100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member

Protein Powders Causing Bad Joints??

I have heard a few times recently that new studies are showing that people that consume large amounts of protein powder are getting deposits in there joints from it. I'm not sure how true this is but apparently when they opened up some dead people to examine them they found protein powder deposits in there joints... like clumps of the stuff... and apparently it causes pain... anyone ever heard of this before? O and btw I was told this by my girlfriend who is taking a health class and also an x-MLB player and both within a few days... Is this bull sh1t?

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Maybe if you dont drink enough water...............but other than that idea, never heard anything like that.

Feen is offline New Member
    that sounds so unrealistic. if you eat a ton of fish does that happen? exactly HOW does the protien magiclly undissolve itself after being digested and find itself in the joints?

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I agree... but it doesnt change the fact that I have heard it 2 times in the last week... and no other things don't deposit themselves in the joint but how many things do we really consume on a regular basis (and quantity) that are as fine as protein powder? It might be bull but who knows... at one time everyone thought the world was flat... i was just wondering if anyone knows anything more about this...

Thread Information