Thread: Houston Tx

Wrath is offline Associate Member

Houston Tx

I just moved to houston for grad school...and hate my schools gym. I worked out at La fitness and just sent my cancellation forms so I have until April to use LaFitness' here in Houston. It is a 35-45 minute commute to the closest one from me. Can anyone reccomend a good gym that is near the medical center area-reliant/astrodome? I see all these 24-hour fitness but I was trying to stay away from them huge corporate gyms...and the one near my place didn't have heavy enough dumbells.

Side question....are alot of you guys on facebook? Any htown folk get at me!!!!!!!!!

peace

Jenna is offline Female Member
    There are NO LA Fitness's around here at all..... 24 Hour Fitness and Bally's are about it, other than your mom and pop gyms..

<<<< JENNA >>>>

chest6 is offline Banned
    I hate these gyms with dumbells up to 100..like mine..dammit. Ya im on facebook

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Some 24hr's have 150lb dumbbells and most other 125's. Not sure why you don't want a membership at a bigger gym where you can use any facility.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I just have my friend balance 25lb plates on top of the dumbell..creative huh? Asking for an injury tho..

LOL, just get the spotter to apply pressure against your movement genius hahahaha, poor chest.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Heyyyyy then I don't know how much weight it is..and what if he has a dominant right hand? I'd have one big right pec

lol, you crack me up. Only other suggestion would to quit working out and the YMCA and go to a gym that has some heavier dumbbells.

chest6 is offline Banned
    its the university gym..little juicing (for spring break purposes) frat guys cant even go past the 100lb dumbells. Im in the minority for sure. Parents basically disapprove of my bb lifestyle, so gym membership $ aint an option. Recently I've really thought about gettin a job. I mean hell-I spend enuf time here might as wel do something productive and get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Some 24hr's have 150lb dumbbells and most other 125's. Not sure why you don't want a membership at a bigger gym where you can use any facility.

I dunno...I just ain't like the rep at the the 24Hour fitness I went to. I hate businesses that act like you need them more than they need you...and that was the vibe I got from the guy showing me around.

I was asking him basic questions...nothing overly anal, just shit like i wanted to see the smith machine cause I do shrugs on it and hate a certain type that makes it akward...and i wanted to see the adjustable bench, cause I hate when they have loose bolts and are wobbly for incline dumbbells press....shit maybe I am analllllllllllll lol But if I am paying 45 bucks a month, I want nice sturdy equipment!

Back in atlanta i used to have to go to LaFitness for bench, my school Emory Univ for arms cause they had a dope skullcrusher bar, and then do my legs at my jobs gym cause they had squat rack that had the perfect pin setting for my height lol.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    24 hour fitness is your gym. hit it up. there's tons around so find one that you like. post oak has a super sport, but not sure of the differences. mine (atascocita) went up to 130 in dumbbells

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Actually LA Fitness has 7 gyms in the greater Houston area > http://www.lafitness.com/app/club/club_by_state I personally work out at 24 hour because they have gyms on every corner and I can catch a workout no matter where I'm at. Most of the newer ones go up to 150lb dumbells. Older ones usually go up to about 110-120.

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    I work out at 24 hours fitness.
    They got them all over.
    The "quality" varies to look around.
    My gym got dumbells up to 130.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    chest just apply resistant bands around the DB's and strap them to 95lb db's on he floor, you will get more than you than enough resistance !!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    24 hour, Bally and Gold's are your best options

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    chest just apply resistant bands around the DB's and strap them to 95lb db's on he floor, you will get more than you than enough resistance !!
    thats a good idea...I'll need to get to that

chest6...you have some pretty hot females on your facebook...gimme one of them broaaaaaaaaaaadsssss

yea...I am gonna shop around and look at some more 24 hour fitness and gold's next week. Keymastur....what part of houston are you in?

decadbal is offline Banned
    id move out of texas... texas is my bitch

Texas owns you Deca , bow down !!

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    Actually LA Fitness has 7 gyms in the greater Houston area > http://www.lafitness.com/app/club/club_by_state

Interesting! I had no idea there were some in Houston. Those, however, are at least 40 miles from where I live. Still intersting to know, since they're customers of the company I work for.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    chest6...you have some pretty hot females on your facebook...gimme one of them broaaaaaaaaaaadsssss

yea...I am gonna shop around and look at some more 24 hour fitness and gold's next week. Keymastur....what part of houston are you in?
    haha nah theyre all minee

weres the link chest?

chest6 is offline Banned
    facebook?? wha?

yeah

Thread Information