MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Pitcher dies - ephedrine?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0217/1510257.html

It's terrible that a guy that young dies, but it sounds to me like he had a pre-exsisting condition that lead to his death...
    I don't see how ephedrine could have played a role in his death.

C'mon guys. How many of you take products w/ Ephedrine in it?
    Do occurances like this make you want to stop using the products?

Decoder is offline Banned
    One of my good friends sister, died in her sleep on her HONEYMOON because of Ephedrine, last october.

Originally posted by Decoder
    One of my good friends sister, died in her sleep on her HONEYMOON because of Ephedrine, last october.
    That really sucks, but how did they determine that it was related to ephedrine?

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    ahh yeah that can definetely lead to someones death, remember ephedrine raises body temp, sounds like he really pushed himself hard, you'd think a pro athlete would know his limitations, 108 degrees is friggin hot

Sorry to hear about your friends sis decoder.

nuke is offline Member
    Dude, Ive been taking Hydroxycut and Xenadrine ( WHICH IS WHAT HE WAS ON ) off and on for two years...

It was 85 degrees in Fort Lauderdale...He heated up internally.
    Why do we take it for energy and to boost workouts..
    I personally had a lecture from my wife about it. That guy had a wife that was 7 months pregnant. Fucking dead over 12 lbs...

Man There has to be safer stuff on the market !

Sorry for the ranting but it freaks me out.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by nuke

Not to give you shit, but I think the appropriate response should be "Man, there has to be smarter consumers IN the market!"

Just BG's daily $.02

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen

Not to give you shit, but I think the appropriate response should be "Man, there has to be smarter consumers IN the market!"

Just BG's daily $.02
    word

Decoder is offline Banned
    Well the girl had high blood pressure, and it says on the bottle not to take if you have that problem, her heart rate was really high on it, she was working out hard everyday in my gym to look good for her wedding, and on the honey moon, they went on a cruise and she had an afternoon nap, her husband went to wake her up and she was dead, I dont know the specific's because i don't want to bother my friend about his sister but, It boosted her heart rate and blood pressure. Her father was in the gym too working out everyday trying to look good for the weeding, it all seems like it was for nothing.
    Last edited by Decoder; 02-19-2003 at 11:36 AM.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I personally have been taking stacker2s 2 pills a day at once for a while now I do it before wrestling practice go through practice no problem but dead tired after word personally i have not had any bad experiances on it except if I take it to late i dont get any sleep I my body got use to 1 pill I just use it for energy and lost a good 10 pounds me and my dad were taling about it he told me to stop taking it cause he heard alot of people were getting hurt I told him its the people that take it for granet and start taking 4 pills a day and the have problems with there heart or blood pressure I had to tell my uncle to stop taking it cause he had heart problems but its stuff like this that is going to get it banned which really suck because its a good producet for weight lose I think personaly

durbin22 is offline Member
    The media has been blaming ephedrine for athletes deaths for a while. I think that some athletes are abusing the supplement along with training in the heat. Mix the two together and you could get heat stroke. I am not saying he was abusing ephedrine but saying he died because he took it is bullshit.

IMO Ephedrine is just like anything else...If you abuse it, then you can expect some sides effects. And if you have a pre exsisting condition like high blood preasure, heart problems, etc then you shouldn't be taking it.

I agree... it's easy to blame ephedrine for a pro ball players death when you know half these guys are out of shape coke heads...

It's also easy to blame ephedrine when some stupid fuck OD's on it... 25mg is good, so DUH 500mg will be better! Gee look at that, heart damage... I wonder why.

Sorry folks... venting here... peoples stupidity is beyond me at times... and the idiots in the media (who wouldn't know an honest story if it rammed them up the ass with a 24in dildo) who have to put a sensationalistic spin on everything... GRRRR.

Incidentally,home brewed ECA (I buy the components and "roll my own") has helped me drop over 40 lbs of fat - ALONG WITH a good diet and hard cardio work outs.

Red - Screaming like Charlie Brown when he tries to kick the football and misses because that little cunt Lucy takes it away.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    • The temperature was 108 degrees...Xenadrine can increase body temperature.
    • He had high blood pressure...Xenadrine can increase blood pressure.
    • He hadn't eaten solid foods in 2 days.
    • He had liver problems.
    • He was overweight.

I feel bad for him and his family, but it seems like he didn't give himself a chance.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Very good points made there EXCESS. It's in situations like this steroids and supplements get bad names. I do feel sorry for his family and the whole situation and all.

nuke is offline Member
    Make that his internal or body temp was 108. It was 85 degrees that day.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Make that his internal or body temp was 108. It was 85 degrees that day.
    My mistake, I should have made that clear.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    the local paper buy me had a huge artical about it. 95 percent was about ephedrina and the dangers and how it was the cause of his death. There there was 2 lines from his trainer saying that he had a weight problem and was out of shape.

I undertand the 1st amendment and the reason for it. But there should be something to monitor wha tthey write. Or atleast hold the mmore liable for printing bulshit stuff to sell papers
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Dude, Ive been taking Hydroxycut and Xenadrine ( WHICH IS WHAT HE WAS ON ) off and on for two years...

It was 85 degrees in Fort Lauderdale...He heated up internally.
    Why do we take it for energy and to boost workouts..
    I personally had a lecture from my wife about it. That guy had a wife that was 7 months pregnant. Fucking dead over 12 lbs...

Sorry for the ranting but it freaks me out.
    Ephedrine is thermogenic, correct, but it DOES NOT raise your body temp even a full degree. To raise your body temp a full degree would be a drastic increase in BMR. Ephedrine causes a MAX of maybe a 3% increase in BMR. I doubt seriously that all these deaths can be attributed soley to ephedrine.

Southern Cross is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by EXCESS
    • The temperature was 108 degrees...Xenadrine can increase body temperature.
    • He had high blood pressure...Xenadrine can increase blood pressure.
    • He hadn't eaten solid foods in 2 days.
    • He had liver problems.
    • He was overweight.

I feel bad for him and his family, but it seems like he didn't give himself a chance.
    [/QUOTE

Exactly

Infinity Driven is offline New Member
    Guys, the same thing was said about Korey Stringer when he died.

Ever taken a look at him?

He was probably morbidly obese. He also hadn't taken his asthma meds the day he croaked.

Bottom line: don't blame the drugs. Blame the morons that take too much or take them despite prior health concerns.

--ID

Thread Information