CYCLEON Guest

Lightbulb Those with injuries!!!!!!!!!

check out http://www.activereleasetechniques.com/

ART is a near miracle cure it seems, there are certified practitioners all over the US. The Ironman is officially a partner with them - they have worked near miracles for untold number of professional athletes - including Milos Sarcev (Mr. Universe). they are especially good on shoulders and knees it seems. - Its also doesnt seem to require continued treatment - once or maybe 2 or three times and you are done!!!!! Those of you in pain, please check this out.

From their website:

What is Active Release Technique (ART)?

ART is a patented, state-of-the-art soft tissue system that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently with ART. These conditions all have one important thing in common: they often result from injury to over-used muscles.

How do overuse injuries occur?

Over-used muscles (and other soft tissues) change in three important ways:

acute injuries (pulls, tears, collisions, etc),
    accumulation of small tears (micro-trauma)
    not getting enough oxygen (hypoxia).
    Each of these factors can cause your body to produce tough, dense scar tissue in the affected area. This scar tissue binds up and ties down tissues that need to move freely. As scar tissue builds up, muscles become shorter and weaker, tension on tendons causes tendonitis, and nerves can become trapped. This can cause reduced ranges of motion, loss of strength, and pain. If a nerve is trapped you may also feel tingling, numbness, and weakness.

What is an ART treatment like?

Every ART session is actually a combination of examination and treatment. The ART provider uses his or her hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements.

These treatment protocols – over 500 of them - are unique to ART. They allow providers to identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient. ART is not a cookie-cutter approach.

What is the history of Active Release Techniques?

ART has been developed, refined, and patented by P. Michael Leahy, DC, CCSP. Dr. Leahy noticed that his patients’ symptoms seemed to be related to changes in their soft tissues that could be felt by hand. By observing how muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves responded to different types of work, Dr. Leahy was able to consistently resolve over 90% of his patients’ problems. He now teaches and certifies health care providers to use ART.

CYCLEON Guest
    BTW - the US olympic hockey team is using them as well - as did the weightlifting team, etc..........

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i've got an elbow i'd love them to look at!

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Ive heard alot about this also....sounds like its definately worth looking into..what did you do to your elbow Dane??

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Interesting, I will have to check this out.

There is an office not to far from me.

Core is offline Junior Member
    Dane, where R U in NY? I know of a doc that performs miracles. He works on a lot of pro bb's.

Iconn is offline Associate Member
    What kind of doctor is he?

gymnut4u is offline Member
    Thanks bro ,if they can put my neck back together ,I would like to see that ,lol but it would be great !!!!!!!!!

ElRey2 is offline New Member

active release

Cycleon is right- this stuf really works. I injured my soleus bad enough I thought my running days might end. ART had me up and running after the second treatment.

CYCLEON Guest
    did you get treated at the main clinic or did you get a certified practitioner? how much did it cost, how high were they certified level 1,2,3?

bigtraps is offline Member
    bump

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    Very interesting. I love reading up on new sports medicine advances... thanks for the post, cyc, and keep them coming.

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    Is this a commom practice? Does it matter if there has been prior surgery to the joint?
    Hey Core, mind pming me the name of that doc. My father lives in NY state and i could use a doc who knows what there doin on my elbow.
    Thanks

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    This is very interesting stuff!

I found a practitioner/instructor 6 1/2 miles from where I live!

Might have to check this out!

MJ

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Anyone else with any more info? I have at least 4 bodyparts they could work with LOL

The doc I just went to was ART certified. Its amazing what he can do. I knew I was in good company when I showed up and a couple of national competitors where there. They made me look like I was 12. I went for 4 sessions. About 10 min each. He took away all the pain and I feel great. If anyone needs more info drop me a line. I cant say enough about this guy. The best part is after the first session, I asked him if I should go light with my next workout. His response was to pound on my body as much as possible to make sure he was helping me

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    core, i live in brentwood, tennessee right outside nashville. is there any practitioners close by?

Sorry TTB, I only know of Long Island.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    gotta email me with the info on that guy bro - I have been looking for a good person for my friend.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    That looks very helpful. It's a great idea. Where do they have those things.

mpaone is offline New Member
    Hey guys,

I just had a question for you fellas that have had ART performed on you. I'm a martial artist and just recently had my first session of ART for scar tissue in my hamstrings/knee tendons, performed by a doctor in Newton, MA.

My question is this: how intense was the ART session for you guys?

I ask because it seemed to me like the doctor was taking it really, really lightly with me, and I felt no pain or anything. Did you guys experience any good pain or any great effort?

Appreciate it,
    Michael P.

Thread Information