0 0%
  • Yamaha: FZ1

1 1.82%
  • Suzuki: Bandit 1200

1 1.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LORDBLiTZ Guest
    No other 1000 has the power of the ZX-10R. The Canadian version is rated at 170 HP and the American is 162. You Americans have tough smog laws.

With a port and pollished head, muzzy header, and a new fuel map chip. A shop here dyno'd one at 196 HP. You cannot fuk with kawasaki this year! They did their homework!

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    OH, and to all the R1 Yamaha fans out there. You wanna trust your life to the same people that make pianos and guitars?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    No other 1000 has the power of the ZX-10R. The Canadian version is rated at 170 HP and the American is 162. You Americans have tough smog laws.

With a port and pollished head, muzzy header, and a new fuel map chip. A shop here dyno'd one at 196 HP. You cannot fuk with kawasaki this year! They did their homework!
    Dude the 2005 R1 is 180 hp isnt it?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength

LOL, it's rated at 153 HP.

mitch428cj is offline Member
    I heard the R1 was at 180 too , but these numbers usually arent spot on and neither is the dry weight sometimes , also they could be talking about horsepower at the crank and not at the rear wheel . maybe ill be able to find a stock dyno run of the 05 bikes somewhere , although mine will not be stock for very long no matter which one i get

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    The hayabusa is rated at 180. R1?? Um... NO.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    that really depends on your riding style- fast and straight or nice and curvy
    the kawis have been lacking up till last year to present- havent rode any of them
    honda street bikes have always felt flemsy (SP) to me- like cheap plastic
    i have an 01 R1 that i love riding- its not the fastest thing out- but its fun to play on...
    if you want something serious get the gixer- its an absolute blast to ride- and it handles just as well on one wheel than 2...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me pic a new bike-picture-003.jpg  

Yea kawasaki went all out on the ZX10 using a Gixxer for target practice when making it too

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength

I take that back. On their site it says 180 hp. I have a real hard time believing that though. The hayabusa is rated at 180 HP as well. The busa is also much heaver than the R1. And the busa would eat the R1 for lunch.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I take that back. On their site it says 180 hp. I have a real hard time believing that though. The hayabusa is rated at 180 HP as well. The busa is also much heaver than the R1. And the busa would eat the R1 for lunch.
    There was a day when the busa would smoke an R1, but not anymore bro. The Busa's still run 10+ second quarters while the R1 and the ZX-10 are running around 9.3.

The 180 HP rating comes from forced air induction that kicks in at higher speeds.

Anyway man, buy the bike that you like. Get on them and sit. Look at them. Fuk everything else. If you are worried about 5 HP or .01 seconds on the track then you must be a professional racer, so just have your sponsors buy you one of each.

Like I said, I have an 04' R1 and it's un-godly fast. I raced a modified 01 Busa and got him by about 15 feet in the 1/4. I will admit that the guy weighed more than me, but he also had his bike lower, stretched, and remapped. Dunno bro, I love the R1 but I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of them

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    There was a day when the busa would smoke an R1, but not anymore bro. The Busa's still run 10+ second quarters while the R1 and the ZX-10 are running around 9.3.

The 180 HP rating comes from forced air induction that kicks in at higher speeds.

Anyway man, buy the bike that you like. Get on them and sit. Look at them. Fuk everything else. If you are worried about 5 HP or .01 seconds on the track then you must be a professional racer, so just have your sponsors buy you one of each.

Like I said, I have an 04' R1 and it's un-godly fast. I raced a modified 01 Busa and got him by about 15 feet in the 1/4. I will admit that the guy weighed more than me, but he also had his bike lower, stretched, and remapped. Dunno bro, I love the R1 but I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of them
    Exactly

Finally my computer is fixed its been messed up for like the last week something about a dll. error . By the way i got the R1 and d*mn its fast .

Quote Originally Posted by mitch428cj
    Finally my computer is fixed its been messed up for like the last week something about a dll. error . By the way i got the R1 and d*mn its fast .
    Heyyyy did I mention that you a gay ****ing faggot what year did you get? you have nooo idea how jelous I am

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    I would DEFINITELY go with the gixxer bro. You won't be disappointed. It is an awesome bike and you can tear it up on the roads with it....just be safe.

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Intensity
    how bout a nice italian ducati 999R now thats a bike or their monster bikes

DUCATI hands down is the best. Ducati has won the world superbike chanpionship for the last 5 years in a row. There is no comparison. I race my 2000 996. I dare anyone with anyother bike to bring it on at the race track. hahaha. Just my .02 But for tricks any crotch rocket is fine. Nothing does a stand up better than a gsxxxxr.

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    Love the avatar getpumped I wish my lady looked that good.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati996
    So does he ..... on another note I hate everyone who has a bike and can't wait until I am done school .. Yea my friend let me take his Cat out...sooo Nice man love the way they sound to. so unique!! I would think that Apilla is catching up to ducati though

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I love cafe' style racers. I have to go with the bandit. Its for badboys.

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati996
    Like needmorestrength said, so do I! Too bad she aint my gf. She has a set of pics somewhere floatng around. I have to admit she has the best azz ever seen on a chcik hands down.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    R1 in yamaha blue... pimp

dymbag is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch428cj
    Ive been riding for awhile and i know these things put out some major HP . My first bike was a dirtbike years ago that i still have a 500cc 2 stroke CR500R at that

bad ass bike man! i have a 03 cr250r &03 954rr. always been a honda fan . buy what i want **** someone elses wet dreams

jlm52670 is offline Female Member
    Here are some things...
    FUEL ECONOMY-36.6 mpg (Yamaha) 38.9 mpg (Honda) 39.4 mpg (kawasaki)
    MEASURED WET WEIGHT- 418 lbs.(Y) 433 lbs.(H) 403 lbs. (K)
    MEASURED HORSEPOWER -149.6 Hp @ 12,700 rpm (Y)147.87 Hp @11,200 rpm(H) 155.6 Hp @ 11,800 rpm (K)
    MEASURED TORQUE - 71.13 ft/lbs @ 10,000 rpm (Y) 76.1 ft/lbs @ 8,600 rpm(H) 77.14 ft/lbs @ 9,700 rpm (K)
    personally, I would go with the Kawasaki

spkmania is offline Associate Member

Angelis is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Intensity
    how bout a nice italian ducati 999R now thats a bike or their monster bikes
    I have to agree with FI here, I love Ducati's and the 999 is good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information