Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
    all due respect but i highly doubt you know anything about this issue first-hand, or even second or third of fourth.

a mob mentality can cause any group into a frenzy and when one of these urban black mobs starts getting riled up, us whities need to get our asses outta there quick.
    1. I am black.
    2. I was asking a question about the buses.
    3. I was responding to the statement that black people blame white people for everything as you can see by the text that I put in bold.

So you are saying that it was right for the government to try to evacuate the white people in that part of the city leaving all of the ethnic races? I don't know, but it just seems kinda racist to me. Kinda like, "Well, we can't save everybody so let's just save the white folks." If there was a huge terrorist strike on a city and a lot of people were homeless, sick and dying then do you think the Muslims in the city would have been evacuated to a safer location?

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    WEll one thing I know for sure is the Americans will pull threw with the money needed to help these people whether they be black or white. Americans are the most giving in the world and they will not fail us now either. God bless America.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    1. I am black.
    2. I was asking a question about the buses.
    3. I was responding to the statement that black people blame white people for everything as you can see by the text that I put in bold.

So you are saying that it was right for the government to try to evacuate the white people in that part of the city leaving all of the ethnic races? I don't know, but it just seems kinda racist to me. Kinda like, "Well, we can't save everybody so let's just save the white folks." If there was a huge terrorist strike on a city and a lot of people were homeless, sick and dying then do you think the Muslims in the city would have been evacuated to a safer location?
    no, black people blame everything on koreans.

(j/k)

what i'm saying is that when urban blacks riot, they tend to go after white folks, like in the detroit riots, or the la riots after the rodney king verdict. so, if there is fear they're going to attack the white refugees, they are first t leave, just like they'd evacuate the black people from a lynch mob.

Here is another incident...

Superdome evacuee: 'Worst night of my life'
    Associated Press
    NEW ORLEANS — National Guardsmen helped evacuate the mass of storm refugees from the Superdome on today, where thousands were stuck in knee-deep trash and blacked-out, putrid bathrooms. "This was the worst night of my life," one mother said.

At midday, the evacuation was interrupted briefly when school buses rolled up so some 700 guests and employees from the Hyatt Hotel could move to the head of the evacuation line — much to the amazement of those who had been crammed in the stinking Superdome since Sunday.

"How does this work? They (are) clean, they are dry, they get out ahead of us?" exclaimed Howard Blue, 22, who tried to get in their line. The National Guard blocked him as other guardsmen helped the well-dressed guests with their luggage.

The 700 had been trapped in the hotel, next to the Superdome, but conditions were considerably cleaner, even without running water, than the unsanitary crush inside the dome. The Hyatt was severely damaged by the storm. Every pane of glass on the riverside wall was blown out.

Mayor Ray Nagin has used the hotel as a base since it is across the street from city hall, and there were reports the hotel was cleared with priority to make room for police, firemen and other officials.

National Guard Capt. John Pollard called the decision to move the Hyatt people to the head of the line "very poor."
    Full Story

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    I fail to see how this issue is at all related to the presidents? The levee's fault and corrections were up to the local government.
    im not talking about fixing levees and all that other political crap. im talking about babies dying of dehydration, grandmothers and grandfathers dying without there medications. no human being deserves to be stranded for 3 or 4 days without some type of aid. i dont care what anyone says but they could have done something to at least get those people some water. these babies didnt deserve to die cause our aid was slow in responding. just like when bush made a bold statement to got to war he could have gave an order to have food and water dropped in even before rescue efforts started.

Here is another incident...

Superdome evacuee: 'Worst night of my life'
    Associated Press
    NEW ORLEANS — National Guardsmen helped evacuate the mass of storm refugees from the Superdome on today, where thousands were stuck in knee-deep trash and blacked-out, putrid bathrooms. "This was the worst night of my life," one mother said.

At midday, the evacuation was interrupted briefly when school buses rolled up so some 700 guests and employees from the Hyatt Hotel could move to the head of the evacuation line — much to the amazement of those who had been crammed in the stinking Superdome since Sunday.

"How does this work? They (are) clean, they are dry, they get out ahead of us?" exclaimed Howard Blue, 22, who tried to get in their line. The National Guard blocked him as other guardsmen helped the well-dressed guests with their luggage.

