Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    geoneo is offline Associate Member
    the husband loves his wife, why should he continue to suffer to see his wife as a veg, if it was my choice and i was in her position hell yeah kill me, i would want my family to move on then rather come see me as a veg in the hospital. I dont now much of her story but if she's not on a respirator, the only thing alive in her is her breathing center, she is already practically dead. The first choice should be hers, if she left a will, the second choice should be the husbands, regardless of how we personally feel about it, we are notl her husband and we should have no say in the matter.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I couldn't do it. Everyone talks like that until they are faced with death. Then they don't want to die. I had a friend that jumped off the Delaware Memorial Bridge and lived. He was one of only 3 people that had lived out of 100's that jumped. He said the first thought in his head once his feet left the bridge was he didn't want to die.
    its a fact i remeber reading that almost every person that jumps of a building or bridge when 1/3 way down change their mind about it. <- anybody else hear this, or is this just bull****

I have heard this as well. Almost all of the ones that live from a jump say that as soon as they jumped that they wanted to live........

Coincidence or NOT???? Survival is one of our most basic instincts....

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I would honestly give her an overdose of morphine or something so she wouldnt feel anything.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I wouldn't want to be in the condition that woman is in. Also, she told her husband before this even happened that she would not want to be hooked up to any type of life support. So I hope she gets her wish and rest in peace because her and the husband derserve it. Why would anyone be so selfish and let another human have to live thier life that way when it wasn't what they wanted in the first place?
    def agree with ya

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    i agree to, but would you want to starve to death

no that is why I am for Euthanasia.

yeah they could do it alot better, and didn't Dr. kavorkian go to jail for doing this and now all of a sudden it is okay.

I thought he went to jail because he was killing who ever paid him, some of the people weren't sick they were just old or wanted help killing themselves.

Yeah he probably was, but where will they go next if they let this happen, how many people will now try to do things like this, but i do think his were mostly terminally ill people, but not sure about all of them.
    Last edited by MILPOLDAN1; 03-20-2005 at 02:45 AM.

Angelis is offline Banned
    I dont think I would be able to do it even if she asked me too... I would be worried if I tell them to pull the plug then tommorow they find the cure and I spend the rest of my life beating myself over it. Besides it would be the woman I agreed to spend the rest of my life with for better or for worse.

well if he doesn't want to deal with her anymore, because thats what i think it is, then they should let him divorce her, and give her to her parents, they should be the overall authority anyway.

he wants to give her what she wanted and had talked about. Nobodys parents know them as well as their spouse does(yes their are a few exceptions). her parents are being selfish and don't care about her suffering they just want to be able to visit her when they want and to keep her alive like a pet.

yeah you are probably right, but how do we know she told him that, because he says so or does he have a witness.

they went through years of court cases and finally a judge said it was ok to remove her feeding tube. so their must have been witnesses to convince a judge.

i think i heard his family was his witness, but doesn't seem credibal to me but not sure, and there are better ways to do it than starving her.

i agree, but it would not be legal to kill her with drugs ect. they have to "let her expire"

and dont forget this has been going on for 15 years. its not like its been a year and her wants to leave her

kinda harsh way to expire, i could see if she was on a resperator and they took her off, but we are talking no food that could take several days.

i guess i would want my wife to do the sme for me, but with drugs. Maybe i should put that in my last will and testament

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    i wouldnt want to be fed through a tube and be a burden on my family for 15 years....i would want them to pull the plug after that long of a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information