Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor

Anyone every Bounce?

Im not sure why, but I always wanted to be a bouncer. Not full time, but maybe just a weekend here or there. A few guys I know at my gym have bounced and they always have some interesting stories. Most of these guys are quite a bit taller then me and look pretty intimidating. In most cases, Im stronger and nearly the same weight, but only 5'9".

I have no training in self defense or MMA and haven't been in a fight since I was a kid. It would suck get my ass kicked by someone weighing 100 lbs less then me who has some skills.

How important is it to be able to fight, or is it enough to just look "bad ass".

Don't know if I'll ever live out this fantasy, but maybe......

Any words of advise?

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    Bouncing sucks bro...its just a bunch of baby sitting drunk people. dont worry about your size if you want to do it though. we had small guys @ the club i worked at but we also had a shit load of huge dudes too. there is always someone there to back you up. as long as you can hold your on for a few seconds your fine. but trust me its a hassle. Not worth $12/hour in my opinion.

alex18 is offline Member
    its not about being scary/tough/hard...its about the ability to talk to people, reason with them and calm a situation without the use of violence...the physical aspect of the job should be the last resort. I did it for 4 years, i enjoyed it but you soon get fed up of the ass holes.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by alex18 View Post
    its not about being scary/tough/hard...its about the ability to talk to people, reason with them and calm a situation without the use of violence...the physical aspect of the job should be the last resort. I did it for 4 years, i enjoyed it but you soon get fed up of the ass holes.
    Agree with you post.

I did it for years at some major clubs in philly. I loved it. Depending if you work the door or vip you can make alot of extra $$$. I never worked for $12 an hour

BTW i'm only 5'6.

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Agree with you post.

I did it for years at some major clubs in philly. I loved it. Depending if you work the door or vip you can make alot of extra $$$. I never worked for $12 an hour

BTW i'm only 5'6.
    Ya i was bouncing in a college town that why it sucked so bad i guess...and that why we didn't make shit i guess...there was no resolving the situation with words there. it was either a fight or everyone got along lol...alcohol......

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    Agree with you post.

BTW i'm only 5'6.
    Not that I would be in it for the money, but guys I know that bounced always had and angle for making hundreds of $ a night.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    I've bounced for over 10 years. No you don't have to be the biggest guy or trained in fighting. Like the guys above said, it's better to be able to talk to people and defuse the situation before it gets physical. I would rather work with a small guy who knows a lot of the patrons any day of the week over a big meathead who just wants to pound people.

And the money can be very good if you know what ur doing. I have worked in over 30 bars and nightclubs over the years and never took a job that was on the books. Just cash.

It's a great job to have on the side for extra cash. Always paid for my gas, groceries, supplements and spending money for the week.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Bounce wit me bounce wit me! My brother bounced a long time and I always thought his job sucked when i was at the club with to see him. Although he did get a lot of girls at that job. Never any super serious stuff and it was about ten years as well.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I've bounced at two different places. Never bounce at a dance club that is 18+ at times, it's a pain in the ass even though a lot of the 18 year olds are hot.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    I've bounced for over 10 years. No you don't have to be the biggest guy or trained in fighting. Like the guys above said, it's better to be able to talk to people and defuse the situation before it gets physical. I would rather work with a small guy who knows a lot of the patrons any day of the week over a big meathead who just wants to pound people.

And the money can be very good if you know what ur doing. I have worked in over 30 bars and nightclubs over the years and never took a job that was on the books. Just cash.

It's a great job to have on the side for extra cash. Always paid for my gas, groceries, supplements and spending money for the week.
    completely agree with this.

Bouncing was good extra cash. It rarely got physical when I bounced. When it did, the guy was usually too drunk to know what he was doing.

also, it's a great way to meet drunk chicks.

alex18 is offline Member
    yes it is a great way to get hot drunk chicks...but if you have a mrs already your fcked! and if you start dating one of these chicks you met at work she will expect you to give it up as you get more serious....talking from experience here!!!

D7M
    Blog Entries
    yes it is a great way to get hot drunk chicks...but if you have a mrs already your fcked! and if you start dating one of these chicks you met at work she will expect you to give it up as you get more serious....talking from experience here!!!
    ha

that's why I said, "a good way to meet drunk chicks"...

not date them.

alex18 is offline Member
    dont you just hate women who think they can change you!! haha

D7M
    Blog Entries
    dont you just hate women who think they can change you!! haha
    ha

it's so silly of them to think that

alex18 is offline Member
    stupid bitches.....

We always had certain regular girls who would always try hook up with bouncers...we called them door whores

D7M
    Blog Entries
    stupid bitches.....

We always had certain regular girls who would always try hook up with bouncers...we called them door whores
    LOL! yes! door whores! we had those too!!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    you will get to choke out some ***** frat boys for fun.

alex18 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    you will get to choke out some ***** frat boys for fun.
    jesus i mis read this at first and thought you were talking about doing something else to them!!!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Its all about getting the women lol...

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    if you dont got patience then its not worth it. youll be to stressed out and likely hurt someone. otherwise it can be an easy job that mainly consists of standing around talking.

alex18 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godkilla View Post
    if you dont got patience then its not worth it. youll be to stressed out and likely hurt someone. otherwise it can be an easy job that mainly consists of standing around talking.
    which can get boring....

