Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

tapering off of test?

when ending a 12 wk cycle,lets say a gram a week hypotheticaly, why wouldn't one start to cut back on the test lets say maybe for an extended 4 wks after the 12 wk cycle, maybe droping it to 500mg for 2 weeks than 250 mg for another 2 weeks than start pct? what i am trying to ask is why does everyone abruptly end there test cycle and go right into pct without tapering off? what are the pro's and con's?

Terminator1 is offline Associate Member
    Alot of people claim its better to just come off. But I have found that the sides(acne) are alot worse. Acne is caused from an inbalance of your hormones. So when you just drop off then those levels drop off also from a high to a low causing your hormones to go wacky. Therefore causing acne. Just my opinion!

the revolution is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    when ending a 12 wk cycle,lets say a gram a week hypotheticaly, why wouldn't one start to cut back on the test lets say maybe for an extended 4 wks after the 12 wk cycle, maybe droping it to 500mg for 2 weeks than 250 mg for another 2 weeks than start pct? what i am trying to ask is why does everyone abruptly end there test cycle and go right into pct without tapering off? what are the pro's and con's?
    its because, you dont wantyour body to get used to the extra test, because it shuts down up hpta function - so thats definately a con, and you'd prolly get depressed, cuz ur levels would be pretty messed up anyway imo - again, a con. if you just come off, then begin pct is to resume bringing your levels back to normal asap. and thats what best your your body.
    i think its a safety issue, and theres prolly some nasty sides out there that go along with the tapering off method, that is why it is not used. imo.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by the revolution
    its because, you dont wantyour body to get used to the extra test, because it shuts down up hpta function - so thats definately a con, and you'd prolly get depressed, cuz ur levels would be pretty messed up anyway imo - again, a con. if you just come off, then begin pct is to resume bringing your levels back to normal asap. and thats what best your your body.
    i think its a safety issue, and theres prolly some nasty sides out there that go along with the tapering off method, that is why it is not used. imo.
    Thats why you use HCG the first two weeks after your last shot of test, keeps your level from plummiting all the way, helps speed up nat. test prod. and makes pct speedier

yep i used hcg before, WOW!brings you back to life!

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    yep i used hcg before, WOW!brings you back to life!
    Whats up Doc. , Im going to use it at the end this time , when did you take yours??

BG
    Some guys take it through out cycle???

TheMindOfRoss is offline Banned
    I would drop your dosage, Using HCG and beginning Tribulus 2 weeks prior to cessation of cycle should be sufficient. I NEVER just come off COLD-turkey. The body must acclimate to its newly aquired mass.

DarkKnightAZ is offline Junior Member
    Im on 1gram of Test right now and I plan to drop to 750mg for second to last week and then 500mg for last week.

How much HCG should one take for PCT ? Ive never done HCG for PCT before, Ive always just used Nolva and Tribulus... and maybe some clomid

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I would not taper, why not use a shorter acting injectable or oral to run you to pct?

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSTARTINGNY
    Whats up Doc. , Im going to use it at the end this time , when did you take yours??
    hey my man! good to see you! yeah i took mine the last 8 weeks, 20 iu's a week, but i tapered off of test, and i was on a LONG,LONG cycle! the last 2 weeks should be good for a 12 to 14 wk cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnightAZ
    Im on 1gram of Test right now and I plan to drop to 750mg for second to last week and then 500mg for last week.

How much HCG should one take for PCT ? Ive never done HCG for PCT before, Ive always just used Nolva and Tribulus... and maybe some clomid
    there are alot of opinions on this, and it seems to me that no 2 people have the ame answer. hcg has to be done BEFORE pct, i used to think u could do it as pct, but i was corrected quickly. i only used it oncem and i used more than i needed. i was told to do 10iu's on aurday and sundays for the last 2- 8 wks of a cycle, rt b4 pct.

Thread Information