Tock is offline Anabolic Member

What political party do you REALLY prefer?

What are you, really?
    Here's a little test you can take to compare your political views against those of the Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, and Green parties.

http://www.lp.org/issues/platform/compare/

Just fyi . . .

--Tock

Taejoon is offline Associate Member
    I belong to the party of people that loves vaginas.... Oh, and breasts too, female ones only please.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I'm taking it when I get home...Ive gotta get ready for school.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I could find the Neo-Fascists! ****!

mass junkie is offline banned
    You preferred the Democratic stance for 2 issues. Democratic Platform

You preferred the Green stance for 1 issue. Green Platform

You preferred the Libertarian stance for 1 issue. Libertarian Platform.

You preferred the Republican stance for 3 issues. Republican Platform.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    I could find the Neo-Fascists! ****!
    4 democrat
    2 republic
    1 liberal

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I'll take this here in a little while Tock....it'll be fun to see!!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Questions are bit shady..like a tool to convince people to vote communist, err Democrat

Questions are bit shady..like a tool to convince people to vote communist, err Democrat
    OMG...is this another brain washing conspiracy effort by the evil liberal tyrants? If so...I'm not going to take the test daggummit!!

Well....Mass and hossy poo did score appropriately...maybe I'll take it.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    bump.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I agree bama.
    Of course I scored %100 republican. I know where I stand.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    I agree bama.
    Of course I scored %100 republican. I know where I stand.
    I agree just a tool for the leftist media. Always trying to bring a good republican down. If I did take the test (not saying I did) of course it would be 100% G.O.P.

No, they aren't questions. They are excerpts from each (Democrat, Republican, Green, and Libertarian) party platform. You merely indicate on a scale of 1 to 10 how strongly you agree. They shift which square each party's position appears in, so you won't see the Green's positions in the first square all the time, etc etc etc.

Maybe I'll post the complete party platforms and see what you think.
    The Texas State Republican Party platform reads like it was written by Torqemada from the Spanish Inquisition. I get the willys just thinking about it . . .

--Tock

you guys should take it just for fun. what's the matter? worried that you've been blindly following a party that doesn't hold your beliefs?

During an election year they stay in the middle. They will not say what they believe. Just what they think the voters want to hear.
    I agreed with some of the things the other said but knew it was not the bottom line but the front line. Just more stuff for the people to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    you guys should take it just for fun. what's the matter? worried that you've been blindly following a party that doesn't hold your beliefs?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    What were your results???

"BUMP" doesn't tell us much!!

here's mine:

Platform Comparison Results
    You preferred the Democratic stance for 1 issue. Democratic Platform
    You preferred the Libertarian stance for 2 issues. Libertarian Platform.
    You preferred the Republican stance for 3 issues. Republican Platform.

peace,

ttgb

That's not too surprising is it?

The questions do not paint entire pictures of where different parties stand on the various issues though...

During an election year they stay in the middle. They will not say what they believe. Just what they think the voters want to hear.
    I agreed with some of the things the other said but knew it was not the bottom line but the front line. Just more stuff for the people to chew on.
    -------------------
    Just a note--all you AS using BB'ers will want to review the offical Drug position of the Libertarian and Green parties, down at the very bottom of this rather long post
    -------------------

Oh man . . . a Party Platform is a statement of that party's principles and beliefs. Yes, sometimes an individual politician will ignore specific sections, but in general, they're all on the same page.

I dunno how they make party platforms in the Green and Libertarian parties, but in the Dem and Repub parties, it goes something like this (well, here in Texas):
    Twice a year, on the evening of the Governor and Presidential primary election, Repubs can go to their precinct convention, and Dems go to theirs. If you've got a fish to fry, and egg to hatch, or something stuck in your craw, you write it into a formal statement like this:

--------
    Whereas, The United States Constitution guarantees the freedom of worship, and
    Whereas, The Texas State Constitution requires a person elected by the people to assert that they beleive in God before they can be allowed to take office,
    BE IT RESOLVED THAT the requirement in the Texas State Constitution for Beleif in God be eliminated.
    --------

I submitted a resolution like this back when I was dabbling in Democratic politics, and the other 7 people there (ya, very few people ever show up for these things) all voted for it. Seemed reasonable to them.