The 700 had been trapped in the hotel, next to the Superdome, but conditions were considerably cleaner, even without running water, than the unsanitary crush inside the dome. The Hyatt was severely damaged by the storm. Every pane of glass on the riverside wall was blown out.

Mayor Ray Nagin has used the hotel as a base since it is across the street from city hall, and there were reports the hotel was cleared with priority to make room for police, firemen and other officials.

National Guard Capt. John Pollard called the decision to move the Hyatt people to the head of the line "very poor."
    Full Story
    crap like this makes u sick!

Unoid is offline Member
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You are so racially biased if you really mean that statement. If so I suggest you go yourself.
    why are you defending the bad blacks in our society? Its obvious and a FACT in the USA that a good % of the black population do BLAME the whites for their troubles today. In a time of civil chaos w/o any policing forces, you'd damn well bet a lot of the poverty line blacks would chose to hurt the white poeple?

How do you not see this? its 100% logical based on how our society is.

The guy you were talking to even hedged his statement to be sure to say Not all BLACKS, just mainly the poorer ones. You need to look at this with a different perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    why are you defending the bad blacks in our society? Its obvious and a FACT in the USA that a good % of the black population do BLAME the whites for their troubles today. In a time of civil chaos w/o any policing forces, you'd damn well bet a lot of the poverty line blacks would chose to hurt the white poeple?

How do you not see this? its 100% logical based on how our society is.

The guy you were talking to even hedged his statement to be sure to say Not all BLACKS, just mainly the poorer ones. You need to look at this with a different perspective
    I do not defend bad people. However, you cannot say that a good percentage of the black population blame white people for their troubles when you DON'T KNOW A GOOD PORTION OF THE BLACK POPULATION. I know many, many, many black people. Not one of them blame white people for anything! A lot of them make "cracker" jokes and clown about white stereotypes but not one of them blame white people for anything. The days of black people talking about "the man" are gone. I'm sure there are a lot of black people still saying these things. But the majority of black people do not actually believe or say these things.

You, sir, are wrong.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I just wonder if it were to hit a middle class, predominatly white area if things would have been different ????

jmt
    jmt is offline Associate Member
    Ray Nagin made the decision to evacuate all the tourists and guests in the city first. However, claiming this as a racist act is unfounded. Ray Nagin is black.

Unoid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    I just wonder if it were to hit a middle class, predominatly white area if things would have been different ????
    you bet your ass, looting would be nearly nonexistant besides maybe some foodstuffs, and everyone woulda got the hell outa dodge. No evacuation needed, on the whole.

Good point guns.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    I just heard 8 gunmen have been shot by police, and maybe 5-6 scumbags dead. About f'ing time!

BigRed54 is offline New Member
    Its a total waste of money to rebuild that city. New Orleans is the DIRTIEST city in the nation. Its not worth spending BILLIONS just so the welfare and low income people can come back and trash it all over again.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I always had fun at mardi gras

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDCH1LD
    NOT THE.............................

now that is some seriously funny shit bro

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I have still yet to see, hear or read about one valid reason this is Bush's fault. I know everyone needs a scapegoat but come on, the mayor and governmental body of NO is to blame. WTF, all the scumbag democrats are in the media playing this shit off on the president, and people who don't know shit are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    I have still yet to see, hear or read about one valid reason this is Bush's fault. I know everyone needs a scapegoat but come on, the mayor and governmental body of NO is to blame. WTF, all the scumbag democrats are in the media playing this shit off on the president, and people who don't know shit are just jumping on the bandwagon.
    I think the point was they local government didn't have the resources to help these people. When the disaster struck the federal government/president needed to send help to the victims. The New Orleans mayor/government were already doing all they could. There is no reason people should have been left on top of their houses for 5 days before help was sent...

I don't even think GB left his vaction home for like 3 days.

if clinton was still in office and did the same people would be trying to impeach him right now. bush could have ordered aid alot sooner. people died over simple things like water.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    They're their own worst enemy down there. Armed gangs, lootings, shooting hospital workers, rapes, etc. Can't even help their fellow brother in a massive time of need. Selfishness rules again.
    The same people who are asking for food, water, supplies, etc are the same people who the media caught looting stores.

