Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Having a bit more fun here!

Ok, borrowed the body of one of our users for this one... 5 points if you can guess who.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Design A Logo CONTEST-realsolidmuscle.jpg  

hmmm I don't like the light reflections on his right arm... gonna have to rework this a bit.

Farmer is offline Member
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup

Ok, borrowed the body of one of our users for this one... 5 points if you can guess who.
    derr I forgot but his name has canada in it or something...I would say he is from canada but then that would apply to 99% of the damn board

Peace

Farmer

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    YoungGUNZ?

ichiban is offline Female Member
    This has nothing to do with the coloring contest going on here but....ya'll are so funny! Ya'll crack me up!

popa is offline Senior Member

dunno who that is but I could tell one thing he's dammm skinny and needs alot of work

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Partyboy, thanks for the hard work on that design. Man, that is going to be tough to beat. LOL

Mentalism is offline Junior Member
    I'll take the protien whenever.... =p

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    is it swolecat?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

jason

anything to help you out my friend,hahaahaha. i'm here for you brotha, but not in that way sicko!!!!!hahaha

Originally posted by BLOOD
    YoungGUNZ?
    5 points for Blood!

I was looking in the pics section for a good bicep shot... changed my mind whan I saw YoungGunz pics again

Red

Heres another one fellas. I'm not really handy with photoshop and all that...also I have no friggin clue how to do letters. Any help on letters would be greatly appreciated. Heres another one for you all to ponder. hooray!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Design A Logo CONTEST-try2.jpg  

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Symatech-- that logo looks like a Widespread Panic shirt on roids!! Sweet!

bump, keep them coming guys

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I am the worst at this kind of shit...but thought I would give someone an idea if they know how to do it.

Have the AR character as a skinless man. What I am trying to say is find a pic of detailed muscles and then put that in and then do something esle with the rest.

That would be cool Shredz. I have also imagined a robotic muscular figure within the logo before, but I know that I couldn't do it. Some of us our better supporters than designers when it comes to graphics.

Hmmm that gave me a good idea Shredz!

Time to scan a few pictures from the book I picked up at the plastination exibit in London earlier this year... hmmm! If my memory is good, there is even a picture of an athlete flexing in the book.

Gonna have to fire up ole mr. photoshop when I get home from work tonite!

Red

gotta bump, come on guys, we need some more.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, bump for someone to give me an idea as to how to make words in photoshop that aren't simple text...like Red Ketchup's at the top of page 2 (this page, unless it gets pushed to 3)

BigGreen ... Ok, first of all you must realize that you work in layers in Photoshop. With laters comes amazing control on your images, and writing.

So choose a font, write somehting... blamo a layer is formed for that writing.

Now the fun starts...

Then you highlight the text, and hit the "Warp Text" button (its a T... with a little curved arrow, it's up in the text formatting bar that appears when you are using the text function)

Warp text is half the fun... I'll let you play with that.

Then once you got an effect you like, you go into the "Layers" window and double click on the text layer (or in the pull down menu, choose "Layer styles - blending options").

Now the REAL party starts

Thats where you play with shadows, overlays (way cool!), texture (ohhh yeah!) and so on. Just play with them until you get somehting you like.

And thats part of the Photoshop fun

(Still working on my raw muscle dude btw)

Red

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sorry I haven't chimed on this gents... but I am not really sure what you need Jason... is it a logo you need - a 2-3 color symbol for SolidMuscle.com that would be used as a corporate identity... business cards and such...

Or is the AR logo going to be used and you just need a fancy images for HTML playing with the domain name in the header? If so, can you show us some Web sites that you like? So we can get an idea what you want. Maybe try the Webby Awards site for some ideas.

Before you guys start scanning copyrighted pictures you should know there are laws that protect the use of other folks work - yes, even photographers. But that doesn't mean you can't use photographs as templates to create something from it.

BigGreen - run the photoshop tutorial CD if you have one. It will knock out a lot of basics right off the bat. If this is an Internet bootmothafukin copy - search the site you downloaded it from for the tutorial application for the version of Photoshop you have.

