Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i dont like the class system on a board, bc really, none of the mods or vets are any better than anyone else..
    They may not be "better", but they are certainly more knowledgeable in certain areas, hence the "promotion" and recognition they get from such a title.

~SC~

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    They may not be "better", but they are certainly more knowledgeable in certain areas, hence the "promotion" and recognition they get from such a title.

~SC~

I agree. I think the vets and mods on this board are some very deserving members. Are there some more knowledgable than others? Hell yes but they all have their strongpoints. MBH=Steroid Pics, SC=Diet, Billy/Vette/Harvey=Lab, PLJ=Powerlifting, MikeXXL/Silverfox=Competition, the list goes on. Are there members that would be suited to be vets and mods? Of course but what difference does it make really? Hell I think SV-1, AM, and KOM have helped the lab out as much if not more than any other Mod/Vet, but I havent ever seen them complain about being "shafted" of such a title.

system admin is offline Owner
    The purpose of not counting posts in the lounge is not to stop the useless posts, which I find entertaining 90% of the time. Creating a thread to just up post count is sensless though ( IMO ) Taking post count out of it will not make it any less of a place to hang with the people you have grown to like and respect. Mainly, it is to have a little better feel for who is active in the areas that this board and website was created in. Post it up in the lounge! I love it!

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    I think it's a good idea. I've noticed that some people use the lounge to get their post count way up in order to get more credibility in the other forums.

"Hey newbie, I know what I'm talking about, I've got XXXX posts." Yeah, but 95% of those are you bullsh*ting in the lounge.

Not that there's anything wrong with hanging in the lounge, but some newbies equate post count with knowledge/wisdom, and that can lead to trouble.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i say leave it like this. no big deal.

you do? you would have like no more than 50 posts if it werent for the useless gargabe you blab obout in this lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    I like it.
    Last edited by trailrider38; 01-23-2005 at 02:10 PM.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Don't think it makes a difference, except it's change, and I have to adapt to new stuff everyday. I come here to relax and look at silly light hearted stuff. Why change something as simple as this
    As for experience, I've taken as for the past 6 years, tried about everything, managed a health club for 5 years, owned a tanning salon for 6 years. There is still things I learn everyday.
    As for counts, you can see it's under 100, but I have view this site for a couple of years. As for the " it doesn't matter" , who cares, well it gives people something something to do, what's wrong with that

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    you do? you would have like no more than 50 posts if it werent for the useless gargabe you blab obout in this lounge.
    lighten up bro....

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    What is the big thing about post count anyway? Seriously?

Bc
    couldn't tell ya ... dont worry everyone will get over it. **** happens

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    What is the big thing about post count anyway? Seriously?

Bc
    exactly.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Newbs sadly look at post count.... so if someone gives conflicting info they tent to go with the guy that has more posts.... plus is like a status thing. Look at swole, he makes a new thread everytime his goes up a G....

I think this is a great idea!

radar1234 is offline Member
    if post counts mean so much to people i just hope that alot of the mindless garbage that goes on in the lounge wont flood to the other forums.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Well.. If post counts are not a concern to anyone why Don't we all get reset to 0?? or how about post counts becoming non-existent?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Well.. If post counts are not a concern to anyone why Don't we all get reset to 0?? or how about post counts becoming non-existent?

thats a bright idea

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    if he siad he likes it he obviously wouldnt mind being down to 50 posts if he had 2.. if you want to get rid of post counts all together its fine with me.. if you wanna delete just lounge counts so be it.. this shouldnt effect anyone on the board... the same people that always posted that post counts mean nothing are now the ones bitching about it..Who cares..

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    That'd be fine by me, I could care ****in less.

decadbal is offline Banned
    bc i doubt everyone would drop to 0, great idea tho, i dont understand the need to change something that hasnt been a problem for 4 years.. but what do i know..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    bc i doubt everyone would drop to 0, great idea tho, i dont understand the need to change something that hasnt been a problem for 4 years.. but what do i know..lol
    Be quiet whore. lol

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Let me step in on this since I will admit I was the one who suggested it to sys admin.

I got the idea from another board I'm a part of (nothing to do with AS).

Anyways, what is the main point of this board? Weight training and how to use steroids in a manner to benefit oneself physique.

The lounge on the other hand, is a place where people can get away and talk about off-topic information - things that have nothing to do with the purpose of the board. While pretty much anything goes in there, there isn't much information exchanged that benefit the purpose of the board.

The other forum's is where the information exchange takes place - that is where your knowledge is gained and seen.

It was my idea, so if you want to hate someone, hate me

As sys admin asked earlier - what's the big deal with post count anyways ?? Does it define your status here ? Does it mean you know your stuff about juice ?

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    It was my idea, so if you want to hate someone, hate me ?
    how could i hate you, your carrying my baby..

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    thats a bright idea
    First one of the year lol

Let me step in on this since I will admit I was the one who suggested it to sys admin.

Anyways, what is the main point of this board? Weight training and how to use steroids in a manner to benefit oneself physique.

The lounge on the other hand, is a place where people can get away and talk about off-topic information - things that have nothing to do with the purpose of the board. While pretty much anything goes in there, there isn't much information exchanged that benefit the purpose of the board.

The other forum's is where the information exchange takes place - that is where your knowledge is gained and seen.

