Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Afraid of post cycle depression...

I have been more or less depressed for 3 years now, but this last year has by far been the worst ever. Filled with suicide thoughts and shit.

When Im on I always feel pretty good but now this cycle I have feelt horrible even when on(atleast these last 4 weeks). I have started doing shit like cutting myself in the arms when Im realy down.
    But if I can feel this bad when on wtf am I going to do when I come off everything??

What is the best way of minimizing post cycle depression?

I dont think I want to mess with anti depressants. It seems(atleast from what I have heard) like they just numbs down all emotions and I dont want that and I dont want to suffer from both post cycle low sex drive and anti depressant low sex drive at the same time.

The reason Im so afraid of the post cycle depression right now is also because Im on my way upp from the worst depression pit so far. I feel pretty damn good right now and I dont want that to get ruined!!!

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i know i have talked to you about this before bro, but keep your head up and don't psych yourself out. maybe this is going a little deeper into your psyche than you think since you have physically cut yourself.

the depression i always feel comes from knowing i won't make any gains in the gym until my next cycle and also knowing i will lose some mass, however that carries over into my life. poor attitude, snapping at people when i get pissed off, not wanting to go out because im afraid people will think i am smaller (etc.) it is all mental, so when you stop worrying things will improve.

learning to accept the inevitable pitfalls associated with coming off is difficult but somewhere along the line it will click.

try some HCG or nolva for post instead of clomid and you may not feel as depressed.

good luck and PM me if you need anything bro.

Originally posted by daem
    i know i have talked to you about this before bro, but keep your head up and don't psych yourself out. maybe this is going a little deeper into your psyche than you think since you have physically cut yourself.

the depression i always feel comes from knowing i won't make any gains in the gym until my next cycle and also knowing i will lose some mass, however that carries over into my life. poor attitude, snapping at people when i get pissed off, not wanting to go out because im afraid people will think i am smaller (etc.) it is all mental, so when you stop worrying things will improve.

learning to accept the inevitable pitfalls associated with coming off is difficult but somewhere along the line it will click.

try some HCG or nolva for post instead of clomid and you may not feel as depressed.

good luck and PM me if you need anything bro.
    Thanks bro Il remember that if I need to get something of my chest!

Im not so afraid of losing strenght and size because I know it will come back and I know im still bigger then everyone else my age Im just afraid it will make my depression worse.
    I used clomid after my first cycle and I will NEVER EVER again touch that shit. Anyone with a history of depression should stay the hell away from clomid!!!
    If I can keep the mindset that I have now it will be ok, but if I start to slip down again I realy dont know what Il do.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    IMHO...I would stay away from all AS if there's a possibilty of making you rebound. Your priority is to stay mentally healthy.

Secondly, go see a Doctor about your depression. Not all medications make you "numb" or lower your sex drive. First you have try and figure out why you have depression...it could be that your brain is uptaking too much serotonin or maybe there is a chemical imbalance. You have to find the drugs that work for you. The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and other neurotransmitter medications generally have fewer side effects than tricyclics and MAO's. Your doctor may try a variety of antidepressants before finding the medication (or combination of medications) that's most effective for you. It may take 8 weeks of therapy before the full effect occurs. If Prozac doesn't work for you maybe Celexa will...or maybe it will be something else. It might not happen over night but I think with a knowledgable Doctor aiding in your treatment you will see beneficial results on medication. Give it a thought....they are there to help you. Good luck bro!

Thread Information