Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weight loss

2timer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fundo
    ok today was the 1 st day i woke up real early and went before work was at the gym a 4:50am did 40 mins of cardio felt great all day threw work came home took a little nap and now im going back up to the gym for some more cardio and weight train. my question is, is it not good to do to much cardio should i leave the pm session of cardio out let me know

thanks guys
    you might looses alittle muscle but it is worth it. twice a day and you will see dramtic result do it for couple of months then slow down I guess. I did it and I lost 40lbs in 3months on that and hydroxycut only.

fundo is offline New Member
    sounds good. im gonna try the only thing was when i was lifting i was very tired and weak

toolman is offline Banned
    It depends on your diet whether the afternoon cardio will do anything. As it is daytime and you have been eating, your glycogen levels will be higher than in the am and the body will utilize that before breaking down any fat or muscle. If you enjoy the extra time in the gym in the afternoon, it will only help so go for it. However, it will not be as effective as your am workout with regard to fat loss.

thanks toolman and 2timer you guys a great help....just for the record i got on the scale monday morning and then today morning i know i shouldnt do that but i just want to see if anything was working and i lost 4 lbs in one day.....question should i work out with weights too?

weights is great. the more muscle you have the more fat you burn. studies have been done on this time and time again with positive results.
    Last edited by 2timer; 10-06-2004 at 02:51 PM.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calidude
    There isn't anything like ephedra. You have otc supplements out there that will speed your heart up, but not the same effects as ephedra. Secondly the reason they took it off the market is people don't know how to use it. If you take ephedrine then you should take asprin so it thins out your blood. That is why the best fat burning combo was ECA. Ephedrine and caffine to speed up your heart and the asprin to help pass the blood through your heart. Most people that took ephedrine didn't do that. Just like taking AAS, if you don't use it right you have bad side effects. Hence it being against the law.
    Amen Brotha!!

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fundo
    thanks toolman and 2timer you guys a great help....just for the record i got on the scale monday morning and then today morning i know i shouldnt do that but i just want to see if anything was working and i lost 4 lbs in one day.....question should i work out with weights too?
    Definitely hit the weights. It takes more calories, pound for pound, to maintain muscle than fat. This means that as you build muscle you will burn more calories, not only during cardio but also throughout the rest of the day.

I've read that if you are wanting to lose fat, weightlifting is more effective than cardio for this reason. I don't know for sure, but it makes sense if you think about it.

MT

changed my diet
    now i eat 5 to six times a day
    after the gym in the morning i have a lil oatmeal
    then for the rest of the day i east 4oz of chicked and a hand full of mixed veggies \
    after the pm session at the gym i have a whey protein shake
    thanks again for all the help guys

changed my diet
    then for the rest of the day i east 4oz of chicked and a hand full of mixed veggies \

changed my diet

Yeah Fundo hit the weights. Muscle requires more calories to function so it only makes you burn faster. Start with a simple program you wont quit and do that in the pm but leave your cardio in the am.

the only thing that is screwy is i need sugar carbs i was very light headed the other day....untill i had a glass of o.j. what can i eat or drink that has what i need

Sugar cubes are empty calories and avoid them unless you are diabetic and need them. Just make sure you are eating plenty of fruit and drinking alot of water throughout the day.

seanw is offline Banned
    no point doing cardio in the PM if you have already done it in the morning. In the morning make sure you do it on a completely empty stomach and dont eat after for a while. Some say half an hour some say up to three hours but either way its up to you. Good luck bro !!!! By the way make sure you do the cardio for at least 45 mins t0 about 75% of your max heart rate

ok guess im gonna have a good day today....im down 22lbs thanks again for all your help will keep you pasted....and now i can acutally see the cuts in my leg....well time for work the back to the gym....thanks again guys

ok, best for that is coconut oil for low carb. personally I like low fat diet. but if you want dramatic result then low carb is good!

hey guys whats up? im down 35lbs feeling good has anyone heard of Meridia? if so where can i get this

hey guess whats up? im down a little of 40 lbs on my 6 th staight week YEAH..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information