Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,693

    Question This Years Suicide Rate...

    For all the Sociology majors, you'll have an idea what I'm talking about... I've noticed, in Ontario, Canada, and over in California the weather has been fantastic (could be global, I dunno). Probably the best winter we have ever seen. All the southerners are laughing at me right now, "Guuuud wieeenter, Canida?!?!"... but yes, it's been rather mild, sunny, and enjoyable. From what I've learned, suicide rates are higher during winter season... almost an egoistic phase. Individuals become secluded to themselves and are not sufficiently bound to social groups (and therefore well-defined values, traditions, norms, and goals) were left with little social support or guidance, and therefore tended to commit suicide on an increased basis. I wonder, just WONDER if the tables will slightly turn this year... if our rates will have decreased slightly.

    Common Nark, whaddya think?

    If this belongs in the political forum, please delete it... it's scary in there!

    It's been a while since I studied these patterns, SO, please PLEASE correct me or provide new info... it's all fun and interesting.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    toys for twats truck
    Posts
    851
    that sucks, people need to keep killing themselves.... keeps population in control


    natural selection



    survival of the fittest



    only the strong will survive

  3. #3
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    Crazy...... what makes someone take there on life, to think things are so bad that its better to be nothing just let it all go,

    personally I think the majority of ppl that commit Suicide have other mental problems.

    I hope I never know what it is they feel .

  4. #4
    DamnYouMSN's Avatar
    DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    For all the Sociology majors, you'll have an idea what I'm talking about... I've noticed, in Ontario, Canada, and over in California the weather has been fantastic (could be global, I dunno). Probably the best winter we have ever seen. All the southerners are laughing at me right now, "Guuuud wieeenter, Canida?!?!"... but yes, it's been rather mild, sunny, and enjoyable. From what I've learned, suicide rates are higher during winter season... almost an egoistic phase. Individuals become secluded to themselves and are not sufficiently bound to social groups (and therefore well-defined values, traditions, norms, and goals) were left with little social support or guidance, and therefore tended to commit suicide on an increased basis. I wonder, just WONDER if the tables will slightly turn this year... if our rates will have decreased slightly.

    Common Nark, whaddya think?

    If this belongs in the political forum, please delete it... it's scary in there!

    It's been a while since I studied these patterns, SO, please PLEASE correct me or provide new info... it's all fun and interesting.
    suicide are actually the lowest in the winter and highest in spring.
    heres a ling to some facts http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/suifacts.htm

  5. #5
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    O mannnnn its gloomy outside, im gonna end it all.

  6. #6
    DamnYouMSN's Avatar
    DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    2,454
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    O mannnnn its gloomy outside, im gonna end it all.
    make sure you don't ruin the furniture....lol

  7. #7
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    7,524
    im gonna it neat and clean and just stick to the good old rope from something really sturdy from the ceiling haha

  8. #8
    Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,693
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    suicide are actually the lowest in the winter and highest in spring.
    heres a ling to some facts http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/suifacts.htm
    brilliant!! thank you... but i am still certain that I heard it is lowest in the winter somewhere... could be outdated information... I'll try to provide a fact.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •