blown93302 is offline Junior Member

need help in chosing a career

hey guys, just thought i'd post this here and see if i can get any help. im currently going to be graduating college in december with a degree in physical education. i mean i like teaching and all that stuff but i am going to make NO money and its extremely hard to find a job as well. i was thinking about maybe going into an accelerated nursing program which can be completed in 12-18 months after having ANY bachelors degree which i will have.... i want to be happy with what i do but i want to make money too... i know i shouldnt have gone this far if i wasnt going to go through with it but im really having second thoughts right now.

is there anything that can be completed in 1-2 years that i can do that will get me some money?? i was even thinking of being a cop, lol as bad as that may sound. i am really open to all suggestions right now. i have to make up my mind on what it is i am going to do with my life. im not asking that you make that decision for me, just maybe give me some options that i might not be aware of. please help me out. thanks!

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    my friend is a nurse ...makes about 90 grand a year..he's 22

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Nursing is a good choice, you can make mad money here in the US, you are helping people out and you'll have no trouble finding a job. Plus, think of all the hot single nurses out there. Then, think about the hot single cops out there. Can't do it, can you?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Hey, Ginko how's things?..

Sorry I can't advise on job oppertunities in the USA. But whats bad about being a cop, apart from the fact everyone here hates cops?.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bouncer what's up?
    Still here in Prague, headed to Amsterdam in a week, Poland tomorrow. I miss the beach man, so I'm heading out to the tropics in a few weeks. Later bro

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    nursing is good schittttt................plenty of money at ur disposal..................

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    Hey Bouncer what's up?
    Still here in Prague, headed to Amsterdam in a week, Poland tomorrow. I miss the beach man, so I'm heading out to the tropics in a few weeks. Later bro
    Forget the tropics, hit Ibiza!.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Although some men frown on male nurses I think that is an excellent field for you. If you don't want to deal with the mess of general nursing go into a specialization such as Psychiatric nursing. Another perk is that 95% of your peers will be women. My line of work is very similar 9 women to every 1 man and I wouldn't have it any other way

GeeOweDee is offline Associate Member
    If your gonna get into the med field try becoming a paramedic that way you have options to become a firefighter...

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    skip the school and go straight into exotic dancing. i hear theres great money in it.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    skip the school and go straight into exotic dancing. i hear theres great money in it.

Yes, the money is good at times, but you have weekends where it's really bad too. Some weekends I clear 2 g's in 2 nights of work, other weekends I'm lucky to bring home 7 or 800 bucks. Stay the **** out of it at all costs, money isnt everything, and there comes a point where respect means more.

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Proctologist or OBGYN, depends on what your into

Seriously though I'm in car sales (finance mgr now) but if you got the tuff skin for it and dont mind the hours you can make some stupid money (I'm talking Dr and Lawyer type money)

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Yes, the money is good at times, but you have weekends where it's really bad too. Some weekends I clear 2 g's in 2 nights of work, other weekends I'm lucky to bring home 7 or 800 bucks. Stay the **** out of it at all costs, money isnt everything, and there comes a point where respect means more.
    damn i was kidding about the great money. now i feel poor. i work in insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Proctologist or OBGYN, depends on what your into

Seriously though I'm in car sales (finance mgr now) but if you got the tuff skin for it and dont mind the hours you can make some stupid money (I'm talking Dr and Lawyer type money)
    you just have to deal with poopy diapers.

Thread Information