View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing is wrong just leave things the way they are.

13 31.71%
  • Don't count posts made in the General Forum.

6 14.63%
  • Allow member to give karma points to member the deem to be knowledgeable.

15 36.59%
  • I don't like either of these but something needs to be done.

7 17.07%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

What to do about post whoring affecting titles

See this discussion if you need to know what this is all about.......
    AR Titles meaningless

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Karma points are great idea, and we can still keep post count.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I think it is fine. The whole reason this got started was because yesterday I posted something about now being a senior member and needing an avatar. Markas then wants to bring up that point. Big whoop if I am a senior member or if da bull is chemically enhanced. It is all in fun and the people that have a problem with member status are going to be those people that don't post that often. I think it is only a problem if people who are regular members on here are giving out bad advice in the question forums. Da bull, even though a post whore, has demonstrated knowledge in several areas such as gh, test, and pct. Now, I don't think it is a big deal about his title but that the advice he gives is good. No, status doesn't determine knowledge and there might be newbies that think that but it is a members responsibility to know good advice from bad. And PTJason, I don't think there are any problems with current members, whatever their status, handing out bad info. My .04.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Karma points and keeping post counts.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    You should just base someone title on how long they have been on AR. I mean some guy can come along and pst whore the shit out of AR and then bail...a title that is wasted. However, if someone sticks around for a while...then most of the time the person will have read and researched a bunch...so after a while they will know there shit. That is how I got knowledge on certain subjects. I think with time knowledge follows...and here at AR if someone sticks around they will eventually learn things...this is my .02

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Karma as well as the Medals/Awards/Cards (Lesane) hacks are good additions IMO...

BDTR is offline Retired
    - GAL -->

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    You should just base someone title on how long they have been on AR. I mean some guy can come along and pst whore the shit out of AR and then bail...a title that is wasted. However, if someone sticks around for a while...then most of the time the person will have read and researched a bunch...so after a while they will know there shit. That is how I got knowledge on certain subjects. I think with time knowledge follows...and here at AR if someone sticks around they will eventually learn things...this is my .02

Amen to the old schoolers.

RON
    I voted for Karma as well but PT can we call it knowledge point or something like that? I really thought it was stupid when EF first did it but it kinda makes to me here in this situation.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I vote in favor of Karma and post counts.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I voted for Karma - it will help make members giving advice make sure the advice is sound.

RON
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    I agree that being here should be taken into account also. Maybe in that thing bdtr is talkin about there is a hack where you can get a medal for every year of your membership.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I believe a mathematical formula is in order. Post should be "reduced" when they are consistently lumped together in large groups in short time periods.
    Example:

user has 1500 posts, but 1250 of them are in the last 8 weeks. The first 250 posts were in the 8 weeks preceeding the user becoming a post whore. The 1250 posts could be scaled: 1250 x .33 =~ 415 posts. This user would then have 250 + 415 posts for a post count of 665 posts instaed of 1500. More posts in a shorther time frame would mean a more agressive scale. Say the 1250 posts were in 4 weeks we could scale by .15 so this user would effectively have 437 posts. Not bad for 12 weeks on a board!

Bottom line is mods and AR members know who is contributing.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Can you give out as much karma as you want? I know 20 guy´s that i would like to hug right now.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ok that came out wrong...

Honestly, there is no whoring going on in any other boards with the exception of the general forums. No one has a problem with posts in Steroid Questions, Workout, and Diet Forums, etc... If you are posting in those forums you are either being helpful or learning, either way the posts mean something. I don't see the problem with just not counting Lounge Posts.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Karma points, sound like a good idea to me... I think that some people whore the shit out of AR and its stupid but i think they should still be rewarded in some sense....

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    why dont we get rid of the status all together. or how about you have to take a test to get a certain level of status. who really cares what status they are at. is all this because newbies are confused when they recieve advice from an anobolic member? whats the reason behind all this???

