BigMatt is offline Junior Member

Working Electrician/construction vs Workout?

Anyone is working Electrician/construction?

I want to go make a career program in Electricity(Mostly Indistrial and resedantial construction).

I thought about plumbing but i heard its more physically taxing...

The wage is pretty good 60k Before Tax.(canadian)

I want to know is it physical taxing on the body?
    I wanted to go in this field as i feel that it is the less physical demanding job in the Construction world...

My friend is a carpenter and he saying that electricity should be less physical demanding job in the construction field

Mainly Drilling holes and passing wire trought them...

he thing is i just dont want to get all fried up with the work and cant workout after...

Work is schedulled Monday to friday 7am to 3pm

Im a total meathead

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    from my experience working in the construction field, first as a framing helper, and secondly i worked for a window sill company and i installed them in new houses. the actual work was very very hot and taxing on my upper body. i went from an awesome clean bulk diet to quiting the gym for 2 freakin months. being outside for atleast 8 hours a day will kill you. i just quit that job so i could focus on school and the gym. ive worked around electricans and it doesnt seem very physical but im sure it gets rough at times. but there is excellent $$ to be made.

decadbal is offline Banned
    construction is semi hard.. electric isnt to bad i woudlnt think, they dont really lift or anything

mass junkie is offline banned
    I dont understand why having a job like that would prohibit you from still getting your workouts in... or consuming enough food throughout the day for that matter

decadbal is offline Banned
    it never did me... so whats his excuse... is he a cripple?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    In in construction installing 6 inch diameter 120kg fire sprinkler mains for 12 hour days, try that for taxing before a workout. Mate there will come a time when you will have to take what ever job your offered so dont get picky this early in the game. Good luck.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Electrictian's arn't to physically demanding! If you got into the residential area of it your laughing but either way its the "cleanest"trade and there's lots of money to be had

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I dont understand why having a job like that would prohibit you from still getting your workouts in... or consuming enough food throughout the day for that matter
    It seem clear to me that lifting 500 2x10 each hour or laying outside when its -20C or even +40C outside while doing concrete work would interfer with workout quality and muscle recuperation or even nutrition...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    In in construction installing 6 inch diameter 120kg fire sprinkler mains for 12 hour days, try that for taxing before a workout. Mate there will come a time when you will have to take what ever job your offered so dont get picky this early in the game. Good luck.
    You need an education to be a master electrician here,its the law...

It's not a job that is offered to me...

it's what im planning to do

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Electrictian's arn't to physically demanding! If you got into the residential area of it your laughing but either way its the "cleanest"trade and there's lots of money to be had
    Thats what i thought,i mean your mainly drilling holes and passing wire trough them and i think it must be the cleanest job in the construction field and your must be working most of the time inside...

But i may be wrong

insanepump621 is offline Member
    Im an ironworker... I install rebar carry it on my shoulder tying it together with tie wire constantley bending down for 8 hours try doing that then going to work out. Thats a workout in itself. suck it up and do it

Any other inputs?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, if you want to be in construction, if you don't want to do man's work and you're looking to be as sorry and lazy as possible, being an electrician is the way to go, join the local union and you're set.

You won't have to work a day in your life....

Its not that i dont want to work,i want too.
    But i dont want to get fried up and not be able to workout afterward...

And i want to be able to eat meals at different time during the day...

I just want to optimize Workout Quality while be able to do a High paying job that i like...without a High degree education...

mike132 is offline Junior Member
    i went to a technical highschool for electrical and have been in the trade for ten years since. got my e2 and taking e1 test in a couple of months. electrical is not as easy as poeple think especially starting out.you will be the bitch for a couple of years at least.diggig ditches, pulling wire,and its taxing mentally. some companies are easier to work for than other. some companies will rent a backho to dig a 2' X3'X 50' and some will make the helper (you) dig it. same with pulling wire.they have machines for that to but some owners like to make you do it.the worst part is you live in canada and it gets cold. i used to live in ct.and i'll never forget those winters working in the cold, rain,outside. even in residential new houses won't have windows or heat. if your young do it it pays off. go union you might get to take a couple naps extra a day.like i said it all depends on who you work for.it might be one of the easier construction trades but it deffinately ain't no desk job.it's the smarter of the trades.

p.s.go fetch me a wire stretcher greenie!!!!!lol

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike132

p.s.go fetch me a wire stretcher greenie!!!!!lol
    Go get me a Dick Fore out of the Gang Box......

ElectricianLifter is offline New Member
    Let me tell you fellas something. I have been an electrician for 20 years and only recently got a job that was less physically demanding than most trades. The first ten years or so you will do nothing but crawl in attics, pull gigantic wire, install rigid conduit that weighs close to 70 lbs per 10'. This isn't everyone's experience but it's most of us. So for those of you talking about how easy being an electrician is take a step back. Thanks

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Did you just bump a 12 year old thread?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Did you just bump a 12 year old thread?
    That's got to be close to a record...lol

Thread Information