clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

weird question...

hey,
    this is kinda a weird question. and i'd just like yall to know i'm not really like this. i'm not a violent guy, i'm pretty much all smiles and good times (as you can maybe tell from my posts).

just need a little clarification. is it legal to kill someone who barges into your house? more specifically, a house that you rent. even more specifically, your name is not on the lease, but you live there?

3 people live in our house now, but only one person's name is on the lease. it was just easier that way. we all 3 pay rent, its just that one person's name is on the lease.

what if the two who aren't on the lease are home one day and someone tries to rob em with a bb gun, but they don't know its a bb gun. would they go to jail for killing the intruder?

sorry for such a morbid and downer post, but we were discussing this one day and we weren't sure.

thanks for the info,
    -- clocky baby

P.S. i live in texas...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You better have a pretty valid reason to kill somone. I mean sooo valid that you become the neighborhood hero.

You would have to PROVE your life was threatened. And you would probably spend some time in jail before trial with a heavy bail. Lawyer fees racking up, and even if you made your case and won - now you are labled as a "potential" murderer... not the reputation you would want or a police report you would want to be affilitated with. You would be a marked man by law enforcement as "the guy that killed that other guy".

I don't think killing someone would make life easier... my .02...

yeah, sounds crappy. but consider this situation. you walk in your own home to find both your roommates tied up on the ground, with a dude standing above them with a gun to their heads. you creep up behind him and smack him a little too hard in the back of the head with a baseball bat. you can get in trouble for that? i just doesn't seem right...

on a funnier note, did yall hear about the burgler sueing the guy he was trying to rob for shooting him? appearently some guy broke into someone else's house, got shot and is now sueing. i think thats kinda funny...=)

-- clocky baby

Originally posted by clockworks
    yeah, sounds crappy. but consider this situation. you walk in your own home to find both your roommates tied up on the ground, with a dude standing above them with a gun to their heads. you creep up behind him and smack him a little too hard in the back of the head with a baseball bat. you can get in trouble for that? i just doesn't seem right...

-- clocky baby
    If I came home and found any of my friends (or anyone for that matter) being held at gun point - point blank... consider the dude sniped. I would probably do it - i mean... the motive is there... time is short... gun is at point blank and it looks as though they are about to be killed. Yeah, you couldn't shoot to wound because he could still follow through with his trigger finger. But a bat? I suppose - if I could get close enough and did not have a gun.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    you better make sure that the fuc#er is dead bc one story is ALWAYS better than two. and you better make sure that he is in the house and no shots were fired outside or any sign that he tried to escape. if there is any sign that he tried to get away your screwed. but if you show that he came with the intention to rob and kill you then you can get away.

and on a funnier note if he is dead than he can't sue you.

ok maybe that wasn't so funny

Originally posted by H BOMB
    ok maybe that wasn't so funny
    hehe na, i chuckled...=)

If no bat is available, next choice - you could always throw an empty dart at him and forget to aspirate .

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Warrior
    If no bat is available, next choice - you could always throw an empty dart at him and forget to aspirate .
    ROFLMAO that one came out of the blue the missus is looking at my laugh like im some sort of fuckin looney tune........HITMAN

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Umm...just curious...is there a body stashed in your basement? Are you waiting to find out if your in the "clear" and then call the cops?!?!

You just went into so much detail...feels like it already happened

Drama... dadadada dummmmm...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    like h bomb said you can get away with it as long as the guy isnt trying to get away. Like if he was climbing out the window with a gun you would be screwed because your life wasnt threatened he was tring to leave. but yea your story with your freinds tied up your in the clear
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    oh i forgot also if you hit him with the bat once or twice and he died your ok. But if they find out you beat him to death you screwed. Cause after the first or second shot ih he just dropped and was unconsious (sp) and then you beat him to death that would be murder
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Nibbe is offline Junior Member
    I'd atleast crush his balls with the bat after he's knocked out. Just so that he'd remember me for a loooong time.

Originally posted by Terinox
    Umm...just curious...is there a body stashed in your basement? Are you waiting to find out if your in the "clear" and then call the cops?!?!

You just went into so much detail...feels like it already happened
    haha, umm no...lets talk about something else, now ok? sooo, you guy's like working out?

-- clocky baby

LMFAO!!!

Yeah - you know... it keeps me in shape and the Men's Fitness subscription worth it. Oh... and it helps me better manuever when I am TRYING TO KILL SOMEONE!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    LOL so you killed this guy that broke into your home. Thing his he didnt know you guys were at home and pulled up a bb gun to scare you, but it didnt work and you ended up killing him.

Either turn yourself in or get rid of the body.

Originally posted by palme
    LOL so you killed this guy that broke into your home. Thing his he didnt know you guys were at home and pulled up a bb gun to scare you, but it didnt work and you ended up killing him.

Either turn yourself in or get rid of the body.
    how much does it cost to mail a 175lb package to sweden?

Originally posted by Warrior
    LMFAO!!!

Yeah - you know... it keeps me in shape and the Men's Fitness subscription worth it. Oh... and it helps me better manuever when I am TRYING TO KILL SOMEONE!
    haha! maybe i should look into this Men's Fitness magazine...

Originally posted by clockworks

how much does it cost to mail a 175lb package to sweden?
    One word: Desert.

No, no, no... go to the Police and say "you see... what had happened was..." before the body begins to bloat and stink

Strut99GT is offline Member
    C: I believe the idea is that you can kill to prevent being killed basically, which would probably also apply to friends. So yeah, if you found your boys being held up, then you could bust a cap in the guy holding them up.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Another thing to consider here is Clocky lives in Texas. Texas laws on weapons are pretty light. I mean the CHL class is easier than 3rd grade English as long as you can handle 10 hours of law learning without dosing off.

Not to long ago here(Houston) a man got into an argument on a street with another guy. They began to chase each other in their car when finally one of them cut the other guy off and started walking up to the car with a crow bar. The guy pulled out a gun, unloaded 3 shots in the crow bar mans chest and that was the end of it. Fill out a report and go eat a burger.

If your life is threatened in a home of which you are welcome, then the threat has to be eliminated. Think about if you were staying at a girlfriends house and an intruder busted in. You wouldn't say "sorry sweetheart, you have to go shoot this guy because your names on the lease."

Justification for shooting an armed robber is pretty easy to determine. If you genuinly felt fear for your life, then plug the fucker. Even better if you roomates are their for witnesses.

When you take a CHL class, they specifically say to do whats neccessary to stop lethal force. Don't shoot them in the leg, or arm, or head. Aim for vital organs in the body cavity.
    And if you ever take the class, make sure to throw away your target from the class, never keep a target. If you shoot some guy in the head and say it was an accident, they will take a look back at your targets and see how good your shooting is. If you have clusters around the heart and stomach on your target then you'd be in a bit of trouble.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    In the state of Louisiana, you can legally kill someone who breaks into your home or breaks into your car (while you are in it). The funny part is, if you don't kill them, they have a valid lawsuit. So, it's recommended that you go for the head or chest.

Thread Information