J-sun is offline Junior Member
    When reading a thread I take into account a members title but also how long they have been here. If someone is already a senior memeber and have only been here for 2 months then, they are obviously a whore.
    To me, length of membership is as much, if not more, important than the title.
    I would vote to leave things as is. Just my $.02

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Karma as well as the Medals/Awards/Cards (Lesane) hacks are good additions IMO...
    Good old Lesane. You do know the first hack that everyone wants is that points hack. That might be a good thing to do instead of Karma. I could do a trial run with the Karma and then switch to the points one later.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    why dont we get rid of the status all together. or how about you have to take a test to get a certain level of status. who really cares what status they are at. is all this because newbies are confused when they recieve advice from an anobolic member? whats the reason behind all this???
    I like your idea...except for the test...once everyone signs up they should be called a member...which we are all memebers...we have our screenname and avator...i think that is good enough.
    IMO

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Just turn on custom titles in the user CP. End of story!!

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I have no idea why everyone care so much about the titles, if Mudman or Bdtr were newbies to the board now, it doesn't mean that they are any less knowledgeable!!! I'll still take there advice anyday regardless of what the title underneath there name is!!!

I'll probably get up to senior member someday, but i'm sure by that time i'll still be learning a lot.

I would say get rid of titles and the MODS cab make members Vets if they feel that they are worthy, this way others can tell who knows there shit. Although i guess titles keep a lot of members coming back and to get rid of them might get rid of some members.

If your gonna keep the titles then by all means, every post should count. You could post a bunch of BS anywhere on the board regardless, so that wouldn't help anything. I like the idea of time on board and karma, much better, but to me it really doesn't matter. I just want to learn more by reading threads!

Whatever the MODS want to about this "problem" is fine with me, i'm not bothered by anyones post whoring, i've been here long enough to know who i'll take serious and who i'm skeptical of.

tmeoe

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Ok that came out wrong...
    No it didnt but we love you anyways...

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i agree with you butch. the test thing was just a joke. it seems that the status only brings out two problems.....people post whoring, which is ok as long as it is in the lounge and newbies getting confused because they think the status is corelated with knowledge. if we let people after a year of being here, get a custom title, (seems this is why people post whore) i think post whoring might level off. as for newbies, they should have the common sense to research something when they get new info from a member and not just take it for granted because the info came from a senior member.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    the pol won't work on my computer, But I would definately go with Karma, but seperate the Karma into gear knowledge, work out knowledge, and supplement knowledge.

That way we know who knows their shit on what they know....you know?

Honestly...who cares. We are here to learn, not overcompensate for small penises.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    Good old Lesane. You do know the first hack that everyone wants is that points hack. That might be a good thing to do instead of Karma. I could do a trial run with the Karma and then switch to the points one later.
    Reading this quote I have come to this conclusion........................................ ......................I don't know shyte about computers. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason, Mods.... whatever ya'll decide to do is good with me. Either way it goes, I'll keep posting and trying to give advice no matter what.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I think there should be a link where you can go and see exactly where everyone made their post. It will tell you how many post are made in the lounge, where most the whoring is done, and how many post where made other places.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I like karma points! They sound so cool.

Seriously though, maybe something should be done. Maybe the Mods should decide when a person graduates to the next level? You accumulate Karma points, and then - suddenly, the almighty Jason taps you on the shoulder and says "Welcome, my son."

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I think karma is a good idea, however if it doesnt go through I have no probs with the way things are now.This board has been great since the day I started

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I think everything is allright, I voted for the Karma points. People I think should be allowed to become Anabolic members but we should only allow them to have custom titles based upon certain circumstances (number of helpful posts vs number of posts that don't really do much to help, something like that...)

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    Karma points and not counting lounge posts...
    lounge posts 99% of the time offer nothing but a chance to vent some nager and have fun.. and that dosen't demonstrate any knowledge..

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    Karma points and not counting lounge posts...
    lounge posts 99% of the time offer nothing but a chance to vent some nager and have fun.. and that dosen't demonstrate any knowledge..

