QbHunter is offline Associate Member

$99.2 million!!!!

Thats what the Colts are giving Mr. Mannaning for the next seven years QB's are sooo overrated

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    They run the offense, they can make or break a team.

A good QB with out a supporting cast cant do sh*t. Yeta team with a bad QB with a good supporting cast can still do well. I just dont think any QB is worth 100million dollars. I think that on offense over all, no one player can make a huge impact with out a good supporting cast. Defense is not the same case tho. I dominating Line-man, LB, or secondary can single handedly dictate the course of a game. Guys that average 2 sacks a game, 12 tackles, and a ton of pass break-ups...those are the individual game breakers

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude that is alot of money...however, they (FB players) are still the most underpaid (next to hockey) players. I am still in aww about the baseball players...those idiots swing a bat and catch a ball...and they get millions upon millions. And they last longer in the league. I think I saw that a FB players league expectancy (sp?) is like 32....if that old.

So QB i agree that it is alot of money...but still....it is well deserved. Maybe this will be a trend that other teams will follow. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Dude that is alot of money...however, they (FB players) are still the most underpaid (next to hockey) players. I am still in aww about the baseball players...those idiots swing a bat and catch a ball...and they get millions upon millions. And they last longer in the league. I think I saw that a FB players league expectancy (sp?) is like 32....if that old.

hey bro, i play FB myself, so i couldnt agree with you anymore

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    This is why so many people are poor cause one putz takes 100mil. most charities take years to raise a lousy million for example the public will spend
    250 million in ten days going to see the return of the king and make a few people rich. It would be funny if eveyone stopped going to movies and football
    the whole world would collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by jon rock
    This is why so many people are poor cause one putz takes 100mil. most charities take years to raise a lousy million for example the public will spend
    250 million in ten days going to see the return of the king and make a few people rich. It would be funny if eveyone stopped going to movies and football
    the whole world would collapse.
    never happening pal...so you can keep about it if you want....These things are all part of 'entertainment' something american culture will never give up. I gladly pay 6.50 for a good movie, and 50 bucks for a great ftbl game.

Is baseball higher paid because they have so many more games? I have no idea but that would be my guess. The franchise prob brings in more money throughout the entire season, but I could be wrong. I agree that a QB does need a supporting cast to be succ, however, they are still the single most important player on the offense.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QbHunter
    A good QB with out a supporting cast cant do sh*t. Yeta team with a bad QB with a good supporting cast can still do well. I just dont think any QB is worth 100million dollars. I think that on offense over all, no one player can make a huge impact with out a good supporting cast. Defense is not the same case tho. I dominating Line-man, LB, or secondary can single handedly dictate the course of a game. Guys that average 2 sacks a game, 12 tackles, and a ton of pass break-ups...those are the individual game breakers
    like the tampa Bay bucs for example

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Ya, my heart breaks when I hear about contracts like those, don't forget peyton's 35 mil signing bonus. I remember when my family was watching the game and they said lavar had signed a 68 mil contract, ours jaws dropped, its just amazing when they talk about money like that.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Manning is way overpaid. And he's never really porven his worth... this year has been his only stellar season.

Brett Favre is God.

Brett Favre is the ****t. I'm not a fan of the Packers, but I'd like to see him win a Super Bowl.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Unfortunately, FB players are underpaid becasue teams have so many players to pay....they only play 16 or so games a year 7 to 8 of those games are at home. FB players only are away from their families on the weekends. And face it....FB teams merchancdise doesn't sell as much as other sports.

Baseball players get paid so much money because they travel a lot more...attendance is higher considering all the games they play at home....TV coverage...and there are only like 15 to 20 guys on the roster.

The above cvould be used as an agrument as to why FB players are paid so low. However, I still think FB players should be paid more considering all that they go through.

What do you all think?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    hell yeah. I play high school level football - I'm a linebacker, but I'll probably play on the line next year because of my size - and it's tough. For all the intense conditioning, weight lifting, practicing, thousands of hitting drills, I think that FB players deserve more respect, and money, than any other athletes.

Agree, i'd also keep the playing high school ball thing on the low low, especially if u still have another year to play, if you know what i'm saying...

Thread Information