Thread: Banned!?

mista_liar is offline Associate Member

Banned!?

Guys/Gals, I've been away for a while.....what's going on with the surge of banned members lately?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Just let things like that be. People get banned for legit reasons. Best not to ask IMO...

No disrespect, but I disagree...mostly. I've had the hand in banning someone before and it was best for the board that the member be banned. Often times boards go through growing pains, and the end result is culture/community change, and sometimes banning. Just curious.

Just do a search bro... the whole banning and members leaving thing has been discussed here ad-nauseum. No need to tear open old wounds to shake salt into them.

Red

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    What red said....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There was an "EVERYONE PLEASE READ" post that was a sticky here, but I see it's been taken down. I was going to direct you to that.

Anyhow, you asked a very open ended question. People are banned because they broke 1 or more rules.

End of story.

~SC~

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_liar
    I've been away for a while.....
    Not long enough.

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    Try to look in their last posts or so. They probably did something wrong.

decadbal is offline Banned
    bc they arnt as popular or an undercover mod like me

Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    Not long enough.
    Where do you get off posting that? How do you even know me or think you have any right to post a sarcastic ass remark like that?

Piss in the wind clown!

Where do you get off posting that? How do you even know me or think you have any right to post a sarcastic ass remark like that?

Piss in the wind clown!
    Did you originally get banned for this type of naughty-boy behavior?

~SC~

Absolutely not, I've been a respectable member on this board for 2+ years.

Just as mods shouldn't, I don't think any member should have to tolerate that kind of unecessary rudeness by anyone. What's right is right and wrong is wrong.

I just simply made an observation and asked a question about it. Swolecat, I've been here almost as long as you, you can certainly attest to the increased bannings.

Just out of curiousity, how is my reaction from completely unjustified comments bad behavior?

?

Absolutely not, I've been a respectable member on this board for 2+ years.

Just as mods shouldn't, I don't think any member should have to tolerate that kind of unecessary rudeness by anyone. What's right is right and wrong is wrong.

I just simply made an observation and asked a question about it. Swolecat, I've been here almost as long as you, you can certainly attest to the increased bannings.
    Attest to them, hell I was probably responsible for at least half of them.

Kiddin', but rest assured, no matter who was banned, there was a legit reason for the best interest of this location. Doesn't matter who the mod was, we're a team and we support each other w/our team rules.

Just as MLB/NBA/NFL/etc......."teams" go through stages where they have certain people or "stars" for "X" number of years, so do message boards and the leaders chosen to lead by example and lend a helping hand.

I've been here for quite some time, and I feel great about the team I have now. I've known most of these guys for quite some time now. Our coach, we call him BC or "cock hard" (inside joke), has chosen us for his new "direction" into the years to come.

I look forward to winning as many championships w/this team as I possibly can, and I'll do my best to do my part in that quest.

~SC~

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    TEAM Together Everyone Acheives More My 2cs

Just out of curiousity, how is my reaction from completely unjustified comments bad behavior?

?
    Well, it's not "really", which is why I laughed in the post. I mean, if it were something too harsh, I'd ask you to edit it, etc. I would suggest just not getting involved if there is someone you don't agree with, or p.m. the person and just handle it there if need be. I don't know what "not long enough" means, but evidently you did something before you left that this person noticed, and didn't take kindly to. I'd try to find out what that is.

Carry on.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-09-2005 at 06:56 PM.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    "cock hard"
    No man...it's cock card. He lays down his cock card.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    No man...it's cock card. He lays down his cock card.

Dammit, why in the blue hell was I thinking HARD?

Probably because I was thinking about something else first.

~SC~

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Just let things like that be. People get banned for legit reasons. Best not to ask IMO...
    lol, you sound like big brother.

bigsupplyeu is offline Banned
    haha nice

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    i think if somebody gets banned it is definitely for a good reason..the mods on here let us go back and forth with shitt talk occasionally..often, but if it begins to cross boundaries they step in. you get a warning...maybe even 2 or 3.. then your gone. that is only one of many ways you can get banned..the others are pretty obvious..but you usually get a warning..i've read through threads of members who got banned and there is usually a few warnings going on before and dude will just turn into a dickhead and push the envelope. then start a new account and come back

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Piss in the wind clown!
    speaking loudly!

I don't think thats really true, frankly. We've had alot of "Senior Members" and Vets leave because they never made mod status.

I'd put our new crop of vets (bmf2, ***rock***, JuicyR6, DocHerb, DocSlin, etc...) up against anyone we've lost, in terms of knowledge...and I'm sure our new crop of Vets would come out on top. Just like AR has.

What kind of support do you think we (as a staff) are here to give, gsxxr? What would you like us to do? Have you PM'ed any of your questions to the vets I just named? I bet they could answer any of them as well as the Mods/Smods/Admin of virtually any board on the 'net.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    speaking loudly!

Is this why there are so many bannings? ....Becuase ppl speak their minds even against unfounded rude comments made by members who don't know the first thing about who they're putting down in the first place?

Take a look back over the years on my posts before you start saying things like this, I've not been an ass to a single person on this board.

You guys get on here two years later than many guys like myself, and haven't the experience nor the place to be saying things like this to me or other members.

Where do you get off saying that I should be banned for speaking my mind. If this is the new AR, I'm not sure I like that.

edited to add:
    I think I just anwsered my own question considering TestSubject and GQBouncer's comments. The above comments by them are evidence of behavior that leads to why ppl are banned.
    Last edited by mista_liar; 07-10-2005 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    people do not need to get ban from A.R any more thay just leave. there is no support to the senior or anabloic members. so after some time thay get pissed off and move to other boards.
    Say what?

Who do you think comprises MOST of the board?

~SC~

bump......anwsered my own question in my previous post. Thanks guys.

Thread Information