NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member

Ever feel like crap when you join a new gym??

I just want to know if sometimes a different environment can make you feel like crap. I just a new gym 2 days ago and everytime I went there to work out, I felt dizzy and light headed 20 minutes into the work and I had to stop.

I dont know if Im getting sick or what. I was wondering if maybe im claustrophobic. The old gym I was had was very wide open and the ceilings were high. The place I go to now is big, but the free weights area is somewhat small. Could that be the case? I feel light headed the rest of the day after that. Or does it sound like im coming down with something???

Jakspro is offline Member
    You might just be nervous of being out of place... I say jam your iPod and push that weight around... Use this feeling to your advantage, you'd be surprised on how much your workouts can improve from an environment change

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    When I go to a new gym I size up everyone and see where I am

Usually i'm at the top. But yea just use your IPOD and block out everything else except the honeys.

amstaf is offline Associate Member
    i just started a new gym also the first week i just felt people staring at me felt a little uncomfortable then i asked some names introduced myself let them know who i was and boom im in the groove

Nismo is offline Member
    Its also the environment... If you have a bunch of lame ass's around, then that really kills your mojo for lifting. But if your surrounded by great people and everyone is working out hard, then that just make you want to do the same. Never go to bally's, they always have lame people working out

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    bally's = lame asses

but hot azzes.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i feel ya bro i had to join a new gym last week i was getting a free membership at Golds i went there for 1 year i new so many people i had ton of hook ups but they said i had to start paying and there monthly dues are very high and the gym across the street is cheaper so i joined that one i feel a littel weird when i go in but i dont any one there so there is no one talking my ear off so i can bust out a workout in 1hr/half no problem with out being disturbed by anyone.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    Nah, its not a feeling of nervousness, because Im a lot bigger than the guys that are at this place during the day, which is mostly composed of older guys and teenagers. I really feel like Im just fighting something. I talked to a buddy of mine and he said the same things happens when hes fighting something. Its kind of like a middle ground. Not fully sick, but the force of the gym workouts mess it up. Oh well, thanks for the replies though

Hard Head is offline Member
    It could be some sort of environmental issue. Maybe there is new carpet and the formaldehyde is messing with you. Or maybe the cleaning products are toxic. Go back to your old gym, or someplace else for 1 workout and see if the symptoms reoccur, then go from there. Good luck.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I gotta join a new gym tmr..tell ya how it goes

Thread Information