As sys admin asked earlier - what's the big deal with post count anyways ?? Does it define your status here ? Does it mean you know your stuff about juice ?
    I dont think anyone hates anyone over this.. I just don't see the need to take it away.. Perhaps Delete the useless post whore threads cough aka "Official thread about nothing" etc...as you asked does post count define your status or know about juice!? Well then why bother with post count at all ? I dunno your the head guys what you say is what goes, no worries either way

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive

you are 100% right, ive been wondering why they counted lounge posts since day 1..ya id lose quite a few myself, but it would give everyone a more accurate idea of who is knowledgable..

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    What people are failing to mention is how this board had no post counts for the longest time with no problems. Sure it was about 10% of the size it is now but it was so much more full of knowledge and less bullsh*t at the time. You didnt have to sift through 100 useless posts to find a meaningful one when trying to learn, unlike you do now.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Me personally I don't care.I didn't come over to AR and hang around the lounge to up my post count I came over here to shoot the breeze and to BS/joke around.I couldn't care less if my posts were 2 or 2000 I hang around here to relax and have fun.After a long day at work and being serious on other boards it's a nice change to come over here to the lounge and just have fun post count or no post count.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    After a long day at work and being serious on other boards it's a nice change to come over here to the lounge and just have fun post count or no post count.
    hahaha yeah right...serious...hahahaha

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    i just hope that alot of the mindless garbage that goes on in the lounge wont flood to the other forums.
    My concerns too bro. Well said.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    hahaha yeah right...serious...hahahaha
    Shut up flecher lover

This is something that should have been done awhile back. No offense to anyone but you have guys cracking 3000+ in 4 or 5 months. I'll be the first to say it ,but I don't care.

Post count does matter to a lot of people. This is a steroid /training/diet forum. Not a "whos got the biggest internet cock battle" forum. When new members are going to look up to people,it's all they have to go by.

If you reset the posts everyone has here and just gave "credit" for quality posts the amount of time would be 10x greater then what it was for them to achieve their count.

Post count only matters to "newbies" and people that believe their "status" is due to their post count. There is always some newbie somewhere on here that needs something thats been repeated a million times... If post count means that much to someone, instead of just ignoring their post,maybe they could help them instead of jumping on them and laughing at them.

Even if a rep system was possible it would become more of a buddy system then a good way of seeking someone with solid advice. Member X could make a post and is friends with everyone so he would get such and such rep points. Compared to member z who would make the same post yet get nothing out of it.

If anything it will entice some people that live in the lounge to come help a few people out...If not,then the people asking for help are better off without their advice.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Great idea, too bad it's not retroactive...or is it?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    . Look at swole, he makes a new thread everytime his goes up a G....
    Right you are, but don't get it f*cked up and twisted. If you look at what ACCOUNTS for each 1000 post jump, you'll find a LOT of helpful offerings. Your statement makes it sound as if I'm a Lounge whore like many who do nothing but stay in this forum.

I'm in the workout forum, diet forum, do my own write-ups to help people freely, etc. I post in the Lounge, yes, but you will see my post count continue to rise with HELPFUL/PURPOSEFUL posts even when posts such as this don't count.

So yes, each time I hit a new G mark, I let it be known. I'll be announcing 10 G's soon enough, so make sure you buy me a present.

Besides, post count and myself mean nothing. People recognize the name "SWOLECAT", and that's all that need be said, F post count.

~SC~

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I think it is pretty lame that this was even brought up. This is not a private board and it IS marketed for the masses, if someone doesn't like it there are some small hardcore boards that run like a funeral wake to go join. I am a mamber of a couple, I always feel like I am intruding in peoples "private" time when I visit.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I think it is pretty lame that this was even brought up. This is not a private board and it IS marketed for the masses, if someone doesn't like it there are some small hardcore boards that run like a funeral wake to go join. I am a mamber of a couple, I always feel like I am intruding in peoples "private" time when I visit.

Cram it LMO..........did I hit home with you or something? This was not directed towards AM btw.

Peanut Butter is offline Associate Member
    Cram it LMO..........
    LMAO!!!!! He said cram it. Greg Brady in the house!!!!!

PB........... go back and crawl under your rock, chain smoking ghetto prick.

Peanut Butter is offline Associate Member
    PB........... go back and crawl under your rock, chain smoking ghetto prick.
    Who told you I was smoking? Was it Alice? You shouldn't insult people. It's not groovy. It will give you bad kharma and you won't have a hit gold record.

I know it's you Loz............pretty transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Butter
    LMAO!!!!! He said cram it. Greg Brady in the house!!!!!
    greg brady..,thats the best flame on this baord so far..hahahaha, i think post counts should be doubled for those of us who come here to entertain, bc really, how much can you read about diet, aas and workouts before u read it all and before you say hey, im done there.. they come back for ME.. i put the asses in the seats.. i want a paygrade elevation

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    When I first came here all I had to rely on was post count as far as who's advice I trusted. I quickly realized that this was no measure of someones experience or knowledge. Their are still alot of guys (an girls) here that I don't know too well and haven't seen a lot of posts by; for these people I tend to look at the relationship between how long they have been here and their post count. I am more likely to trust someone who has been here for 2 years and has 2k posts than someone who has been here 6 months and has 4k post. I think it's a better measure of how much helpful information vs. bull-loz someone has posted.

As far as a rep system, I don't think it could work. You would have people like the AEU and Elitist building up each others rep and ganging up on others tearing theirs down. Too much clique-ing going on here sometimes.

JMHO

MT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information