I do feel sorry for some of those people to a point, but they KNEW this was coming. Those people KNEW that this hurricane could wipe out the city and they CHOSE to stay. Ina way its their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    bush has already done a full term he is the leader of our country not clinton or anyone else. he should have acted with alot more force like he did with afghanistan and iraq.

i agree man....

people are saying o yes we saw this hurrincane coming days in advance and knew that it would be the biggest ever...yet nothing was done to be prepared to counter is effect on the city...they govt knew that people were staying there...i think its sickening how long it took to get some kind of response

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    I honestly, and believe no one here, can honestly give an intelligent opinion unless were directly affected or directly involved in the dilemma. What I can say tho is that, if what everyone is saying is true.... and that the peeps there are rioting, raping, murdering, shooting at helicoptors that are trying to help them, AND if the fact that we had to send in more nat. guard to control these riots etc then actual engineers, aid etc is true..... then I say, who cares how long it takes to help them!!! BUT, i dont know anything for sure, so I am keepin my butt out of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter
    I honestly, and believe no one here, can honestly give an intelligent opinion unless were directly affected or directly involved in the dilemma. What I can say tho is that, if what everyone is saying is true.... and that the peeps there are rioting, raping, murdering, shooting at helicoptors that are trying to help them, AND if the fact that we had to send in more nat. guard to control these riots etc then actual engineers, aid etc is true..... then I say, who cares how long it takes to help them!!! BUT, i dont know anything for sure, so I am keepin my butt out of it!!
    20 thousand plus needed aid and we have heard about 10-15 thugs. that is the media glamourizing as usual we should be used to this they do it with gear all the time.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    shooting at helicoptors that are trying to help them
    do you have a link to that, just curious because bouncer said that he read it was only one incident and it was unconfirmed.

I have still yet to see, hear or read about one valid reason this is Bush's fault.
    The hurricane itself is nobody's fault... that much is obvious.

The poor response on the other hand is ultimately his fault for a simple reason. This is a major disaster and as the president, "The buck stops here".

It's the same reason he is responsible for the death of each and every single American serviceman who died in Iraq. As commander in chief, "The buck stops there".

It's a responsability that comes with the job of being a leader. A good leader knows how to take blame and spread praise...

Someone has to take responsability for the fact that any major rescue operations took soo long to get under way and were so disorganized. Is the big man going to take the blame and admit his government did not respond to the disaster properly, or is he going to try and pass the buck?

Red

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    damn it's been 5 plus yrs since clinton has been in office and u bush supporters are still blamin bush's blunders on clinton. clinton may have chosen not to fix the levees but never had anything happen. bush didnt fix them and look what happened. quit blaming clinton, bush has been in office to long to be blaming clinton for his f&^k ups!
    You guys talking about Clinton and Bush makes me laugh. Neither of them has anything to do with the levee situation. It's CONGRESS that appropriates money for things like that.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural3456
    i agree man....

people are saying o yes we saw this hurrincane coming days in advance and knew that it would be the biggest ever...yet nothing was done to be prepared to counter is effect on the city...they govt knew that people were staying there...i think its sickening how long it took to get some kind of response
    What do expect could have been done? Have you read anything about what it would take to protect the city from a hurricane like this? $2B and 25 years. If we are going to blame someone that could have had a chance to correct this situation we have to go back at least 25 years and blame that guy b/c if he had acted then the construction would be completed by now and the devastation would not have been as severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    You guys talking about Clinton and Bush makes me laugh. Neither of them has anything to do with the levee situation. It's CONGRESS that appropriates money for things like that.
    most people are talking about the aid afterwards not the damn levees.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    do you have a link to that, just curious because bouncer said that he read it was only one incident and it was unconfirmed.
    I actually did... but erased the email. I am trying to retrieve now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown
    What do expect could have been done? Have you read anything about what it would take to protect the city from a hurricane like this? $2B and 25 years. If we are going to blame someone that could have had a chance to correct this situation we have to go back at least 25 years and blame that guy b/c if he had acted then the construction would be completed by now and the devastation would not have been as severe.

i didnt mean it like that....i meant to help the victims more rapidly and effectivly...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information