skinnyhb is offline Member

Attn: Commando Barbi (a P.O. question with integrity)

as far as college degrees go for getting into law enforcement, what do you recommend? obviously, criminal justice/administration of justice, but since at UCSB they don't offer any crim justice programs, im thinking of majoring in law and society. i'm fairly sure that there isn't any specific major that has to be achieved, but i want to get some input on how law and society would apply. an ex gf's dad is a sergeant in major department in socal and providing that i continue to want to get into law enforcement i will definately be talking with him, but i thought i would just run it by you and the people on this board first.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    My degree is in Criminal Justice...I am not sure if there are other's that they would prefer. I'm sure Basket weaving isn't one of them. My PD didn't even require a full degree....but a minimum of hours...A degree was worth a pay increase however.

Check out www.officer.com forum. There's a lot of very knowledgeable LEO's on there that can help you out.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Most i know of get a criminal justice degree. I think some will accept with most two year degrees though. Good luck bro in whatever you decide to do.

thanks for your help. the law and society degree is a 4 year degree. it used to have an emphasis in criminal justice, but they halted that for some reason. ill check out that forum. thanks again.

Any thing I can do to help
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Matrix78 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Any thing I can do to help
    you can tell my County Prison's HR to get there butts moving haha the county takes so long to process applications i'm 95% done all i need is my interview to get my deputy position

actually, after reading some of the posts on that site, a lot of the members dont recommend and almost seem to discourage a criminal justice degree. a lot of them say that it doesn't really matter and that a major in criminal justice kind of limits what you can do outside of becoming a law enforcement officer. interesting.

I did notice that. CJ is my passion and something I've really enjoyed. But for me, whatever job I hold when I retire in the future, will only suppliment my retirement income. Im not looking for a second "career"......just to keep busy and enjoy doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix78
    you can tell my County Prison's HR to get there butts moving haha the county takes so long to process applications i'm 95% done all i need is my interview to get my deputy position
    I'll get right on it.

PizdetS is offline New Member
    can you get with your Computer /Business degree into being a police officer or do u still have to take criminal justice courses?

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I know of a lot of guys who have majored in Sociology and that is a little broader than CJ. Some guys even major in business and have ended up opening their own restaurant/bar on the side. Some have majored in accounting and gone on to work for the federal government. It all depends on what you want to do. I majored in CJ....

Thread Information