Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by The Baron

You most certainly can. Read the TCC for the straight answers. They teach this when you take the course in TX to qualify for a concealed handgun license. You may use deadly force to effect the recovery of stolen property that you might otherwise not reasonably expect to recover. You may also, during the hours of darkness, use deadly force to stop an act of "criminal mischief".

The laws in Louisiana are not as intimately known to me, because while I do live in New Orleans, I do not posess a LA license. LA has reciprocity with TX. I HAD to learn TX laws.
    Yeah - your permit is much different. We were specifically told that you can not use a weapon in protection of private property. Many times. You can't shoot someone trying to steal your car stereo. Only for personal protection from immediate danger that could cause severe bodily harm.

That is really strange man, your gun laws are really relaxed...

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by The Baron

You do not need any sort of paperwork to own any sort of gun in TX or LA or most other states, except for destructive devices or machine guns which are rather tightly regulated. The constitution, specifically the 2nd ammendment, gaurantees that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The liberal yankee bastards up north often disagree with this simple fact and prefer that only the criminals and the state have guns, but I would not live in such a place where I must meekly comply with a hoodlum who HAS a gun because he does not CARE about the law.

Of course I can carry a gun in public, with certain exceptions in certain places, such as in a school, bar, courthouse, or the secure side of an airport terminal or a federal building or installation. In Texas one cannot carry openly except under certain circumstances such as when traveling or engaged in sporting events involving firearms, though in rural areas this isn't rigidly enforced. Normally in TX one must carry hanguns properly concealed and must be licensed to do so. The state is REQUIRED to issue a license to any qualified applicant. Louisiana has similar laws except that open carry is legal. No license is required for open carry. Concealed carry is legal with a license, and LA just happens to recognize TX licenses. The city of new orleans now allows concealed carry without a license but in most of the rest of the state concealed carry without a license is a crime, a misdemeanor, I believe, and arrests are rare unless the individual seems to be up to no good, is a convicted felon, or is not in posession of his faculties of reason.

The criminals have guns. The cops do, too, but have extremely rigid rules that often hinder them and prevent them from using deadly force to effect the capture of a criminal. So the criminals are not the least bit scared of the cops. The only thing that truly controls crime is to make the criminal fear his potential victim. Armed honest citizens are a criminal's worst nightmare. Even in places like up north where you can actually go to jail for defending your home or your person from a dangerous criminal, often, the "victim" decides it is better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by 6 and so the perpetrator is toast. In more right-minded locales, it is a given that you can take whatever steps necessary to ensure the safety of yourself, other people, or your property. The onus is of course on the criminal, where it belongs, because if he wants to live a long life, he need do nothing more than simply choose not to perform criminal acts. Cops investigate a crime after it occurs. They do not prevent the crime, because they were not there to prevent it. Armed citizens, on the other hand, DO prevent crimes through the simple expedient of shooting the person intent on doing them harm at the time of their attack.

It can be said by those apologists and guilt ridden middle class liberals that the criminal is simply a victim of his environment, and that it is simply wrong to shoot somebody for, say, breaking into your house and stealing your TV, or raping your daughter, or terrorizing your family, etc. I say this... there is a job for everybody who wants one in this country. They aren't all great jobs, often paying far less than thievery or dealing crack, but they are jobs and one can eke out an existence on them and even raise a family. I say, if you want to live, then live right and do the right thing. No law abiding person is going to hunt another human being down for no reason, and no reasonable person is going to shoot another over a simple argument. It simply doesn't happen except among the criminals or the drug crazed madmen who increasingly are taking over our public housing projects and poorer areas of many cities.

Ultimately, democracy and justice and freedom originate from the point of a sword or the barrel of a gun. A weapon is the great equalizer. Do you think King John was feeling fine one lovely morning at Runnymede and just felt like signing away half of his royal perogative with the Magna Carta? No, I think it might have had something to do with all those knights and barons and dukes and stuff with all those great big pointy swords. Telling them "Hey, I'm the f@cking KING, so you little people can kiss my royal ass" probably would not have gone over too well. Another king of England also had to be persuaded through force of arms that 13 small but determined colonies ought to be free and independant states. The infant Republic of Texas did not negotiate with General Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana, president of Mexico. The vastly outnumbered and outgunned Texans captured the asshole fleeing the field of battle through force of arms by determined and righteous men. That is the way it has been throughout history. The first thing a totalitarian regime does on assuming power is to disempower the people, chiefly by disarming them. Even those democracies that seem to have sprung up by themselves are generally allowed to happen by greater nations who guarantee through the potential threat of armed intervention free and open elections. NOTHING is more democratic than every law abiding man having a gun.

OF COURSE my guns are loaded, to answer your question. What good would it be, otherwise? If I own it and it is not being disassembled for cleaning or maintainence, it is ready for immediate use, even if it is stored in my safe. And there is a sign on my door:

"Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot some more."

So far nobody has called me out on this.

Well, that's my rant for the day.
    good read Baron, I agree 100%....I plan on getting my concealed weapon permit later on this year sometime....in the meantime I'll be packing in my car

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Im holdin...

Walther 380 PPKS
    Berretta 32
    Berreta 357mag 6' barrel stainless steel
    SKS Assault Rifle 7.62mm w/ banana clip
    Mosberg pump 9 shot roit shotgun w/pistol grip
    Russian over and under shot gun

I think thats about it... Ohh i also have my concealed weapon permit. Just incase...

OG

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    damn og i'm glad we are friends

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    SKS is a 9 pound peice of junk
    Last edited by jarrett; 01-21-2003 at 12:56 PM.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by jarrett
    SKS is a 9 pound peice of junk
    ya, but they sure are fun as hell to shoot!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Warrior
    "Im ILL Mitch, now listen to me storming
    When in Sweden - you'll know me an Excess are forming
    ...Palme shall call me lord master...
    ...You gonna run? ILL Mitch run faster"

WORD!!!

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    Strum-Ruger P89 9mm
    Winchester .357\.308
    Red Rider pump action BB Gun

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    I own a few guns (legally) and my dad owns many. I agree that guns don't kill people... people kill people Which is why I disagree with the government of Canada wanting every gun owner to register their guns. Out of all the deaths cause by guns per year, I be shocked if more then 1% of them were cause by a legally perchased fire arm. But to make the fucking cronic complainers happy we have to register everything. When its not us (hunters) causing the problems but the criminals. The US is another story though. Okay by allowing concealed firearms in texas crime has decreased, but if guns were as hard to obtain in Texas as they are here, you wouldn't need to conceal a gun. Personally anyone that carries a gun around in my eyes is a fucking PUSSY! I don't carry a gun and if you pull one out on me; you sure as hell better be able to shoot and you better make that shot count, cause I'll fucking beat the guy to death that tries. Then I'll repeatedly shoot his legs till they look like pasta with his own gun.. so that he is stuck in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. Stats don't lie, US has 10x the population of Canada but divide the number of deaths and injuries cause by guns in the states by 20 if you want and its still 10 times as much as there is in canada.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I won 7 GUns,

all for hunting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information