saboudian is offline Senior Member

Translate This Chinese Word "meinv"

Hey, there is this one chinese chick that i work in the lab with, and sometimes i hear her say this word, but she won't tell me the english version, I think its like her nickname or something. I tried some online translators, but they didn't work. If all else fails, i'll just find some random asian person and ask them. Anyways the word is 'meinv', its hard to say but it sorta sounds like "mine nyoo". Thats about the best I can do typing, heck i'm not even sure on the pronunciation. Anyways there's gotta be someone chinese on the board i figured

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    poon

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i knew a site that would translate everything but i cant remeber wut it was, ill try to dig it up for u.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    ahh i can prolly find out becuase i have a chinese friend but i dont know if he will be online tonight..

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Im a chinese linguist and what you typed "meinv" is not pinyin for a chinese character. (pinyin is our english spellings/pronunciation if you will of characters"

BUT, i think the "V" should be a :"U" and you would have the pinyin "meinu" Which would be pronounced may-nyoo which mei means pretty or beautiful and nu is the word for female. so she's probably calling herself beautiful girl.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    Im a chinese linguist and what you typed "meinv" is not pinyin for a chinese character. (pinyin is our english spellings/pronunciation if you will of characters"

BUT, i think the "V" should be a :"U" and you would have the pinyin "meinu" Which would be pronounced may-nyoo which mei means pretty or beautiful and nu is the word for female. so she's probably calling herself beautiful girl.
    I think that is exactly what it means, all of a sudden there are a lot of things that make sense now. I actually did ask a couple random chinese ppl what it meant and they didn't know, but I definitely think that is the correct translation. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to become fluent in Chinese? I have thought a lil bit about picking it up for awhile.

Hey, can u spell out phonetically in chinese "crazy girl" ?
    Last edited by saboudian; 11-20-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Thread Information