From there, its gets combined at the Senatorial District level (which covers a few counties) with other similar resolutions, then at the Senatorial District Convention (about 300 people show up for these), some party bigwig reads each and every one of them off, and everybody at that convention gets to vote yea or nay on each one. Mine just barely squeaked through (which surprised me, it being a bunch of supposedly "liberal democrats,").
    From there, all the resolutions go to the State Platform Committee, and they get combined with similar resolutions from other Districts, and then at the State Party Convention, each and every one is read, and everyone there gets to vote on it, yea or nay. The resolutions that pass get organized and written up in party platforms. Incidentally, my resolution got cut at the state level. Too controversial. So, atheists still have to lie after winning an election to assume their duties. Just one of the things that makes Texas unique . . .
    I presume the process is similar with the national platform, but I never did get to see, in person, how things are done there . . .

Folks in Texas who want in on this opportunity to affect their State Party platforms-- On March 8, the Texas primaries will be held, and at 7:00 pm (when the voting stops) the pricinct convention begins. If you want to submit a resolution to increase fund for space exploration, do away with cabbage, or even something sensible like establish a state income tax to fund Texas Public Schools, you can do it. All ya gotta do is write down (handwritten will do)

Whereas, the -----(reason 1 for your resolution), and
    Whereas, the -----(reason 2 for your resolution (if you have one))
    Be It Resolved that Space Aliens be exempt from property taxes (or whatever).

Show up at the 7:00 pm precinct convention (usually at the same place you voted), and when the precinct chair calls for resoultions (most everyone else there will have one or two of their own), show yours, and you're in.
    After that, you can finagle a seat at the District convention, maybe even get appointed to the District Platform committee and nurse things along, and go on to the State level, maybe (but probably not) National level (usually, just the well-connected get to go to those).
    It's a lot of fun, really . . . and if you do a lot of work for either party, you get remembered when it comes time to pick people for State and National platform committees.
    Something to think about, anyway . . . not many people know about any of this . . .
    =====================================

Here's the Texas Republican Party platform:
    http://www.rlctx.org/RLCTX/Texas%20R...orm%202000.htm

And the Democrat's:
    http://www.geocities.com/navarrodems/2000Platform.html

The Texas Green party platform:
    http://txgreens.org/resources/gpinfo...e_platform.htm

And the Libertarians:
    http://www.lptexas.org/platform.html

And a little something about the LaRouche party, which is run by a bona-fide idiot. I think he writes his platforms all on his own . . .
    http://www.redandblack.com/vnews/dis.../3eb12b25b1c7f

From the Independance Party of New York
    http://www.ipny.org/platform.html

and a little something from the Natural Medicine Party
    http://www.naturalmedicineparty.org/nmp_finance.htm

There's lots more small political parties, all with their own platforms. Some are pretty good, some are pretty darn strange, even by my standards.
    With all the different choices, there's really no need to let gravity take effect and end up at one of the two big ones. When it comes to election day, you can even pick and choose from different groups.
    And why not?

========================

As an extra added bonus, here's what the Greens have to say about Drugs:

D. Drug Policy

Public discourse on drugs has often been inaccurate and misleading. The Green Party of Texas proposes an open dialogue on the use of all addictive substances. We call for:

1. Recognition that substance abuse is widespread and afflicts people of every socioeconomic status;

2. Substance abuse, including alcoholism, to be treated as a disease or psychological disorder, not a crime;

3. Increased access to treatment for substance abusers;

4. A public dialogue on the decriminalization and regulation of currently illegal drugs;

5. Greater state autonomy in choosing to criminalize, decriminalize, or legalize addictive substances without having to fear reprisals by the federal government;

6. A shift in focus from interdiction and incarceration to a plan that addresses the social causes of drug abuse: poverty, unemployment, racism, hopelessness, and alienation;

7. Redirection of drug war funds to education, prevention, and treatment;

8. Respect for the right of Native Americans to use peyote and other substances in religious ceremonies;

9. Schools to provide factual information on substance use and abuse;

10. An end to all tax deductions and subsidies for the tobacco and alcoholic beverage industries, including related farm subsidies;

11. The decriminalization of marijuana, and the immediate release of all prisoners held on only nonviolent marijuana-related charges.

12. Recognition that pre-employment and/or random drug screening is a violation of the 4th amendment of the U.S. Constitution and an immediate ban on these practices.

=======================

And here's the views on Drugs held by Texas Libertarians:

Consensual Crimes

Consensual crimes are those actions which the state has made illegal but which do not involve the initiation of force or fraud. Because only actions which infringe the rights of others can properly be termed crimes, we favor the repeal of all laws creating consensual crimes. These include, among others,

laws prohibiting or regulating the production, sale, possession, or consumption of food or drugs;

laws regarding adult consensual sexual relations;

laws regulating the possession, sale, use, production, or distribution of sexually explicit material (involving only adults);

laws regulating or prohibiting gambling; and

laws interfering with the right to commit suicide, or to assist others to do so.

