Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

New HD 24" Monitor

I just got a great deal on a Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 24" LCD monitor. I was going to buy it through the Dell site and I was getting a quote of $760 including tax and shipping.

I did a search on Craigslist today and found a guy locally selling one brand new in box for $650. I called him, haggled a little and I picked it up for $600 in cash. I have it connected to my Mac laptop. I am loving this thing. It's a revision A04 which is the latest revision.

Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

K.Biz is offline Banned
    hey very very nice i have the same one! exept its been customized by dell to have 2 more connected to it. i Have a tri-setup. its 3, 24in screens connected to my 1 computer for editing purposes. i am a touch up artists for models... so i need multiple screens to edit. but its a great screen man. good pick

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    hey very very nice i have the same one! exept its been customized by dell to have 2 more connected to it. i Have a tri-setup. its 3, 24in screens connected to my 1 computer for editing purposes. i am a touch up artists for models... so i need multiple screens to edit. but its a great screen man. good pick
    I tried that as well but I kept getting slapped all the time
    Nice screen Carlos !!!

Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    So you have 3 24" screens spanning side by side? Do you have a picture? That sounds really cool. That would make an awesome gaming setting.

I thought about getting another 24" and doing 2 side by side but I'm using a MacBook Pro with only one DVI connector. It's dual channel DVI so it can run a 30" display. I wonder if there is a break out box that will split the dual channels into 2 ports so I can run dual monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Nice screen Carlos !!!
    Thank you!

I did a search and found this.

Matrox DualHead2Go Digital Edition

Through patent-pending technology, the operating system detects the DualHead2Go Digital Edition as an ultra-widescreen monitor which is then split into two or more standard resolutions compatible with the attached displays. DualHead2Go Digital Edition also enables support for high resolution panels, offering a stretched desktop of up to 3840x1200 (or dual 1920x1200)1 across two analog or digital displays.

y100adics is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    I tried that as well but I kept getting slapped all the time
    Nice screen Carlos !!!

K.Biz is offline Banned
    yeah i can definetly post a picture. heres my original picture of just 2 moniters and me editing when i was like 30 pound lighter

Fat daddy productions is the company i am a partnership in.

Ill post 3 when im not at work and im home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New HD 24" Monitor-1158854395_l.jpg  

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Wow Carlos, that monitor is just a tad bit smaller than the TV that I have in my living room!

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Wow Carlos, that monitor is just a tad bit smaller than the TV that I have in my living room!
    When I bought it I was contemplating getting a 27" or 30" monitor. I settled for this one because I couldn't fit a larger one where my desk sits.

When it comes to televisions BIGGER IS BETTER! Let me know if you're interested in a Sony TV. I'll hook you up with my 30-40% discount.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Nice! I'm considering this one: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-5205

I think 22'' would be large enough for me!

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    When I bought it I was contemplating getting a 27" or 30" monitor. I settled for this one because I couldn't fit a larger one where my desk sits.

When it comes to televisions BIGGER IS BETTER! Let me know if you're interested in a Sony TV. I'll hook you up with my 30-40% discount.

I'm unfortunately stuck with a TV cabinet that's built into my living room wall. It's a great space saver, but it will only fit up to a 32" TV. I do have a Sony non-HD 32" and it's pretty decent (HEAVY as can be, though). I have Directv (non-HD) and the picture is really good believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Nice! I'm considering this one: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-5205

I think 22'' would be large enough for me!
    Man I wouldn't get the 22". It's the same resolution 1680 x 1050 as the 20" monitor. It's just blown up larger. You're not actually getting more screen real estate. For more screen area you want to get a monitor that is 1900 x 1200. That starts at 23 inches. 1900 x 1200 will support HD resolution.

If you're going to get a 1680 x 1050 display you might as well save a little money and get the Dell 20".

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    I'm unfortunately stuck with a TV cabinet that's built into my living room wall. It's a great space saver, but it will only fit up to a 32" TV. I do have a Sony non-HD 32" and it's pretty decent (HEAVY as can be, though). I have Directv (non-HD) and the picture is really good believe it or not.
    This would fit in that cabinet quite nicely.
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/20IN...atpanel_32to40

and throw in this:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/equipm...assetId=900037

DHew is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    how do you like emersons, carlos? i recently picked up a 37" emerson hd lcdtv for $700...

Quote Originally Posted by DHew
    how do you like emersons, carlos? i recently picked up a 37" emerson hd lcdtv for $700...
    I've never seen one so I don't have an opinion. Westinghouse and Vizio are in that price range and I hear they make decent HD LCDs for that price.

bigger than you is offline New Member
    Damn carlos you buy all the good stuff how can i be down
    by the way nice pic carlos
    and kale i like those tits

Quote Originally Posted by bigger than you
    Damn carlos you buy all the good stuff how can i be down
    by the way nice pic carlos
    and kale i like those tits
    Thank you for the compliment. If you can't tell. I'm a gadget guy. It's why I work for an electronics company. The employee discount.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Man I wouldn't get the 22". It's the same resolution 1680 x 1050 as the 20" monitor. It's just blown up larger. You're not actually getting more screen real estate. For more screen area you want to get a monitor that is 1900 x 1200. That starts at 23 inches. 1900 x 1200 will support HD resolution.

If you're going to get a 1680 x 1050 display you might as well save a little money and get the Dell 20".

Ahh yes... hence the big price jump on anything over 22". I want a new monitor cause I'm using an older 17" dell LCD (4 years old!) but I don't really want to throw too much money on it considering I bought a 50" pioneer plasma a few months ago.

By the way the vizio (sp?) and westinghouse both make great HDTVs for their pricerange.

Thread Information