Thread: Red Dragon

Valmont is offline Banned

Red Dragon

Saw this movie last night...It was great! Best of all three..great actting(Ed Norton was stellar)...definetly go see it if you get a chance.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    The Thomas Harris' book "Red Dragon" was actually already attapted to film. In 1986 Micheal Mann (Miami Vice, Heat) directed the crime thriller "Manhunter". It was/is a stylish drama that follows FBI profiler Will Graham as he tries to track down the serial killer known as The Tooth Fairy. I HIGHLY recommend this movie, although it didn't do real well in the theatre it was acclaimed by critics as one of the best dramas that year and is eerie and un-nerving. Will Graham is played by William Peterson (C.S.I.), Hannibal Lector is played by Irish actor Brian Cox who I feel gives a fantastic performance. His Lector is much more understated than Hopkins' but his gives a strong sense of cunningness and is very sinister and intelligent. Tom Noonan is brilliant playing the dual role of Francis Dolarhyde and The Tooth Fairy. If you have not already seen "Red Dragon" do yourself a favor and go rent Manhunter first!!

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Red Dragon was definately a hit. The book was definately given justice as it is portrayed on the big screen with intelligence,slight sinister humor, flaming corpses on wheel chairs, and Anthony Hoptkins at his sickest.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Manhunter in the reviews ive seen is suposed to be better then silence of the lambs. I hope this remake is as good as you guys say.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by palme
    Manhunter in the reviews ive seen is suposed to be better then silence of the lambs. I hope this remake is as good as you guys say.
    Remember..."Manhunter" and "Red Dragon" are two seperate movies based on the same book.

Ohh i didnt know that pete. Thanks.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    pete,

manhunter was extremely good! I am going to see red dragon in a couple of weeks!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I can remember being in high school working at a family friends movie store and he told me about this movie (Manhunter) so I took it home. I loved it! I watched atleast once a week I think, it was just awesome! Shortly there after when I was in the military I read the book ( A must read!). I say that Brian Cox? the Hannibal in Manhunter was good, but he didn't have that evilness that Sir. A. Hopkins has. I look forward to seeing this version of the movie. I'm curious as to how good Norton is as Will Graham, I thought William Peterson was good, and ever since Manhunter I look forward to watching his movies and tv shows. I still have the original Manhunter movie poster somewhere!

This one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red Dragon-manhunter_ver1.jpg  

Thread Information