dawhat is offline New Member

protein question

i am currently taking approx 4000 calories and 200g protien per day from shakes alone. and it is getting expensive. does anyone know of a place/web-site that sells high calorie/protein in large quantites? for example a 50lb bag would be good.

alo5603 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawhat
    i am currently taking approx 4000 calories and 200g protien per day from shakes alone. and it is getting expensive. does anyone know of a place/web-site that sells high calorie/protein in large quantites? for example a 50lb bag would be good.
    it would be less expensive to get most of your protein needs out of solid foods. And more beneficial. You should really only need a protein shake for PWO nutrition, and maybe to buffer other meals if your appetite isnt up.

alo

Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    it would be less expensive to get most of your protein needs out of solid foods. And more beneficial. You should really only need a protein shake for PWO nutrition, and maybe to buffer other meals if your appetite isnt up.

alo
    i find it more expensive to take that kind of protein in solids. i currently eat 4 quares and drink 4 shakes per day total calories per day. roughly 5200 protein, 300g. but it cost me about $65 per week. where as with food it would cost me around $150 per week

nytro is offline Junior Member
    You Need To Eat Real Food!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    1. wrong forum.
    2. i would post ur diet in the diet forum so they can critique it before u start to blow money for 50lbs of protiein powder.
    3. 4000 cals alone from shakes during the day, jesus christ.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    A 10lb bag would last you quite awhile if you started combine it with real foods in your diet. You should get a variety of protein sources, as they all contain different amino acid profiles and it's to good to get a combination of all of them.
    Aim for a whey shake first thing in the morning, a post workout shake or pre/post workout whey shakes and a casein blend before bed. In addition also have a minimum of 3-4 whole meals a day would be my recommendation.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    get a sams club card or costco card and get all ur food in bulk, thats what i do cause its cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    A 10lb bag would last you quite awhile if you started combine it with real foods in your diet. You should get a variety of protein sources, as they all contain different amino acid profiles and it's to good to get a combination of all of them.
    Aim for a whey shake first thing in the morning, a post workout shake or pre/post workout whey shakes and a casein blend before bed. In addition also have a minimum of 3-4 whole meals a day would be my recommendation.
    thanks for the answer. sorry about posting in the wrong place. im kinda new to this. but i am eating 4 quare meals a day mostly chicken and tuna during the day and steak at night.i eat at least 2 baked potates and 3 cups of rice and a 1/2 pound of past per day. i drink a whey mass gainer in the morning. 2 whey isolates during the afternoon, and a casenate right before bed. but that is getting crazy expensive. i started this diet to get ready for my new cycle which is test prop, decca, drol.

alo5603 is offline Member
    i find it more expensive to take that kind of protein in solids. i currently eat 4 quares and drink 4 shakes per day total calories per day. roughly 5200 protein, 300g. but it cost me about $65 per week. where as with food it would cost me around $150 per week
    well then your just not shopping smart, when i bulk, i almost double your protein intake, and i can get by with maybe $50 or less a week. And i only have one shake a day, sometimes 2.

alo

thanks for the answer. sorry about posting in the wrong place. im kinda new to this. but i am eating 4 quare meals a day mostly chicken and tuna during the day and steak at night.i eat at least 2 baked potates and 3 cups of rice and a 1/2 pound of past per day. i drink a whey mass gainer in the morning. 2 whey isolates during the afternoon, and a casenate right before bed. but that is getting crazy expensive. i started this diet to get ready for my new cycle which is test prop, decca, drol.
    How much protein are you putting in each shake?

BOBBY D is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    get a sams club card or costco card and get all ur food in bulk, thats what i do cause its cheaper.
    DEFINITELY A MUST!

How much protein are you putting in each shake?
    i am getting between 50-60gs per shake depending on which one the caseniate is the highest.

You shouldn't be spending all that much for myself and my gf I spend about about $120 every 2 weeks on groceries with whole grain breads, potatoes, rice, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, beef etc and get a 5lb tub of whey once a month and 5lb tub up casein every 2 months roughly. So approx $325 canadian per month 2 people and i dont always buy the cheapest items while eating about 400grams of protein per day. So guaranteed you can have a cheaper diet then you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    thanx costco is just around the corner from my house i just went and grabbed the card app! appreciate your input

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    eating real food is essential , yes. but why would you not want to supplement with whey a couple times a day? first off it is cheaper, even if your buying in bulk. second, your going to be eating alot more food to equal wants in a protein drink. who wants to eat 20 egg whites at once instead of drinking a shake. third, i believe whey has a higher biovailability then even eggs. go to allthewhey.com. they sell flavorless protein in 50lb bags.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    also, what protein powder do u buy that costs u that much per week. i buy onwhey100%, it lasts me almost 3weeks & its only $32 a 5lb jar.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    also, what protein powder do u buy that costs u that much per week. i buy onwhey100%, it lasts me almost 3weeks & its only $32 a 5lb jar.
    i buy from bodybuilding .com and i am buying n-large 2 10 lbs. muscle fuel 10lbs and serious mass 12 lbs. thats appox a 2 1/2 week supply.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    You shouldn't be spending all that much for myself and my gf I spend about about $120 every 2 weeks on groceries with whole grain breads, potatoes, rice, cottage cheese, tuna, chicken, beef etc and get a 5lb tub of whey once a month and 5lb tub up casein every 2 months roughly. So approx $325 canadian per month 2 people and i dont always buy the cheapest items while eating about 400grams of protein per day. So guaranteed you can have a cheaper diet then you mention.
    Yeah, it amazes me when I see guys barely coming up with the money to buy gear, and I have to ask myself, "where are they goona get the money for the food, which is more important than the gear."

50lbs of whey protein can be purchased off of eBay I think, although that sure would suck if you got stuck with 50 lbs of protein that you hated.

But as has already been said, real food ia a must. Get at least half of your calories from a source other than shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    i buy from bodybuilding .com and i am buying n-large 2 10 lbs. muscle fuel 10lbs and serious mass 12 lbs. thats appox a 2 1/2 week supply.

It would work out cheaper to buy your own whey and some carb powder like malodextrin for example and make your own blend.

It would work out cheaper to buy your own whey and some carb powder like malodextrin for example and make your own blend.
    where could i order that? and how difficult is it to mix?

where could i order that? and how difficult is it to mix?
    I'm sure bodybuilding.com has it or pretty much any health food store that has a decent stock.

Thread Information