Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    not a bush fan.......I say he's the worst....
    I don't consider myself old enough or versed enough in history to answer this question, and you are definitely not the right person to make that assumption. No offense and no flame intended, bro. I've only be alive for 3 presidents, 2 that I actually can talk about.

Sym

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammergsxr
    I dont believe Carter was a favorite.
    As far as what I do know from the history that I've read on our foriegn relations, I would say that I like Carter the least. He's about as liberal as they come, but I just personally think he's an idiot.

Sym

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    As far as what I do know from the history that I've read on our foriegn relations, I would say that I like Carter the least. He's about as liberal as they come, but I just personally think he's an idiot.

Sym
    why? he has done more for america than many presidents have. i have built houses with habitat for humanity and Carter was there in something like 95 degree weather builing houses too. Furthermore his wife bought everybody lunch. Carter has won the nobel peace prize, what makes you say he is the worst? because he is a democrat? I wonder why people automatically hate people that arent in their party. Does that mean I should hate everybody because I belong to no party?
    Last edited by symatech; 02-23-2004 at 03:03 PM.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Who is the worst president in US history. Well, its always fashionable to bitch about the curtrent administration, but I don't think Bush has done a bad job at all. Just for some perspective, I hated Clinton but wouldn't say that he was a bad president either.

I am not a historian or involved in Political science, but revisionist history taints our views on this subject. FDR was a pretty good president, as was Nixon. Nixon got a bad rap for the cover-up, but if you look at the record he was pretty good.

Andrew Jackson was kind of a joke, with his appointment of all his unqualified buddies to the cabinet. And as I mentioned in an earlier thread, Eisenhower was pretty terrible. I think he was in over his head. I don't think Linclon was that great either . . . he gets credit for freeing the slaves, but the overriding factor in that whole conflict was money. The bloodiest war in history ensued.

Just some thoughts . . . Bush is far from the worst.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Reagan was the best!

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Determining the best/worst will vary per individual. Kind of like "who is the best looking person in the world."

Personally, in my lifetime, there hasn't been a "bad" president. Sure I can give Clinton a hard time all day about how I disagree with some of his policies, but he tried hard and served his country as president. I guess being able to say something like that as a republican makes me even more frustrated with people's ideas over GW being a "bad president". He has not done a bad job either. I still disagree with some of his policies, but again, he is trying to do the best job as he sees it. I think it comes down to a respect thing maybe...maybe old age...who knows?

peace,

ttgb

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    why? he has done more for america than many presidents have. i have built houses with habitat for humanity and Carter was there in something like 95 degree weather builing houses too. Furthermore his wife bought everybody lunch. Carter has won the nobel peace prize, what makes you say he is the worst? because he is a democrat? I wonder why people automatically hate people that arent in their party. Does that mean I should hate everybody because I belong to no party?
    I never said I thought he was the worst, I said I liked him the least. He has done some great things like you've stated. He tried to do some things during his administration that were bordering on idiotic, and wouldn't even budge when even all of his advisors and military advisors were against his decision. Specifically I'm talking about the pullout of almost all military forces of South Korea, which caused us to come within inches of war, and then ironically stopped imidiate war when he made a peace envoy later in the '90's. Yet another decision he made hard-headedly, but came out of it with a lucky ending.

Sym

shootdeep is offline Member
    it's a tie between carter and clinton... they are both idiots!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep
    it's a tie between carter and clinton... they are both idiots!
    why? you have a nobel peace prize winner and a rhodes scholar. what makes them idiots? This kind of discussion warrants a little explanation for your beliefs.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're easily offended by light-hearted jabs at Bush II, you won't want to click on this, so I suggest that you don't. Otherwise,

http://homepage.mac.com/webmasterkai...nestdubya.html

has some redeeming charms . . . not quite as much as the farting TV evangelist at

http://www.ammodumpradio.com/tilton.asp

. . . but still good for a chuckle . . .
    --Tock

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    why? you have a nobel peace prize winner and a rhodes scholar. what makes them idiots? This kind of discussion warrants a little explanation for your beliefs.
    NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WAS GIVEN TO YASSER ARAFAT!! WHAT A GREAT HONOR!
    PEANUT PICKER LET IN 25000 CRIMINALS FROM CUBA..CLINTON , HAD GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS, BUT DODGED THE DRAFT, SOLD SECRETS TO THE RED-CHINESE, ORDERED THE BOMBING OF SERBS PROTECTING THEIR HOMELAND AND CHILDREN FOR STARTERS...

shootdeep is offline Member
    yeah..he won the peace prize by backing down and kissing every rogue nation's @$$!!! he made mess of the north korean problem. clinton as just as bad he passed on bin laden, and left bush with a multitude of national security problems.

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep
    1)he made mess of the north korean problem.

2)clinton as just as bad he passed on bin laden, and left bush with a multitude of national security problems.
    1)How can I put this in a matter of a few sentences? His iron-will decision to withdrawl troops, was put into play without considerations given to Japan, China, Soviet Union, or even ROK. It not only disrupted foreign relations, but Richard Holbrooke, asssistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs and in the middle of the battle, said that it was "a full-scale rebellion against the president". This was something Kim Il Sung, President of North Korea, had eagerly awaited for many years, and was just waiting to pounce. Carter had his mind made up even before he was elected, and he's one of those guys that wont listen to reason once he does. The interesting part is that he didn't even know why he wanted to do it, "The origin of my position is still not clear to me". Ok, that's enough.

2)Does anyone remember the FIRST WTC bombing? And so Clinton stoots a dozen cruise missles at a "suspected" terrorist training camp. There's dozens of camps in the world, and that is supposed to get the job done? Yeah, that worked.

Sym
    Last edited by Symian; 02-27-2004 at 02:40 AM.

Tahq is offline Junior Member
    Ranking a president on economic results can be difficult as there are cyclical periods that occur outside the immediate control of a governing body and a person can walk right into a situation they did not create. Money flow, world economy, intrest rates, consumer confidence, employment, technology, world events, and so forth all play a part in the picture.

I believe we are currently headed towards a period of increased economic strength with the market somewhat stabalized, job growth increasing, corporate profits up...I think the canidate who wins the next election will be set up in a good position and viewed as effective (Dramatic factors excluded...war, comet hitting planet, interns...) for the most part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information