Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    is it volunteer work or are you actually getting paid for exploiting yourself

FinaGuy is offline Associate Member
    Hey guys, (IMPORTANT!!!)

look to be honest i dont belive this is and answer to AR getting a better rap...

my really good freind pete was on true life ima clubber and he was found at sound factory in NYC and was chossen sounded fun. but the potreyed him to look like the biggest A HOLE! made it look like he missed his job and was fired when in reality they asked him to come out of his room and look like he was so tired he missed his job. (but that wasnt the truth at all)
    and at the end of the show when they do the recaps and where they are now the wrote pete still has no job and still goes out after hours every weekend when that really wasnt the truth... sounded fun at the time but after all said and done it wasnt cool what MTV laid out for everyone to see... just let it be none what your getting into and yeah people will know u from mtv watch how the potrey you in it. u mihgt just be that addicted juice head on mtv... u never get a good rap coming off that show...

Key word True Life

O and u dont get paid for one second of that show...

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Unbiased media? nonprejudicial, unsensationalized look at AAS use? Yeah, right. That doesn't sell. It will end up playing to the anti-gear hysteria. Count me out.

Count me out also

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    They can make the pope look evil with editing

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    They can make the pope look evil with editing
    He's not evil?

berniec is offline Junior Member
    WARNING!

DO NOT GO ON THIS SHOW!!

I know people who were featured in two different episodes of "true life" and they tell you one thing, and then take the footage and goto the editing house and make you look like a complete asshole. They promised to be fair and unbiased, and then edited many hours of video together to make whatever storyline they want happen.

No need to put another show on tv thats gonna make us all look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FinaGuy
    Hey guys, (IMPORTANT!!!)

look to be honest i dont belive this is and answer to AR getting a better rap...

my really good freind pete was on true life ima clubber and he was found at sound factory in NYC and was chossen sounded fun. but the potreyed him to look like the biggest A HOLE! made it look like he missed his job and was fired when in reality they asked him to come out of his room and look like he was so tired he missed his job. (but that wasnt the truth at all)
    and at the end of the show when they do the recaps and where they are now the wrote pete still has no job and still goes out after hours every weekend when that really wasnt the truth... sounded fun at the time but after all said and done it wasnt cool what MTV laid out for everyone to see... just let it be none what your getting into and yeah people will know u from mtv watch how the potrey you in it. u mihgt just be that addicted juice head on mtv... u never get a good rap coming off that show...

Key word True Life

^^^ thats one of the episodes i was talking about. The other is the Jersey Shore one.

Scrub is offline Member
    Thanks for the warning but this thread was started back in the begining of Feb. The show probably has someone by now.

ACpower is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    I just hope who ever does it is educated.... I mean I dont want some joker talking about it.... if the right person is picked that really knows there stuff, then thats good. I just hope its not like that other guy that did BB.. you know salads for all cutting meals... idiot
    I agree with sparkle make sure the people that go on know what the hell their talking about and dont make all roid users look like idiots

Kato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berniec
    The other is the Jersey Shore one.
    the dude they followed on this sode was a foooool!

please tell us how he was portrayed in the wrong way?

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Unbiased media? nonprejudicial, unsensationalized look at AAS use? Yeah, right. That doesn't sell. It will end up playing to the anti-gear hysteria. Count me out.
    Thats exacly my feelings you just did a better job laying them out...

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    the dude they followed on this sode was a foooool!

please tell us how he was portrayed in the wrong way?
    no he really was a jackass. the gurls that were on the show wernt quite the brainless sluts they made them out to be tho.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    They have MTV at my gym. Grant it you cant hear what they say but I was on the tredmill and couldnt believe my eyes... two gay guys talking about their sexual problems and then they did a bunch of french kissing and grabbing each other???!?

Lets just say, please dont let it be a gay guy steriod user. I mean I dont have problems with gay people, etc but I dont want the world to think steroid users are all gay men. While on the same subject, hopefully they dont pick a bad attitude roid rager straight guy with scizzofrenia who likes to slap around women. A bad stereotype can develop out of this if not careful.

