chevy44 is offline Member

today fu*** sucks

so my old H.S football Coach asked me to help him demolish the old locker room to make room for new lockers. i wasnt sure if we were actually going to WORK today (just sort things out, like he said) but turns out, things changed, and we were tearing everything out ie; concrete walls, concrete benches etc. so anyways i was banging away w/ that tool that shakes a spike vigorously to break concrete (i think its called a jack hammer) anyways, being it was my first time i was all over the place. and it didnt help that this thing weighed 90lbs! so finally im cathcing onto this machine, and i start tearing away at a bench from the side and bam the thing falls on my small toe(im wearing sneakers) and my hand was holding on to the lever so it was banging away at my poor little toe! anyways i stop the machine and take my shoe off (away from everybody to ensure noone saw my stupid ass mistake) and my whole sock was bloody. i was thinking SHIT i lost my little toe son of a bitch. then i take my sock off and my fucking little toe is attached, but destroyed. the nail was gone and the toe was in 3 pieces omg i almost threw up. anywasy to make a long story short, i went to the hospital, they numbed me up and stitched the bitch back together, but now theres no activitly for at elast 4 days! and im in week two of my cycle!

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Shotty luck dude!

They shouldn't have let you touch that equipment without the proper safety equipment...

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    i'm surprised that they gave you that thing without steel toe boots! shit like that isn't uncommon with those things!

sorry to hear about the accident bro...best wishes for a quick recovery!

secretagentswole is offline Junior Member
    thats a law suit waiting to happen, your there to learn and play football, not to do manual labor for the school board. dumb son of a bitches, I hate the clicky ass school board and there ways, thats why they contract companies out and not get there old players to do the shit. Now you are majorly injured.

Er... bro...

No offence or flames or anything, but what the heck were you thinking doing that kind of work without any safety gear? Without steel toed boots, safety glasses, lumbar support belt (jackhammers are damm heavy and unwieldy!) and sturdy work gloves you're just asking for trouble...

I guess you got no choice but to take it easy and let the toe heal properly. You don't wanna mess with your feet, they're too important.

Take care bro...

Red

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    SUE THE SCHOOL AND THE COACH!!!

Sorry to hear wut happened, but unless you were an experienced user, you should NOT have been using such heavy machinery for the very first time!! Solo none the less! Oh well, learned your lesson I guess, hope it heals soon, good luck.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    sorry to hear bout that. shit happens

i used a jackhammer to take out my concrete porch and never had an accident. I wore safety glasses to protect from flying debri but that was it. it was all straight down work not like it was hard to control. made me sore as hell though vibrated my brains out.

thinking about it now, i was pretty dumb for not having any steel toe boots! but u live and u learn! and now that i have 91/2 toes i think ill wear some steel toe next time!

homeboy is offline New Member
    hey bro always where saftey boots your not the onley one i heard of a few guys that happened to.safety gear always.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry to hear about your toe... Don't beat yourself up too bad, like the bros said, SHIT HAPPENS...

and just think, if you'd had steel toes on you may have cut the whole end of your foot off depending on how heavy the concrete was..

you'll live...

I'm pretty well sold on work boots...

One of the mechanics at work was removing the front bucket off a 446b Caterpillar backhoe (nice big 3.5 cu yard one). He messed up, foot was in wrong place, and the bucket fell on his foot... blade down!

I was in the office when it happened (and being a FF/EMT guess who had to resq that guy...) Most of the bones in his foot were crushed and broken, and the steel toe pinned his foot in the boot. A bit of reconstructive surgery and some rest and he ended up fine.

On the other hand, had he not been wearing boots, the buckets blade would have severed his foot clear off. Amputation by crushing isn't usually too easy to re-attach.

Been pretty anal about wearing workboots since then

Red

well ive been HOPPING around since tuesday, so i think im sold on themto !

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    3 pieces...son of ***** .....hope your shit doesnt hurt you in the future too much...sorry to hear dude

Thread Information