BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member

Doctors avising 14 year old

I have a friend whos 14 year old son was advised by doctors to stop weight lifting and (crossfit) .
    This due to the fact that weightlifting is hindering him to grow taller.
    Kid is kinda buildt and very athletic!
    Doctors are advising him to swim instead lol.
    By the way his mother is very short in stature where as his father is a tall bro.
    Anyways, just wanted to hear all you bros opinion on this situation
    Thanks is advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Blog Entries
    If they can't show him any proof as to why lifting will hinder his linear growth, there is no point in changing the things he enjoys as a teenager. I was one of the tallest kids in middle school and i had plenty of friends shorter than me who lifted regularly at that age and they have grown substantially taller since middle school while i didn't grow at all.

IMO lifting does little to nothing to damage linear growth and i've noticed doctors are starting more and more to pawn their opinions off as facts because they feel like people will listen to what they say because they're doctors.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    If they can't show him any proof as to why lifting will hinder his linear growth, there is no point in changing the things he enjoys as a teenager. I was one of the tallest kids in middle school and i had plenty of friends shorter than me who lifted regularly at that age and they have grown substantially taller since middle school while i didn't grow at all.

IMO lifting does little to nothing to damage linear growth and i've noticed doctors are starting more and more to pawn their opinions off as facts because they feel like people will listen to what they say because they're doctors.
    This could very well be correct but here is the thing for me. I dont know the entire situation. Who am I to say nope the Dr is wrong. Im not a Dr, I dont know the ins and outs of the kids health and so on. There is something called a second opinion, if it is that much of an issue Id get one.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup
    This could very well be correct but here is the thing for me. I dont know the entire situation. Who am I to say nope the Dr is wrong. Im not a Dr, I dont know the ins and outs of the kids health and so on. There is something called a second opinion, if it is that much of an issue Id get one.
    Very true!
    Its seems that she went to a another Doc for a second opinion and he said the same thing! lol imagine that

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is 0 evidence that weightlifting at a young age will hinder growth.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    As Khazima said it's a myth.
    ask the doctor for medical evidence and post us up the link.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    There is no way there is true medical evidence of this

Anyone, post up a study on this - I'd love to see it

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> >
    There is no way there is true medical evidence of this Anyone, post up a study on this - I'd love to see it
    Would be very interesting to see

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76 View Post
    I have a friend whos 14 year old son was advised by doctors to stop weight lifting and (crossfit) .
    This due to the fact that weightlifting is hindering him to grow taller.
    Kid is kinda buildt and very athletic!
    Doctors are advising him to swim instead lol.
    By the way his mother is very short in stature where as his father is a tall bro.
    Anyways, just wanted to hear all you bros opinion on this situation
    Thanks is advance

you know what your problem is mate?

you actually think doctors know what the fvck they are talking about. most are only good at signing their name so you can go to the pharmacy and get your testosterone . barely

my previous doc told me I needed to lose a shit load of weight. I was probably 240 and 15% bF at the time. and in my late 40's.

why did he say this you say?

because he looked at a BMI chart and allowed that little piece of paper to do his thinking for him.

next time the doc says something stupid like this, bend his ass over and ram his stethoscope up his ass. he's probably wanting it anyways.

now go enjoy your cheerios!

---Roman

Blog Entries
    I try my best not to say that

They are full on MD and all. But, shit like this sure is something ain't it? Oh yeah, the BMI shit is just oh wtf - according to BMI I am almost obese. Yet I am under 13% Bf - ooookay. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I try my best not to say that

They are full on MD and all. But, shit like this sure is something ain't it? Oh yeah, the BMI shit is just oh wtf - according to BMI I am almost obese. Yet I am under 13% Bf - ooookay. Lol
    yeah, like I'm supposed to go from 240 at 15% bf down to 185 and negative 19 pounds of body fat? oh, I'm supposed to lose some lean body mass too? which part? bone? organ tissue? muscle fiber? damn doc, why don't you just take a scalpel and cut out that LBM outta my ass so you can get all your patients "in range" and get your fat annual bonus? sorry I'm so fvcking obese doc

Blog Entries
    Hey, they have anti anxiety meds for this. Lol

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey, they have anti anxiety meds for this. Lol
    They just don't hand them out to anyone!

yeah, the laws are changing. my pops is retired fire fighter, and some of the medical "emergencies" he had to respond to.....

.........like the time he got a call. The caller was "feelings anxious abouts my low sperm count. I needs to be takin to the hospital"

so here comes the fire department with sirens blazing. So my pops knocks on the door.....

"who here called 911 with the low sperm count"?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    you know what your problem is mate? you actually think doctors know what the fvck they are talking about. most are only good at signing their name so you can go to the pharmacy and get your testosterone. barely my previous doc told me I needed to lose a shit load of weight. I was probably 240 and 15% bF at the time. and in my late 40's. why did he say this you say? because he looked at a BMI chart and allowed that little piece of paper to do his thinking for him. next time the doc says something stupid like this, bend his ass over and ram his stethoscope up his ass. he's probably wanting it anyways. now go enjoy your cheerios! ---Roman
    Nahhh ...pass on the cheerios

Blog Entries
    Come on guys, what are we wasting our time on?? We should be worrying about getting justice for a criminal because he's black!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100
    Come on guys, what are we wasting our time on?? We should be worrying about getting justice for a criminal because he's black!!!
    I can't even think about this shit too long

A cop being thrown under the bus for doing his job. . . Ugggh

Blog Entries
    I can't even think about this shit too long

A cop being thrown under the bus for doing his job. . . Ugggh

Kid robbed a convenient store and threatened to kill the clerk. Then he charged the police head on and got shot after he ran. What do these people expect? They think burning down supermarkets can be justified and their bullshit riots where they commit WAY WORSE crimes than shooting a criminal. People have no sense.

They're pressuring the government into making decisions. So soon it's gonna be REALLY corrupt. They might eventually start making decisions based on what the public wants because of the harsh repercussions the black community will enforce on the public if they decide otherwise.

People have no sense. A celebrity supports this kid for brownie points, a bunch of followers become puppets that can't justify their beliefs.. Ya the cop just shot a black kid for no reason in the street. That's what happened. ****ing idiots

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100
    People have no sense

This is the bottom line, period.

Thread Information