PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

Green Day Heals!

GD is my fav band. Thought this was cool.

Healing Green Day
    Date: 2005-03-10

A schoolboy was woken from a coma when he heard a track by his favourite rock band, reports Punkbands. Music fan Corey George was unconscious for two weeks on a life support machine after being knocked down by a car on his ninth birthday. Then his mother Tina played him a CD by his favourite punk-pop band, Green Day.

Less than an hour after hearing the album, American Idiot, he had opened his eyes and was able to move his fingers and toes. Four days later Corey, from the village of Aberaman in Aberdare, south Wales, was well enough to be moved out of intensive care and into a high-dependency unit.

The American band is currently touring in Japan, but band members have sent a get well message and have arranged for a pack of Green Day merchandise, including CDs and t-shirts, to be delivered. "The boys are incredibly pleased that one of their tracks has brought Corey out of his coma," said a spokeswoman. "They hope he continues with his recovery and makes a full return to health."

His father Martyn, mother Tina, 32, stepfather Darran Jones, 36, and other members of the family, kept a bedside vigil. Grandmother Janet George spoke of their relief when Corey came round on Sunday. "Corey got the CD as a birthday present," she said. "He isn't talking yet or anything but he's off the critical list, that's the main thing."

Scores of cards and dozens of balloons and gifts have been sent to the hospital for Corey. The rugby-loving youngster plays for the Aberaman club's mini team and all his team mates and coaches have sent get well wishes.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    dude that is awesome. I'm rockin Green Day right now. I wonder if it would help in recovery from leg day?

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I never thought of that? Lemme know how it works out for ya

American Idiot is such a great album on so many levels. Unbelievable sound and so much more refined than in the days of Dookie. If you haven't heart GD-AI....go get it.

b0mshell2286 is offline New Member
    One of their best CDs by far. They're sound is becoming more mature as the years progress.

Thread Information