Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Just chiming in SC. Get better.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I'm glad to read that it was not worse! and that you are well.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Feels pretty good tonight. I'm going to do some light fly work using a rear delt machine (but I turn around) this coming Friday. Just want to get a serious pump in the pecs, and go about my day.

The real work will be coming up in the weeks to come.

Thanks all!

~SC~

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yup, stupid injury strikes again.

Never been injured while in a gym, for 8 years I never got hurt.

Today I was doing flat bench, I always use d-bells for development, but last week decided to do barbell and it was a good change. So this week, I went to do some more.

Warmed up w/ 135, then 225 a few times, then did one set of 315 for 10. Racked it and felt great. Stretched a bit, then went to do my 2nd set. First rep was great, second rep something felt a bit "tingly" in the left pec, but I thought it was just something working it's way out, etc., then the third rep I brought the bar down, stopped just before the chest and went to push up. While pushing up I feel like a squirming type of "rip........rip rip"..........but I was able to complete the rep, then racked it as I was freaked! I also "heard" the sound in my head, sounds weird I know, but it was a combo of actually hearing it and "knowing" that something just ain't going right.

I got up and began pacing, grabbing both pecs and rubbing them to make sure I didn't rupture it (I didn't), etc. Heart was going 1000 miles per hour as I remembered how bad it was when I blew out both knees. Man, I was trippin'.......it wasn't hot and didn't hurt, but I knew I f*cked something up.
    Called wifey from the gym on the cell phone, she called the doc, and I left immediately and went to get seen.

He examined me and felt no "lumps" which is good, because nothing tore away from the insertion to the point where it would ball up and be really bad. However, it is a long tear along a big area, so it didn't ball up but did like split in half in many places. Hard to explain, but 5 hours later it hurts. No discoloration, so that is good as for now as well.

So, for at least 2 weeks (I am waiting 3+ before doing any pressing w/chest) I can't do any pressing movements. I'll do legs, back, biceps, etc., but no chest. I have muscle relaxants and anti inflam's to let the muscle heal w/out the negative feedback loop from the brain, and some pain meds because of the large area that was torn. The good thing is that I can still make the pec "dance" like the other one, and there is no deformity at all.

I need to rest and let it totally repair, then I'll be good to go. Rush it and rupture it, and "you are screwed" as the doctor said.

From now on, I'll be doing German Volume type stuff and pre-exhaust movements and never use the barbell again. He gave me many reasons why (sports doctor) d-bells are better, and why people tear pecs w/barbells even with a weight they can easily handle, which was the case here. I'm all about proportion now and being healthy and such, who cares about lifting "heavy" and how much you can push. This happened to me for a reason, and I am going w/it. I'd rather lift and look big using medium weight and getting pumped than to use mod-heavy weights and rupture something, because then you have to have surgery, you lose it all, and it's NEVER the same.

Oh well, may the days pass quickly.

~SC~
    i feel ur pain bro i did the exact same thing with the exact same weight in the same spot u described. i felt it on the 3rd rep and then it burned on the 4th. another sucky thing is im on day 5 of pct my emotions were messed up now they r really screwed.

junkacct is offline New Member
    Thanks bro.

How do you know about my helpful posts w/one post yourself?

~SC~

It's just like what Predator said... I prefer to read and learn, rather than post on stuff that I don't know much. Actually, I've been lurking on the diet forum for a couple weeks so I've come to learn just how helpful you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by junkacct
    It's just like what Predator said... I prefer to read and learn, rather than post on stuff that I don't know much. Actually, I've been lurking on the diet forum for a couple weeks so I've come to learn just how helpful you can be.
    I figured, I was just joshin' with ya!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    i feel ur pain bro i did the exact same thing with the exact same weight in the same spot u described. i felt it on the 3rd rep and then it burned on the 4th. another sucky thing is im on day 5 of pct my emotions were messed up now they r really screwed.
    When did you do this? How long ago? How is it now??

~SC~

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Chiming in too. Get well soon. I tried to go heavy last weak thinking it had been long enough since my last injury. Re-injured it. This time, I'll take 2-3 weeks off and then start using exclusively DB's for chest routines.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    When did you do this? How long ago? How is it now??

~SC~
    i did it last wed. it still hurts when i flex hard i even tested it on the bench and the pain is minimal up to 225 but anything over that weight and it hurts like hell. guess ill lay off a few weeks and see if that helps. i have some vicodin but i figured why risk further injury.

Yeah, painkillers don't do anything to heal it, it just masks the pain. I'd let it heal to where you can lift w/out pain meds and have it feel fine. Nothing worse than masking the pain and really hurting yourself.

Thanks for sharing!

~SC~

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll tell you Sc, i'm pushing some ghey ass jane Fonda weight on chest. No more than 40 lb db press--30lb flye, and it has been about two months, since I started doing chest. My chiro surgeon advised against it for another two months ( I was cut open on the first days of Feb), but I needed to lift.
    Even w the light weight, I still get sharp pains when I slightly overdo it.
    Everything else is strong ass fvck (delts are starting to have the coconut look, even though I'm still weary of this area as well).

I did chest on Friday and I am really sore, even today. I did supersets of flyes (reverse rear delt machine) with hammer stregth flat presses and made sure to take my shoulders out of the movement. Even w/the lighter weight, they got thrashed. I felt a little tingle in the beginning, but once warm that went away. I was happy when I left the gym, thank goodness because the first few sets I almost quit when the sharp pains were getting to me.

I know it would totally heal if I took a month off, but I just can't do that. I know that I can lift ligther and that it may take 2-3 months to totally go away, but it still will heal and go away.

~SC~

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Hope you recovery nice and quick bro.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information