BigBoy10019 is offline Junior Member
    why just to 38? what about 39 and up, where the real juice have a real meaning and anyone who's over 35 can tell u bro, some guys use it just too look good, some to add some mass or loose fat, but any1 33 or younger can add or loose weight easy (easier with juice) but for me @ 42, bro it was impossible to loose weight and lets not talk to add some mass, cos I was dreaming about it. honestly, it should take people up to 45 where the juice have a real meaning plays a huge roll in our lives. Easy Papa!
    Last edited by BigBoy10019; 04-27-2005 at 10:27 PM.

playboii is offline Senior Member
    I signed up to that and this is the actual thing they request from MTV.com

True Life: I'm on Steroids
    Although many people spend hours at the gym attempting to sculpt the perfect body, not everyone gets their desired results. Are you looking for bigger, stronger, more impressive muscles, and will do anything it takes to get them? Do you want to take your athletic performance to the next level no matter what the cost? Even if it means taking steroids?

Or maybe you're not to the point where you're doing steroids, but simply a high school jock who's feeling the pressure to win & taking growth hormones and supplements like Creatine to boost your performance?

If appear to be between the ages of 18-25 and are willing to share your personal experience concerning steroid use on camera, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your name, location, phone number, and story.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by playboii
    Or maybe you're not to the point where you're doing steroids, but simply a high school jock who's feeling the pressure to win & taking growth hormones and supplements like Creatine to boost your performance?
    I know alot of kids that can afford growth hormone

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    ok guys i think this show will definately F@CK our rep pretty bad in the end...it would be good if we can (or a bunch of us) come together and fund our own show to let society know the truth..... the only way we can be looked at in a positive way is if we take the innitiative to do it our selves, think about it something this big (if we had millions of people) can make the history books lol. ok but on a serious note and in conclusion, the only way we can be looked at in a positive way would to simply do it ourselves like i stated above.. any other T.V reality show will just do anything to get good ratings ..business is business to them remember that

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy20
    ok guys i think this show will definately F@CK our rep pretty bad in the end...it would be good if we can (or a bunch of us) come together and fund our own show to let society know the truth..... the only way we can be looked at in a positive way is if we take the innitiative to do it our selves, think about it something this big (if we had millions of people) can make the history books lol. ok but on a serious note and in conclusion, the only way we can be looked at in a positive way would to simply do it ourselves like i stated above.. any other T.V reality show will just do anything to get good ratings ..business is business to them remember that
    I think its better if steroids get OUT of the media and everyone thinks and believes the issue has quieted down and steroid use is declining. Kids quit using steroids. Things where better when there wasnt any attention from congress, FBI, and other places. The more we keep steroids in the spotlight, the more troubles for everyone.

Dog gone the prohormone companies. For us, we were enticed by them, but for laymen readers including FDA, congressmen, etc... for a while it was looking like the prohormones were stronger and more potent then the outlawed steroids! The ads were very over done and its all those prohormone ads that brought all this attention on everything. Baseball didnt help things either but once again Baseball players bragging about using Andro got the prohormones all hyped up.

jeff5931 is offline Banned
    well, I guess we know what happened with that show. That guy was right, they did pick the dumbasses who dont know what their doing instead of picking someone who does it right. Of course, that would be too boring right? lol.

Shrad6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    They are not wanting to make us look bad.
    This is the ONE chance that we as steroid users can get the real story out there.
    So much for that happening.

philiioniyodealio is offline Junior Member
    dont tell me he really assisted in such an awfull representation of steroid users.....

