Luv2eat is offline New Member

Soon some people may not be able to visit eBay, Craigslist, or this web site

That is unless you and the webmaster pay the Internet service provider an annual/every 6-month service charge (which will be optional for both parties). If you and the web master don't pay the extra fee you won't be able to access hundreds, thousands, millions of other web sites. We're talkin' about a virtual filter on the Internet kinda sorta like China has in place. We're talkin' about a virtual denial of service. That's the message that will be staring many people in the face when they try to go to their favorite web site: DENIAL OF SERVICE. (And there are many more negative ramifications.) I'm talkin' about the critical issue of Net Neutrality.

We'll know if they decide to filter the Internet on 12.21.2010.

That's the day of reckonin'.

It is on that day that the Federal Communications Commission will vote on rules that could stop companies like Time Warner, Comcast, Cox Cable, Verizon and AT&T from blocking where you go on the Internet. The vote is a test for President Obama and Chairman Julius Genachowski. Will they deliver on earlier promises and pass strong Net Neutrality rules, or will they cave to the phone and cable lobby and give us a fake version? Interested in watching them vote on this? Good. Cause we need your support. If you're in the neighborhood go to 445 12th Street, Washington, D.C., Room TW-C305. They'll start voting on it on or around 10:30 AM EST. If you're not in Washington, D.C. you can help the cause by going to SaveTheInternet dot com. And please be sure to a) sign the petition and b) get on their mailing list because if we can defeat the monopolies the monopolies will be back again. That's because they have a strong lobby and lots and lots of cash. They have no quit in them. So you can bet that they'll vote on this again in 365 days.

petiton to send to obama:
    http://act2.freepress.net/sign/red_p...ce=STIhomepage

short crash course on net neutrality:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWt0XUocViE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jHOn0EW8U

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    No way! I dont buy into this

Rodax is offline Associate Member
    No he's right, I work at a computing help desk, it's been a major issue that's been floating around for the last month or so. I didn't buy it at first and then lo and behold it keeps popping up more. and it could be bad almost to the point where you have one account that you use to log onto the internet and that account is what pays for the service and the govt runs it all...its insane. I didn't buy it but today they've been talking about it a lot and what the plan is for us as well if they pass that bill.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I didn't buy it first either but since rodax reassured us I guess its possible they will try.
    Howeever, I can't possibly see it working. So you're gonna charge us to use the internet... then charge us for the sites we visit too?

GTFOOH. I will assasinate Obama myself the day after this is approved. And then I will find all these gay lobbiers and kill them too. And
    the ones that don't die I'll lock in a room and poke them in the eye with a fork everytime they try to use google and see how they like it.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    I guess were safe. It's the 21'st and I just bought something off of ebay. Wasn't too concerned about this; internet censorship is just too hard if not impossible to do (at this time)

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Nah, it will happen. Not right now. But it will...

lil_herc81 is offline Member
    I guess it makes sense. Why wouldnt the GOVT want a cut from communication. And if not the govt im sure someone does. BS!!

D.Pump is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    In the future there will be a faster pay extra internet that is regulated and censored by the government and ISPs because they subsidize the cost for the upkeep and actual hardware (the fiber optics cables and such) and then there will be the "free" internet that is slow and crappy and is uncensored. big business/government is losing too much to this "free and open" internet just look at all the illegal movie downloads and wikileaks etc. In fact google COICA theyre already trying to create an internet blacklist that would force ISPs to ban certain domains if the State Department determines that they are propagating "illegal activities"

Thread Information