Thanks for all of the comments guys. I knew we had bouncers on this site.

I have no opportunities now, but like I said, I know quite a few people. I'll look further into it. We only got one life to live. Better make the best of it, and experience what you want.

I just can't seem to talk my wife into a 3-some (another fantasy all together).

maybe take home some fat girls.........

Bring home someone from the bar and make them join the 3 some

Darksyde is offline Member
    standing at a door getting paid 10$ an hour to possibly get punched in the face every night. luckily drunk people cant fight very well. but sometimes they come back. i did used to find money on the ground all the time, and drugs.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Bouncing sucks but if you have a bad temper it can be fun.
    Saves you the trouble of going out looking for fights, plus you don't get thrown out in the end.
    But yeah you're basically babysitting idiots.

alex18 is offline Member
    watch the film road house....

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i did it for a few years at a place where my friend who bartended got me in. It got to be a pain in the ass. Even if you want no trouble ...at times it will find you. There are always drunk assholes ....sometimes they think they wanna fvck with the big dude for whatever reason , show off, etc...
    I wouldnt do it again ..money was ok ...not worth time away IMO and not worth giving up fri and sat nights either. A tip (not to sound like a d*ck or hard ass - didnt happen often) if u ever get in a physical altercation rule # 1 : if cops are called - YOU charge that individual with assault....right away ...even if they are laying on the ground.......

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    i did it for a few years at a place where my friend who bartended got me in. It got to be a pain in the ass. Even if you want no trouble ...at times it will find you. There are always drunk assholes ....sometimes they think they wanna fvck with the big dude for whatever reason , show off, etc...
    I wouldnt do it again ..money was ok ...not worth time away IMO and not worth giving up fri and sat nights either. A tip (not to sound like a d*ck or hard ass - didnt happen often) if u ever get in a physical altercation rule # 1 : if cops are called - YOU charge that individual with assault....right away ...even if they are laying on the ground.......
    We used to get one of the girls we knew there to say the guys assaulted them

D7M
    Blog Entries
    idk, where I bounced, the cops always took the side of the bouncers.

alex18 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    idk, where I bounced, the cops always took the side of the bouncers.
    i ended up in the cells on many occassions.. although never formally charged...

BTM0085 is offline Associate Member
    i got offered a bouncing job at a bar of shiLtheads, 120$ a night 9-4. I have no health insurance the owner seemed shady so i wasnt going to chance getting hurt and paying thousands in med bills., so i didnt take it. no matter how big you are theres always guys bigger badder and drunker that can walk through that door.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

bigt250 is offline New Member
    i bounce. i get paid to stand around and bullsh** with buddies and girls. the money isnt great but its enough to pay for some stuff. if we do have to fight at all, theres always someone at your back. its real easy if you have been there for a while because most everyone are regulars and respect you enough not to fight. my temper has gotten the better of me though a few times, but everyone sides with the bouncer.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    also i doubt BJJ would be all that helpful. if you get in a fight at the door, taking a guy down on concrete isn't fun for you either. and drunk people aren't going to "tap" and then be cool, so you'd just end up breaking peoples arms or choking them out. which isn't as easy to get out of as just punching them

and i wouldn't want to work fri/sat nights either. especially since there is really no reward...

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    I've done it once. But it wasn't at a bar...just some hip-hop poetry event. I'm not a fan of hip-hop, but the bouncer who was supposed to be there called in sick, and so my sister volunteered me. I used to be big back then; well, nothing compared to the guys on this site, but compared to the average human being.

I guess my experience doesn't really count, lol.

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    i owned a night club for 2 years it was 10k sq feet. i had a lot of bouncers. they were always sleeping with the girls and not once did they ever get in trouble for any of the fights. cops never even think it could have been the bouncers fault. if you are checking ids or in charge of vip u can make bank. i used to catch guys letting in minors for 20 bucks all the time. i would try it since u seem interested in it. the best part is its one of those jobs with a lot of turn over so u can get in quick and also leave quick if u dont like it.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightsout2184 View Post
    i owned a night club for 2 years it was 10k sq feet. i had a lot of bouncers. they were always sleeping with the girls and not once did they ever get in trouble for any of the fights. cops never even think it could have been the bouncers fault. if you are checking ids or in charge of vip u can make bank. i used to catch guys letting in minors for 20 bucks all the time. i would try it since u seem interested in it. the best part is its one of those jobs with a lot of turn over so u can get in quick and also leave quick if u dont like it.
    lol! my boss used to give us sht for that all the time!

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think it would be more of an ego thing for ya CGB... personally, I wouldn't want to do that at my ripe ol age of 34 now. I am stronger and probably rougher now then I was in my early 20's... but when I was in the army, we use to go into bars have a good time and sometimes things would fly and we didn't care with who. We fought many bouncers in fairly big brawls... I have laid out one before and one of my friends laid one out.... we also took our fair share of shots from them too. I guess it really depends on the type of bar you go bounce at... those use to be younger ones with frat kids back then....

I wouldn't want to be fighting like that all the time anymore.... I have hung out at lots of biker bars and i always avoid any confrontations as I got older and more mature, but there are many people that don't regardless of age and big fights break out in a bad way and I have seen some bad things happen from that type of stuff, knives, etc... I wouldn't want to bounce at those bars either... I guess i just pick the wrong places to have a good time maybe...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information