Pump101 is offline Junior Member
    that show was horrid

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Did the admin have anything to do with this episode? just curious.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump101
    that show was horrid
    agreed.... i was so beyond pissed off how they followed these jerkoffs around as if to represent real users. these guys for the most part knew nothing about what they were doing, where they were getting it from, and with the exception of one guy (the magazine guy) could have gained at least 20-30 pounds naturally if thay lifted with more frequency and had their diet in check.......

then the whole part about the kid who passed away really got under my skin.... did u see the pics he was like 120 pounds and doing all kinds of cycles... his mother says the steroid withdrawl and addiction killed him.....

no lady your son never bothered to educate himself and thats why he's not here anymore...... steroids did not kill her son, her son killed himself.....

i got like 20 phone calls in about 10 min from all my buddies and we all were beside ourselves, i mean it really was awful, very disappointed, but that's tv wat did we expect? a show that would praise us? thats all a network needs is people trying to sue becasue their kid died after wathcing a show they produced that promoted steroid use ......

LS1
    LS1 is offline Associate Member
    I could not even watch the whole thing turned it off after the first 15 minutes it was awfull. I just knew it was going to be another BS thing so didnt want to get pissed off so did my self the favor and just turned the channel. Woohooo good going mtv just another great show....I thought mtv stood for MUSIC TELEVISION What the F happend? I guess im just old now ha

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Last edited by Smak; 01-13-2006 at 11:04 AM.

nate3422 is offline Member
    i agree i thought the show was awful and the guys in it didnt have a clue what was going on

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Did the admin have anything to do with this episode? just curious.
    I highly doubt it

Dark Spivey is offline New Member

THat damn kid

That club stripper kid made me so angry. Why would they get someone like that to represent a steroid user. Steroids are banned because of people like him. He was walking around the club talking about releasing his roid rage on some vallet lady! He was not mentally stable enough to be in the same room with AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    They will want someone who at least looks like they are on steroids . It will not be annonamous. You will be on TV sharing your experiences. If you cant do it or dont want to do it... please dont add a comment to this thread. Thanks!

bc

To be perfectly honest with you, none of who is on that show looks like they've done any steroids, and I've seen better natty physiques than that

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Everyone should have known...

MTV is the most pathetic station in existance...pure trash is behind and on that station...

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with everyone that believes this could be another attempt to continually deface steroid usage. MTV gets hours of footage, shifts though it all, and airs what they feel should be shown. Imo this will again give a negative spin on usage. The idea of the segment seems to have good intentions, but no one really understands and how could we expect them to? They don't live our lifestyle or even appreciate it. I'm all for good publicity but MTV simply isn't the one to do it.

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    the show was pretty bad. i keep trying to think of why they wouldn't show a legit bodybuilder and his daily routine. typical media bullshit. i think the show was geared toward stopping kids from trying AAS. they wouldn't dare show a 250lb. bodybuilder with 5%bf or even talk about the bodybuilding lifestyle, they just showed a few goobers that-like a lot of people on this forum- have just decided that they want to get big. it accurately shows the average asshole's lifestyle who wants to experiment with juice.

basildog is offline New Member
    This show SUCKED I waited all week to see this show and it SUCKED big time and they did portay steroid users as idiots. The gay guy was a ****ing loser and his body looked like crap. I was waiting to see something real instread got a bunch of fluff and a public saftey anouncement against the use of steroids . MTV did give their opinion and spued out a bunch of fales information at the begining of the show to get the viewer hooked. The part about the baseball player killing himself sure was sad and I feel bad for his partents but blaming steroids is just a scapegoat and they are refuesing to look at the real reasons their kid killed himself. Man, I was let down by MTV one more time. I think Spike should do a steroid show they might do it right.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    that show was just horrible

tallyjuice is offline Member
    I could not believe this shit. I watching the show, only to see that the model (fag) guy was at my gym at Florida. Whoever produced the show knew exactly what they were doing. They found three kids from completely different ends of the spectrum; one model kid with a some confidence; a dorky kid with low self-esteem; and a semi-tough kid with bad acne. All had some sort of problem. Not to sound vein, but I'm law school student with good cycle history and a low bf%. At least I would have been able to relay factual information about steroid use while sounding somewhat articulate and being in good shape at the time. PLEASE someone make a real documenatry where good candidates are used and knowledgeable doctors are interviewed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information