Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834

    Do diuretics affect gains?

    My blood pressure is creeping up (just started cycle) and I am debating on taking Hydrochlorothiazide. I have a script for hypertension, but my BP is only 150/85, which is clinically high, but not really dangerous as long as its not for too long. i.e. months to years.

    I am trying the natural remedies, Fish Oil, Garlic, Ginko, Vitamin E and Hawthorn. Without that stuff it would probaly be higher.

    Anyway, back to my original question. Do diuretics affect gains?

  2. #2
    daem's Avatar
    daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,482
    i have used lasix at 40mg/ED with my last 3 cycles and not had any negative effects.

    it just quantifies the real gains since you never have any excess water.

    you might be more prone to injury with heavy lifting if you aren't holding any water at all though...

  3. #3
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    I'm just gonna take the hydrochlorothiazide. This Dbol is bloating the hell out of me thats why my BP is getting up there. So it should remedy it. Plus I will lose some of this bloat.

  4. #4
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    are you taking anti e's? they help with the bloat more then enough for most pppl.

    I wouldn't mess aroudn with duretics... your body needs water to function and grow.

    try drinking more water and do some cardio
    Well I started bruising for no reason so I dropped the Nolvadex . The diuretic is mild. 25mg Hydrochlorothiazide. It is a prescription from my doctor for when I had a bout of high blood pressure last year.

  5. #5
    kronik is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,993
    Hey bro I would stick with the BP meds, I considered lasix also and was recommeded by several bros to stay way from it. As far daem is concerned I think 40mg ED is way to high for a maintence dose.

  6. #6
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik
    Hey bro I would stick with the BP meds, I considered lasix also and was recommeded by several bros to stay way from it. As far daem is concerned I think 40mg ED is way to high for a maintence dose.
    Lasix is harsh. Thiazides are mild.

  7. #7
    kronik is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Lasix is harsh. Thiazides are mild.
    Good to know...but that was directed more at daem..

  8. #8
    daem's Avatar
    daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,482
    40mg is slightly high, but that is the dosage i have found to keep me dry regardless of what compounds i am running.

    do i recommend that dosage to an inexperienced user? no.

    i was just saying that i have never had problems at dosage for 8 wks plus

  9. #9
    kronik is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    40mg is slightly high, but that is the dosage i have found to keep me dry regardless of what compounds i am running.

    do i recommend that dosage to an inexperienced user? no.

    i was just saying that i have never had problems at dosage for 8 wks plus
    I wasn't flaming just thought it was to high for a maintence dose...

  10. #10
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    My blood pressure is creeping up (just started cycle) and I am debating on taking Hydrochlorothiazide. I have a script for hypertension, but my BP is only 150/85, which is clinically high, but not really dangerous as long as its not for too long. i.e. months to years.

    I am trying the natural remedies, Fish Oil, Garlic, Ginko, Vitamin E and Hawthorn. Without that stuff it would probaly be higher.

    Anyway, back to my original question. Do diuretics affect gains?
    Bro,run some femera,that will keep you quite dry...here on AR everyone toughts l-dex..because that is the drugs all the thread parrots love to use in thier posts.I never was never a big fan of l-dex.I'm using femera now and I'm very dry.

  11. #11
    daem's Avatar
    daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,482
    femara + prop + winny + fina + lasix = uber

  12. #12
    w_rballs's Avatar
    w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Buckeye state
    Posts
    2,653
    some diuretics can affect gains. take adalactone for example. it is an anti-androgen

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Bro,run some femera,that will keep you quite dry...here on AR everyone toughts l-dex..because that is the drugs all the thread parrots love to use in thier posts.I never was never a big fan of l-dex.I'm using femera now and I'm very dry.
    I am with you bro --> Look up all my cycles and cycleadvises (well actually if you have time but I mean it is a figure of speech ) I never recommended anything other then Letrozole (instead of the Pussy-ass Arimidex !).
    (Everyone should know that Letrozole is an evolution of Arimidex, Letro is Generation IIIb of Cancerdrugs and Arimi is IIIa -> but they are manufactured by different companies)!

    As to Lozgod --> Do what your doctor tells you, he knows better than us and also knows your medical history.

    BP is often caused by mineralretention though; so try drinking lots of water and supplementing Potassium while at the same time reducing Natrium (meaning ditch the Kitchensalt and High salty treats)...
    Also Letrozole would help a lot I think!

    Greets
    Kingofmasters

  14. #14
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    I am with you bro --> Look up all my cycles and cycleadvises (well actually if you have time but I mean it is a figure of speech ) I never recommended anything other then Letrozole (instead of the Pussy-ass Arimidex !).
    (Everyone should know that Letrozole is an evolution of Arimidex, Letro is Generation IIIb of Cancerdrugs and Arimi is IIIa -> but they are manufactured by different companies)!

    As to Lozgod --> Do what your doctor tells you, he knows better than us and also knows your medical history.

    BP is often caused by mineralretention though; so try drinking lots of water and supplementing Potassium while at the same time reducing Natrium (meaning ditch the Kitchensalt and High salty treats)...
    Also Letrozole would help a lot I think!

    Greets
    Kingofmasters
    I know bro...I've seen you post about femera as well.Just very hard to make an arguement here when L-dex is the drug of choice on this board.I go to many boards,and this is the only one where l-dex seems to be god.

  15. #15
    Lozgod's Avatar
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Philly - Better than you
    Posts
    6,834
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    As to Lozgod --> Do what your doctor tells you, he knows better than us and also knows your medical history.
    Well this is medication from last year, it is still good though. I was having major back pumps, but the HCTZ gave me a little relief, hopefully it will offer more relief in the next couple days. I think the BP is more related to the water retention than anything.

  16. #16
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    personally, I would not use diuretics.. Your body needs water for survival & all its processes. Watch sodium intake too. good luck

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •