daem is offline Anabolic Member

moral hypothetical for all you...

everyone always says how they would love to work at customs since you would be cycling for free for the rest of your life, but did you ever think that you would be confiscating gear that bros on this board and others paid for?

my hypo is this...if you did work at customs and confiscated a good amount of gear to keep for yourself, would you use it knowing it could be someone on here that you are screwing? make it a double whammy by actually reading a post from someone who just spent a good part of their budget on a super cycle that matched the one you inherited underhandedly...

maybe im just off the wall in my assumption that everyone would be looking out for themselves, but to those who have been scammed or gotten shit confiscated im sure it would make you think twice before putting some vials in the pocket to disturb the great karmic beasts...

who am i kidding though, if it were a couple hundred IUs of HGH I would have no remorse then again, i am a bastard

Well, if I worked at customs, I would not EVER keep anything I confiscated.

Think about it... is it worth taking the chance of losing a nice cushy government job for the sake of a few hundreds of dollars of gear?

Screw that!

Red

roch is offline Member
    I'm with red. you can just become a huge source and make a lucrative business empire on the side. kinda like scarface with steroids

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by roch
    I'm with red. you can just become a huge source and make a lucrative business empire on the side. kinda like scarface with steroids
    but wouldn't that negate the whole not taking anything for yourself unless you were scamming people?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I wouldn't take anything. Free gear isn't worth losing the big paycheck.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Hell yea I'd keep it. What the hell are you guys thinkin

mammoth is offline Member
    Some people would and some people wouldn't. Me, I wouldn't simply because of the ramifications of begin caught. I wouldn't be worried about losing the so-called "high-paying" government job. I would be more worried about the prison sentence I would recieve for abuse of authority and possession, and whatever else they could slap you with.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    not even that, its mail fraud. and thats a huge penalty as well. tampering with any kind of US mail is a big no-no.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, if you didn't take anything, just re-packaged everything and approved it to be sent on, you'd be breaking a law (the one that says you gotta confiscate contraband). On the other hand, if you kept the stuff, you'd be stealing. And if you confiscated the stuff or set the guy up for a controlled delivery, you'd be violating the notion that says punishment should fit the crime.
    . No way to win in this game.
    . I might consider taking a sample and sending the rest on, I dunno. Hard to say unless you're actually in those circumstances.

Slypknot is offline Member
    To be honest - if a person was of the moral stature to actually keep/use the gear they confiscated.... what's to stop them from selling it?

Hypo - Guy works with customs and confiscates some gear. He later reads about it on this board.... If the guy was cheesy enough to steal the shit, what's to stop him from selling it right back to the bro who originally ordered it.

Thread Information