Anybody ever had to take recourse against the city for something ****ing your car up?

I'm so ****ing mad right now. I'm driving home from dinner w/ my fiance tonight, and we're going through downtown. Well, first off the city has the roads all torn up and there are nothing but orange barrells everyplace, so you cant just drive straight, its constant turning and weaving around barrells. Well, I'm driving straight and I'm in the far right lane, and the ****ing shoulder of the road basically ends and a curb juts out right against the lane. It comes out right to the white line, basically if your over the white line 1" w/ your tire(which is often easy to do riding in a turning lane) your ****ed and your running over this curb. Anyways, it blows two of my brand new tires on the right side, bends the god damn rim on the front tire, scrapes my front bumper, and busts the headlight bulb on the right side. So I pull over in this parking lot right after the curb and get out to look at my car. Then two crackheads come walking over to me and my girl in a dark parking lot looking at my car saying" Yeah, it ****ed up good, yo' your rim bent here yo. Hey my man, let me get some money" I told them I got a ****ed up car and I dont have the money, praying they didnt have a gun or something. So I get the car towed home, and drive my girls car back down there to take pics of the road and the way that curb juts out w/ no lighting and no cones or markers. Anyways, I'm going to go to city hall and talk to somebody about my estimate and/or bill, and if they have a problem with it I'm ****ing suing them. Has anybody ever had to do this?

chest6 is offline Banned
    thats weird as hell man. Put some pics on here once u get em. Thats fvcked u[p

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    if road construction or the lack of causes damage to your vehicle the county is supposed to pay for it. im sure theyll take care of it.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I once forced the city to pay for damages caused by the crackheads they employ to cut the right-of-ways....one of those huge mowers slung up a broken piece of concrete/pavement...it cracked my windshield..cost me 700 bucks..well my deductable was $1000...so I had to pay..so I sent went to the city..was sent to City DOT...they laughed and said it was a road hazard and is covered by insurance..and then told me to get lost...I mad a big stink, called every number in the blue pages...sent a few nsaty emails, then broke down and paid a lawyer 50 bucks to call them, he explained the deal with my deductable, and said that the city is liable for the damage because it was not road damage as the chunk of asphalt came from teh shoulder of the road and was the result of city work...they cut me a check for 1000...so I made a few buck on the back end!

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. I took more but unfortunately the lighting there sucked, I'm going back to take more tomorrow morning. But the curb just juts out, and the ****ing shoulder line disappears into this ****ing curb!!!!!And the phone pole w/ the light is like 12 ft over from the curb, it hardly lights the sidewalk let alone this curb!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody ever had to take recourse against the city for something ****ing your car up?-city-curb-005.jpg  

oh yeah, also notice how the shit just bends outward, then back in and starts another ****ing lane again. That light is not that bright when your driving, it looks brighter b/ of the reflection of the camera. When your driving it looks as if its all one side of the road, didnt even see the curb when I hit it, pure bullshit.

Thread Information