Thread: football

decadbal is offline Banned

football

i just watched friday night lights.. i swear its the best movie ive seen about ball. how many of you bros that played would give up so much to get to play again. out of all the sports ive played baseball, wrestling and football, it taught me the most. it made me competitive, showed my to view ppl as ppl, ignore race and religion, it taught me how to play hurt, sick, tired and when everyone else would quit, that its better to fight on and play thru it. it kept me from drinkin or doing drugs in school, kept my focus and me away from gettin into trouble. it made friends ill have the rest of my life, guys that i get so excited when i see now, bc i hvant seen them in forever, guys i love like brothers, bc we are. i owe so much of my life, and who i am to football, and i just wanted to share some with u guys. i know alot of you didnt play and might not understand, or hopefully you do. i miss playin so much that its painful to watch. i havnt been to many games at my HS since i grad, bc its so hard, and i was lucky enough to play a little college ball, nothing major at a major school, but enough to where the last game i played wasnt in the 3rd round of the state playoffs losing to a team we already beat that year. i played with a great group of fellas, who ambition and ability made us the best team to ever be at my HS, and the best team in the state of NC when i was a senior. im really lucky to have gotten to play, i played ball since i was 6 and wish i was lucky enough to have had the talent to go pro, not for money or fame, but just to play the game.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    That and hockey I miss daily............

i think about it all the time. pretty much every other sport you can play pickup games. but, theres really nothing like suiting up and playing real organized football.

Ah man.......To play again I'd give both my nuts..... Your right the bro's I played, sweated, and bled with are still my best buddies. I too feel that I am who I am because of the game... I am fortunate enough to coach the game at the Local High School which is a rush.......There is nothing like it. The intensity is sooooo addicting.
    I too learned to play through pain, sickness, broken bones, etc... To this day I do not miss work unless I'm half dead....SUCK IT UP.....4th Quarter..........You know what I mean if you played........
    Thanks for the reminder of the great times and of who and what I am......One of the
    things I love about this board.
    Last night my son told me he wanted to play.....I promised I would never force the game on him, he is one of the fastest kids in our area and he wants to play for me.
    You can't imagine how stoked I was.....It will be the start of the road on making him a
    good man hopefully.......

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa Pump
    i think about it all the time. pretty much every other sport you can play pickup games. but, theres really nothing like suiting up and playing real organized football.
    True... we don't have the support you guys have for the game up here... but I loved playing in HS.... best time in the world.. fond memories...

Thread Information