Hee hee no worries about copyrighted stuff Warrior... I'm only having fun with photoshop here... sure as heck not expecting any of my entries to be chosen.

But this is fun

Red

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    guess i'll have something to play with tomorrow...thanks guys

Hee hee no worries about copyrighted stuff Warrior... I'm only having fun with photoshop here... sure as heck not expecting any of my entries to be chosen.

But this is fun

Red
    ditto

Originally posted by Warrior
    Sorry I haven't chimed on this gents... but I am not really sure what you need Jason... is it a logo you need - a 2-3 color symbol for SolidMuscle.com that would be used as a corporate identity... business cards and such...

Or is the AR logo going to be used and you just need a fancy images for HTML playing with the domain name in the header? If so, can you show us some Web sites that you like? So we can get an idea what you want. Maybe try the Webby Awards site for some ideas.

Before you guys start scanning copyrighted pictures you should know there are laws that protect the use of other folks work - yes, even photographers. But that doesn't mean you can't use photographs as templates to create something from it.
    I did a little bit of reading at some of the logo sites, so I am going to try giving a better description. You can look at our current logo at anabolic review and see that it doesn't have to be anything dramatic. We want something a little bit lighter in color. We don't want the dark that you see with a steroid website. This will be like a muscle and fitness magazine, online. Light in color somehow using our logo and some text. Professional, yet simple. Strong, but light. It doesn't have to be over dramatic, or use a ton of colors. Just a good clean logo with our basic logo somehow involved. Does that help?

I'm not happy yet. Come on guys, I am sending you free protein here. I will hook you up. Somebody has got to be running low on protein.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Not me!

Jason, check your PMs...

PM sent

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    6/2 - I just saw this thread, been gone for awhile moving and stuff

If you still need designs, PM me or post here....I can throw some hot shit togethor...so let me know

K'Fit

KunipshunFit we are always looking for contributors. If you want to help with this or anything else, you are more than welcome to. I am going to talk to Warrior later on this afternoon and we are going to try to come up with something for SolidMuscle. But we have over 150 websites so we will need more logos and graphic work as time goes on.

Jason, need a bit more info on the background of the website....

here is one random idea i did while talking on the phone for work...

Fonts are different on purpose to get an idea of what you want....this is just a doodle while i was on the phone...

Most logo's need to be simplistic in design, and complex in feel...so that's why i need more info.

sorta like this is obviously gonna be something to do with weight lifting, but is it gonna be techy looking, or cartoonish, etc etc...

pm me or something

K'Fit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Design A Logo CONTEST-random-idea-1.jpg  

phone rang again..lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Design A Logo CONTEST-random-idea-2.jpg  

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    as an animation student now, i previously took a year in pre-design(concepts and communication/graphic design ect ect)sort of as a pre req. for animation, and actually have created a couple of logos for local bussiness's in the ottawa area (including a gym) is it too late for submitions? die have too dig up my portfolio but i have a scanner...
    thanks
    tank

I was letting the logo define the colors of the website. I don't have a vision for the website yet. Techy probably more than cartoonish.

Originally posted by KunipshunFit
    Jason, need a bit more info on the background of the website....

here is one random idea i did while talking on the phone for work...

Fonts are different on purpose to get an idea of what you want....this is just a doodle while i was on the phone...

Most logo's need to be simplistic in design, and complex in feel...so that's why i need more info.

sorta like this is obviously gonna be something to do with weight lifting, but is it gonna be techy looking, or cartoonish, etc etc...

pm me or something

K'Fit

I have warrior working on this right now, so I probably needs to see what he comes up with first, before I say this is still open. We have A LOT of websites to develop so I will let warrior try his hand at it, and the next website that I develop I will contact you and thetank. It won't be long from now, I'm sure of it. Look for more websites within the next month or two.

is anybody still workin on these?

nah, this is pretty old. Warrior put together a good one and technically won, but he moved and the project got delayed.

the_rebirth is offline Member
    heres my attempt i only put 5min into it

~Ricky

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    oh partyboy...u crack me up doode

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information