Thread: Spinal Fusion

phwSSJ is offline Banned

Spinal Fusion

diddnt know where to put this so ....

I just had a cervical spinal fusion...that is after having a laminectomy eight months ago.

This guy fell asleep at the wheel and rearended my car totalling it.

I was making a good recovery from my first surgery then this crap happened.

I am just wondering if anyone has ever had a cervical spinal fusion and how they have dealt with recovery.
    But more importantly how the fusion has held up as far as causing more complications and such. I know that fusion causes more stress on the levels above and below. If anyone has had to have another surgery or is suffering from degeneration..how they feel when they lift...can you perform the same as before..ect ect.

BTW mine was @ C6-C7 (base of the neck)

Thanks

phwSSJ is offline Banned

witzy2323 is offline Associate Member
    hey boss, I had L4 L5 and S1 fused 2 years ago. for the first 6 moths after surgery I thought i made the biggest mistake ever getting it done, then my body started recovering great, month 8 I felt like a champ, then i fell on a spilled coke in a WALMART (fu@#ers) and broke two of the screws, set me all over again. 2 years out fully rcovered...my back is stronger than ever, I feel great and my overall mood is much better due to the chroninc pain being gone, i would do it all again to feel like i do now. But like i said the first 6 months i was in all honesty sucidal. So be strong, it will be for the better.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by witzy2323
    hey boss, I had L4 L5 and S1 fused 2 years ago. for the first 6 moths after surgery I thought i made the biggest mistake ever getting it done, then my body started recovering great, month 8 I felt like a champ, then i fell on a spilled coke in a WALMART (fu@#ers) and broke two of the screws, set me all over again. 2 years out fully rcovered...my back is stronger than ever, I feel great and my overall mood is much better due to the chroninc pain being gone, i would do it all again to feel like i do now. But like i said the first 6 months i was in all honesty sucidal. So be strong, it will be for the better.
    i hope you sued the pants off wal-mart....they have enough $....if that happened to me i would now be sitting on a pile of cash...god i hate wal-mart

mr.biceps58 is offline Junior Member
    Ive had spinal fusion..Yes the disk above and below the fusion recieves more pressure now. It will take 6 months to a year for the bone to fully fuse together.

Testosterone with no anties helps me cope along with narcotics..Its tough having back problems..Heavy squats,deadlifts,rows are out for good..Better not do them or you'll rupture another disk..

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    diddnt know where to put this so ....

I just had a cervical spinal fusion...that is after having a laminectomy eight months ago.

This guy fell asleep at the wheel and rearended my car totalling it.

I was making a good recovery from my first surgery then this crap happened.

I am just wondering if anyone has ever had a cervical spinal fusion and how they have dealt with recovery.
    But more importantly how the fusion has held up as far as causing more complications and such. I know that fusion causes more stress on the levels above and below. If anyone has had to have another surgery or is suffering from degeneration..how they feel when they lift...can you perform the same as before..ect ect.

BTW mine was @ C6-C7 (base of the neck)

Thanks
    Had mine for 15 years now took bone from hip. Constant arthritic small pains that you get used to but otherwise I am 47 and can still do what I used to. Good luck....Lifting eases the pain if nothing else just from the constant movement~

witzy2323 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytone
    i hope you sued the pants off wal-mart....they have enough $....if that happened to me i would now be sitting on a pile of cash...god i hate wal-mart

Took it to a top firm, Wal- mart ..."lost the tape" the lady that helped me up "was fired" its a f ing joke bro. I didnt even ask for anything more than them to pay my copays and lousy 3 mothns salary that i lost. Its still going on, but will never happen.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Wow, thanks everyone.

Glad to hear some good news cuz I have been feeling like crap lately.

Thanks again everyone!

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by witzy2323
    Took it to a top firm, Wal- mart ..."lost the tape" the lady that helped me up "was fired" its a f ing joke bro. I didnt even ask for anything more than them to pay my copays and lousy 3 mothns salary that i lost. Its still going on, but will never happen.

I am going through the same sh1t with the insurance company.

They dont want to pay. They said they want to do an investigation. Those
    motherfkers.

The system never works for the good honest people!

Thread Information