Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Arnold any day. His body was truly a work of art. So full, dense and chizzled.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Arnie needs more legs. He's top heavy in that picture.

ross3814 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Who told you this lie?
    can you really miss my point?? look at some of these guys! i doubt cutler lasts 15 more years, tom prince already had really f'ed up kidneys. i should prob go on, but i dont think i need to. a human body is not meant to deal with that much stress. a lil sauce hear and there is quite different than what the pros use. please...

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    can you really miss my point?? look at some of these guys! i doubt cutler lasts 15 more years, tom prince already had really f'ed up kidneys. i should prob go on, but i dont think i need to. a human body is not meant to deal with that much stress. a lil sauce hear and there is quite different than what the pros use. please...
    Most pros are already over 30.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    I agree with palme.. and for arguements sake who would rather look like?

Ron-too big to live life, big gut, not always distorted GH head/face, pregnant stomach...

Arnold-lean small abs and waist all year, normal face/head, huge huge arms, back and chest, well porportioned, lived the life because he was physically able to do everythuign a normal human could

i'm sure you can add a few pro's and cons to each man

i'm sure more ppl would rather look liek arnie then ron.. dosne't answer the original question but it gives some insight
    I would not want to look like Arnold or Ronnie. I'd rather look like Dexter Jackson.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Arnold was great at the time, remember we are looking back 25 or more years here. IMO Zane looked the best for that time period and even though todays pro's may be waayy bigger than the guys from earlier decades they look like sh*t IMO. Franco and Zane look better than any pro I've ever seen from the last 20 years. And Arnold was big and well developed, I mean even today you just don't see many guys walking around with a build like that.

Booyah is offline Banned
    Bodybuilding differences... BTW, that pic monster posted was mine

Zane and Ruhl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over rated arnold-zan-ruhl.jpg  

Booyah is offline Banned
    Lee Priest, Danny Padila
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over rated arnold-leedan.jpg  

Booyah is offline Banned
    Dennis and Gunter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over rated arnold-dennis-gunter.jpg  

Booyah is offline Banned
    Lee Haney and Arnold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over rated arnold-lee-arnie.jpg  

Booyah is offline Banned
    Arnold in '74 , Casey Viator '80 , Dorian Yates '93
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over rated arnold-arnold-casey-dorian.jpg  

Booyah is offline Banned
    Dorian Yates '95 Ronnie Coleman '01, Arnold '74
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over rated arnold-backs.jpg  

Booyah is offline Banned
    Lee Haney '91, Ronnie '03...Ronnie looks like a fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails over rated arnold-haney-coleman.jpg  

LM1332 Guest
    **** dorian has a very impresive back

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Arnold IS bodybuilding, I agree.

I'd much rather look like him than what pros look like these days! He resembled a statue, one like a tree that has a solid foundation for the over-all size, yes, but sprouts upward and out massively, that is the art of bodybuilding. I don't like the TRUNK leg GH gut look personally, but to each his own. Arnold could still walk and show off his chest/guns/and get props, most pros today have to put grease in their crotch just to step forward.

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Arnold IS bodybuilding, I agree.

I'd much rather look like him than what pros look like these days! He resembled a statue, one like a tree that has a solid foundation for the over-all size, yes, but sprouts upward and out massively, that is the art of bodybuilding. ~SC~
    Agreed...you beat me to it. IMO I think that Arnold is the epitomy of the sport. However, his appeal towards women DID help solidify him as a 'star', rather than simply a great BB.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    just remember boys, they juiced,but not like they do today,..could u imagine alrnold juiced up on what ron coleman does...omg!!~~think about. i do agree that i think arnolds quads werent nothing special and i think columbo is great.his docudrama was in the 70's folks,come on...no creatine,....etc...OLD sCHOOL,

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    for what arnie had access to (gear and knowledge) he is better then any other bber.. and what woudl u think would happen if you took his drive, dedication and genes and put them in a guy in 2004 with acces to GH etc.... the new guy would be the greatest bber of all time..

and for what he did for the sport? no one can compare..

and they way he looked back then, he sculpted himslef to look liek that.... ebcause that is what the best body builder shoudl look like in everyoens eyes back then...

everything is relative to its time and place... taking that into account he is the man... no arguement
    I agree.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Arnold could still walk and show off his chest/guns/and get props, most pros today have to put grease in their crotch just to step forward.

~SC~
    Preach it baby!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I do concur with all bros that said Arnold is bodybuilding. By looking at his pics when he was 18, I thought now that guy has muuuuch potential.

ChrisB is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    Other then Ronnies Quads, I think arnie looks better.. Anyone can have a GH gut if you run enough of it.. I like to think of it as: Arnie as to Dr. J, as Ronnie to Jordan.. Both very impressive, as far as zane, and columbo should of won - I think not, it's about 'most muscular human' Arnie has more muscle..

You guys be the judge:
    I agree overall in the mind set of how it looks, it really is a matter of opinion. And the one thing in my mond that pushes Arnold over Ronnie is the stomach, Ronnie's got the roid gut and Arnold doesn't. Otherwise Ronnie does have better legs and forearms, but Arnold's chest looks more impressive to me.

alevok Guest
    The man is a legend,... who are we to judge him,.... respect his success,.... show me another BB coming from a foreign country to USA and becomes this popular? If people did not love him, he could not win the election, he did not win only Mr Olimpias he also won people's heart.
    His name is much more recognized than many other actors around the world, he is more american than any other american, he is a true success story.
    And his physic, c'mon at Arnolds height its harder to get that big, comparing Arnold to Franco is like comparing apples to oranges.
    He is the man, and still is. He is the only BB that a BB contest named after.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Franco was so much better i model myself on franco .... dont get me wrong arnold was good but franco is better

DELTA9MDA is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    Today top BBs are freaks full of juice. Now all they care about is how big they can get and how many CCs they can shoot before they die. Back then during Arnolds time it was all about shape about sculpting the body.
    they all have /do take the stuff. didnt they care about how big they could get back inth eday. you dont train to be small. you cant shape a muscle, you can only make it bigger.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA9MDA
    you cant shape a muscle, you can only make it bigger.
    so your body growth is uncontrollable and you can only get bigger oh man your to much

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold went to sh*t though...Twins...Kindergarten cop...WTF happended?

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    Today top BBs are freaks full of juice. Now all they care about is how big they can get and how many CCs they can shoot before they die. Back then during Arnolds time it was all about shape about sculpting the body.
    now that is the most uneducated thing ive read in a while, there are tons of ppl who take what ronnie does, he is the way he is from hard work and perfection in nutrition. i know guys in the gym who take more **** than he does and are not big...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information