Good call on that...Some people just post in the lounge all day and bitch about their problems (me, lol). But I post in other places as well...Maybe there should be around 20% of your posts in the lounge that actually count rather then just taking away all of the posts.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Like I said in the other thread.
    If AR lounge posts dont count, I GURANTEE you that people will start posting BULLSHIT in the STEROID section.
    As for how long you have been here: Ive seen FRESH NEWBIES come in here more knowledgable than vets. Just cause they just enrolled does not mean they havent been playing the game. Ive also seen Vets and Mods that NEVER come on.

I have yet to see a newbie take advice only from mods or vets Hell a newbie can give a newbie good advice.

The people who are pissed about this probably saw Talon, Da bull and BDTR rise up so quickly. WHO CARES. They all know their shit. They post in the lounge but they still help out.

BTW. That KARMA point system will NOT WORK.

People (especially newbies) are not gonna take the time to place a vote to give a member a KARMA point. Those are the people you usually give advice to. They dont know their way around the board yet, let alone go and mark a box to say "THANKS FOR THE ADVICE HERES A POINT"
    Thats gay. Thats like giving someone a hug every time you see him.

Everyone will be trying hard to get votes they will just be dishing out all kinds of bullshit advice.

Things ARE FINE. It takes mods and the admin to give out vet and mod status. That is the important thing. Regardless of post count, you cant make a mod or vet unless decided on.

Custom titles dont tell people he is smart. Just means he is popular. So what

SORRY. This is not whoring, I just remembered what I was gonna add.
    I saw another board implement this system and I think it might work if you people want a change so bad.

BASE POINTS on WHERE you post a thread or post.
    5 points for starting a thread in a certain section.
    4 points for adding a post
    3 for starting a thread in the LOUNG
    2 for adding to lounge posts
    1 point for showing up each day.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    SORRY. This is not whoring, I just remembered what I was gonna add.
    I saw another board implement this system and I think it might work if you people want a change so bad.

BASE POINTS on WHERE you post a thread or post.
    5 points for starting a thread in a certain section.
    4 points for adding a post
    3 for starting a thread in the LOUNG
    2 for adding to lounge posts
    1 point for showing up each day.
    Lesane's point hack. Look at the first page of this thread. After he rewrites it for vb3 I am sure that I will be adding it.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'm going to have to say I agree with Bermich here. I AM NOT the most knowledgeable bro on this board so I keep my mouth shut for the most part. I look through the forums but only offer advice on diet, workout and a few others I feel I know something about. If I answer something in the steroid section it's something I know all you bros would answer however, even then I state that no one should take one bit of my input and put it to use until they hear from a more knowledgeable bro and that goes for any other forum I make a post in for that matter.

I like to joke around a lot and I'm on the board while at work.........it’s a release for me. To tell the truth I know who to listen too when the subjects are serious not because of there title or the number of posts they have.............but because I've spent countless hours reading old posts they've put up.

This board is my home.............what's under my name or how many posts I have make no difference to me. In fact when or if I ever get a custom title I've already picked mine out................something I hope most bros here would think I am...........simply a "Good Bro".

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Like I said in the other thread.
    If AR lounge posts dont count, I GURANTEE you that people will start posting BULLSHIT in the STEROID section.
    As for how long you have been here: Ive seen FRESH NEWBIES come in here more knowledgable than vets. Just cause they just enrolled does not mean they havent been playing the game. Ive also seen Vets and Mods that NEVER come on.

I have yet to see a newbie take advice only from mods or vets Hell a newbie can give a newbie good advice.

The people who are pissed about this probably saw Talon, Da bull and BDTR rise up so quickly. WHO CARES. They all know their shit. They post in the lounge but they still help out.
    Thanks for the support,and I agree.I post in many other forums only when I feel I have the experience to help out.I come to the lounge to chat with some really great people here...as far as titles go,I could care less,I'll still go to other forums and help out the best I can,but keep my mouth closed on subjects I'm not experienced.I will in no way put anyone in danger just to make a post.Just mt .02....I enjoy the learning experience here at AR,I'll still be here learning,just more silent!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information