gooroo is offline Associate Member

Business trip on First day of CLOMID

Ok so my timing is off and unplanned, my bad. I will be at a trade show on the day I am supposed to start my clomid. I am worried about the 300mg dose and how I might act that day and the following day or have headaches?

I read somewhere that some people have takin it at night before bed. Is this an option for me? One big 300mg dose before bedtime as opposed to 3 100mg doses spread out over a day?

Incharge is offline Junior Member
    i wouldnt take 300mgs of clomid ever, try using 100mgs the first week ed. then drop it down to 50mgs everyday until you pct is over. 300mgs makes alot of peoples vision blurry headaches ect ect...

Swellin Guest
    Most don't even take that high a dose anymore. Pheedno's PCT protocol calls for 100mg ED for about 28 days. It has been my experience that 100mg does not yield near the trouble that 300 does. Some of us still like to kick it off with 200mg the first day.
    Ifyou think it will interfere with your schedule with something that important on the horizon, wait until the following day to take it. PCT timing (like it or not) is not an exact science. Being off a day or so in either direction is not going to screw you up.

thanks fellas!!!!

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I'd def do 100mg ED to start
    As far as emotional probs go - from now on, I'm gonna keep 10 days clear when I start PCT cos the first week or so really fu<ks me up. That's just me tho, & lots of folks dont seem to get depressed / anxious etc..
    I found taking clomid before bed waaaay better that taking it in the morning or splitting it - sometimes I'll take 0.5mg of xanax with it, just for a really refreshing sleep.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    scrap the 300mg 1st day rule, especially on an important day, follow the advice and go with 100mg/ED for 1st week then 50mg/ED for 3 weeks

theres actually a pct cycle where you take nolvadex instead of clomid but im not sure the dosage on the nolvadex. from what i hear reason for this is some people tend to break out worse when there doing there pct while taking clomid. anyone ever hear of this???

Quote Originally Posted by Incharge
    theres actually a pct cycle where you take nolvadex instead of clomid but im not sure the dosage on the nolvadex. from what i hear reason for this is some people tend to break out worse when there doing there pct while taking clomid. anyone ever hear of this???
    not sure what your reffering to here??

nolvadex and clomid do different things to the body, one blocks estrogen and the other starts up the HPTA system again

correct PCT should consist of:

wk 1-2 clomid 100mg/ED
    wk 2-4 clomid 50mg/ED
    wk 1-4 nolvadex 20mg/ED

Swellin Guest
    Nolva only is a form of pct that has been practiced for some time. I have seen it at 80mg ED and at 60mg ED...tapering lower. Just as Pheedno has a protocol, a guy named Swale has a widely recognized one as well. See if you can research Swale's pct. I don't think I have ever seen it posted here at AR, but I know he uses HCG at the start.

thats probably the same one i saw (nolva pct) it looked something like this
    80mgs week 1
    60 mgs week 2
    40 mgs week 3
    20 mgs week 4

never tried it but i heard i works....

thats probably the same one i saw (nolva pct) it looked something like this
    80mgs week 1
    60 mgs week 2
    40 mgs week 3
    20 mgs week 4

never tried it but i heard i works....
    but how does this activate the testicular axis and restart natural testosterone production?

while doing 400mg /wk of test-e is 10mg nolva ok?

Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    while doing 400mg /wk of test-e is 10mg nolva ok?
    during a cycle yes, if gyno symtoms occur bump to 20-40mg/ED

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigswiftos
    but how does this activate the testicular axis and restart natural testosterone production?
    Both nolva and clomid are SERMs, and act in similar ways. The benefits of each are somewhat different though. I believe that Pheedno addressed this to a degree in his thread on pct protocol....have to check and see.

Swellin Guest
    Taken directly from Pheeditty's pct post....
    ---------------
    Now IMO, selective estrogen receptor modulators(SERMs) such as Clomiphine and Tamoxifen are selective to which tissues they bind too. Clomid being selective to the suprapituitary, while Tamox is selective to breast, bone, and liver ERs. I've come to this conclusion based on the comparison of studies on both SERMs. In every study showing benefit to HPTA from tamoxifin, the duration of the administration is 3-12months(This includes studies cited by William Llewellyn in his Nolva vs Clomid article). In studies showing levels of LH, FSH, and Testosterone checked after short durations of tamox, they were either insignificant, or their was an actual drop. I believe this is because tamox selectively works at the mammery(as well as bone and liver), thus taking longer for LH stimulation to occur.
    With clomid, benefit to gonadotrophin concentrations, LH, FSH, and serum testosterone can be seen in short periods of 2-6wks. Because of the apparent selective nature of the two, and given our usual PCT duration, clomid is by far superior at LH stimulation than Nolva. Now both is the wise choice for a couple of reasons:

1. Nolva acts as the preventive measure to the estrogen flux
    occured PC while clomid is the primary LH stimulator(Even more so in the case an AI is not used).
    2. If your running a longer PCT, clomid needs to be discontinued after a while as it has been shown to desensitize GnRH, this due, IMO, to it's selective nature to the suprapituitary. In the longer forms of PCT, the clomid will be phased out, leaving Nolva and L-dex

Thread Information