Pending legislative action, all of those presently incarcerated or ever convicted solely for the commission of these crimes should be pardoned and released.

==================

The Greens and Libertarians are light years ahead of the Dems and Republicans. Which is why I probably won't be voting for either of them, at least for statewide offices, this year.

--Tock

decadbal is offline Banned
    i usually go with who is against abortion and gun control, gun control being the most important view to me personally..

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    The Greens and Libertarians are light years ahead of the Dems and Republicans. Which is why I probably won't be voting for either of them, at least for statewide offices, this year.

--Tock
    I figured you voting for 1 of the 2.

BTW...The Texas democrat website locked up my Internet Explorer...had to close everything and reboot....too funny!!!

peace,

ttgb

You should run for some political office. You remind me so much of the politicians out there. When I say this I don't mean it bad. I just don't understand half of the **** they say and only about one\third of what you say.

I know you are going to post some long rebutals to this but if you want me to read it much less understand it, you may want to talk a little southern and shorten the **** you say.

-------------------
    --Tock
    Last edited by mart651; 02-25-2004 at 01:02 PM.

....and shorten the **** you say.
    I think he said you talk too much!!!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig

BTW...The Texas democrat website locked up my Internet Explorer...had to close everything and reboot....too funny!!!
    peace,

ttgb
    You must have Norton's new propaganda scan on you computer There was just too much of it to handle so it froze up

markas214 is offline Senior Member

You preferred the Green stance for 3 issues. Green Platform

You preferred the Republican stance for 1 issue. Republican Platform.

You preferred the Libertarian stance for 2 issue. Libertarian Platform.

You preferred the Republican stance for 0 issues. Republican Platform.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Yea......... Gore never got that whole internet thing figured out......

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig

peace,

ttgb
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Am I the only one to take the long test?

Dem 170, Green 195, libert 95, Repub, 140, Overall, 350 out of 700. in other words I don't really fit into any party! Anarchists Unite!

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    73% of serial killers vote republican...

Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    73% of serial killers vote republican...
    So republicans are serial killers.

80% of females vote Democrat...so democrats are girls.

At least I'm not a girl!!!

peace,

ttgb

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i got 2 for democratic
    0 for green
    2 for libertarian
    3 for republican

I'm all over the place

You preferred the Democratic stance for 1 issue. Democratic Platform
    You preferred the Republican stance for 2 issues. Republican Platform.

Red

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I went back and took the short one... like many here Im a mutt..

Dem 2, Green 2, Lib 1, Rep 2

King Test is offline Banned
    You preferred the Democratic stance for 0 issues. Democratic Platform

You preferred the Libertarian stance for 5 issues. Libertarian Platform. You preferred the Republican stance for 1 issue. Republican Platform.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    None!!!

daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    What are you, really?
    Here's a little test you can take to compare your political views against those of the Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, and Green parties.

http://www.lp.org/issues/platform/compare/

Just fyi . . .

--Tock
    neither...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont understand how to do the score. It says how close is it to your answer if your answer is a 10. Does that mean that if you agree with it 100 percent, you choose 0 since it is that close or do you chose 10 to match your stance of 10?

Im confused but wanna take the test.

My score (the long test):
    --------------------------------------
    The highest possible rating is 700.
    The highest possible rating, given the importance you assigned each issue, is 360.
    You rated the Democratic stances 180. Democratic Platform
    You rated the Green stances 260. Green Platform
    You rated the Libertarian stances 220. Libertarian Platform.
    You rated the Republican stances 115. Republican Platform.

After posting this, instead of calling be a "Liberal Democrat," you should call me a Green-Libertarian. Looks like I'm more of that than anything else . . .
    -----------------------------

Up at the top, you rate how important the issue presented on the screen is to you. If you are really really interested in seeing the gov't fund (or not fund) the R&D expense of big business, then you'd change the number at the top to "10." If you don't give a rat's ass one way or the other, give it a ")." If it seems like an issue you should take an interest in, give it a "5."

Then read each individual square, rate how you agree with that particular party platform excerpt on a scale of 1 to 10.

Do all 7 issues, and you get a score. Get a perfect score, and you get laid.
    Simple as that . . .
    --Tock

Thread Information