with many folks. I don't drink soft drinks as it is already, so the only thing I had to give up was Iced Tea (which I didn't drink all that much because of it having a small amount of caffiene already).

well good luck bro

well good luck bro
    Thanks Brother !

Thread Information